Vilslev - Peder Hemmed's Widow, Karen Lauritzdatter?

Startet af Rick Larsen, 06 Apr 2011 - 17:36

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Rick Larsen

Hi,

I am researching my ancestor Corporal Peder Hemmed who was buuried in Vilslev sogn on 20 Jul 1732 [Vilslev-Hunderup 1727-1801, Opslag 245] at the age of 42. He left behind a widow and at least two children.

His widow was called "Karen", as we see from her Introduceret on 12 Dec 1728 following the birth of their daughter Johanne [Vilslev-Hunderup 1727-1801, Opslag 6]. Johanne was buried on 17 Dec 1730 [Vilslev-Hunderup 1727-1801, Opslag 243], leaving only Christen and Gravers as known children.

On 6 Apr 1734, Karen apparently remarried to Peder Christensen [Vilslev-Hunderup 1727-1801, Opslag 194]. The entry reads as follows:

"1733 22. Nov blev Peder Christensen af Calslund og Karen sl. Peder Hemis af Wilslef trogivne. d. 6. April 1734 blev de ægteviede."

I do not find any children born to the couple in Vilslev, but I see a possibility that her name is mentioned in the first line of opslag 22 of the same register.

In searching for her death, I find one entry that is a possibility, but I cannot make the connection due to not locating the birth of children. That entry [Vilslev-Hunderup 1727-1801, Opslag 265] reads:

"1772 Dec. 20 Laust Calslunds moder Karen Lauritzdatter, 78, af Fedsted". I did not find a burial record for Peder Christensen on the first pass through the register.

Is there anone out there who can help me make (or rule out) the connection?

Regards,
Rick Larsen

Ruth Steenberg Rasmussen

Hi Rick

Citat fra: Rick Larsen Dato 06 Apr 2011 - 17:36
"1772 Dec. 20 Laust Calslunds moder Karen Lauritzdatter, 78, af Fedsted". I did not find a burial record for Peder Christensen on the first pass through the register.

I read: Laust Calslunds Moder Maren Lauritzdatter, 78, af Jedsted.
If you look at the third record on the page you will find a man Knud - the K is quite different from the way teh M is written.

Regards
Ruth

Rick Larsen

Thank you Ruth... Oh well, back to the register for another look.
Rick