Help finding Christian Andersen in Fanefjord

Startet af Ric Rasmussen, 22 Jul 2013 - 00:13

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Ric Rasmussen

I seem to be stuck.

The 1834 census shows:
Præstø, Mønbo, Fanefjord, Store Dame, Et Huus, 63,
Anders Pedersen 56  Gift  Hjulmand (wheeler)
Kirsten Larsdatter 52  Gift  hans Kone
Mette Andersdatter 13  Ugift  Deres Børn 
Christian Andersen 9  Ugift  Deres Børn 
Lars Jacobsen 78  Enkemand  Fattiglem (pauper)   (KL's father Lars Jacobsen Kjempe/Kæmpe)

I am looking for the birth record of this Christian.  If he is 9 in 1834, he should have been born in 1825.

I looked at the records 1813-1825 and 1825-1838.  I looked in the males for years 1824-1826.  I also looked in the females for 1825.  I found some Christians but none of them seem to fit this individual.

Does anyone have some suggestions on where else I could look or how I could figure this out?

Thanks.
Fanefjord, Mønbo, Præstø

John Wrenholt

Try 1813-1825 Fanefjord ops 299. 

His confirmation is 1839-1853 Fanefjord ops 155.

Ric Rasmussen

Thanks, John.

That definitely looks like him in both instances.

What is the 1813-1825 Fanefjord ops 299?  If I understand correctly this a list of people moving into the parish.  I've not used this before.  Did they list children being born in this list also?  I can understand his name and his parent's names but I don't know what the rest of it means.  Could someone help me out with that?

Thank you.
Fanefjord, Mønbo, Præstø

John Wrenholt

When they started the churchbook in 1813, they allotted 80 pages for listing boys' birth records.  Page 81 was where they started the girls.  Sometime in 1824, they had filled up the 80 pages and had to either start a new book or skip to another part of the book.  If you look at the bottom left corner of ops 80, you will see that they decided to skip to page 329 which happens to correspond to ops 293 in the scanned images.  This section was designed to handle transfers but they modified the column headings so they could use it to record births.

Ric Rasmussen

Fanefjord, Mønbo, Præstø

Ric Rasmussen

Here is the page from Fanefjord 1813-1825 Opslag 299.  Can someone help me with the transcription/translation of Christian Andersen's entry which is the last one on the page?  Also do the columns mean anything different than the usual birth record?

Thank you.

[vedhæfting slettet af admin]
Fanefjord, Mønbo, Præstø