Census Help

Startet af Ruth Becker Morenz, 14 Feb 2011 - 15:39

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Ruth Becker Morenz

Good morning,

I would be very grateful if someone could direct me to the area in the censuses that I may be able to find the address/street "Wodroffshuss No. 4".  This address was taken from the marriage records of my 2x great-grandparents; Johannes Ludvig Becker and Jacobine Hansine Marie Hansen.  They were married on April 25, 1859.  The record is at 1857-1864 Frederiksberg, Sokkelund, Kobenhavn, Opslag 69, Entry 42.

I would very much like to check the 1855 and 1860 censuses for her address to see if her family lived there on either of those dates.  I just need a little guidance.

Thank you very much in advance for any help you can give me.

Respectfully,
Ruth Becker Morenz

Judith Olsen

Hi Ruth

Look at the right corner of this map from 1857, there you will find "Wodroffshuuse".
There is, unfortunately, no name of the street:

http://www.frederiksberg.dk/ByOgKultur/KendDinBy/FrederiksbergStadsarkiv/Historiskekort/~/media/6708037F356E4C8B9275B5E02A07364C.ashx

Venlig hilsen
Judith Olsen
Terslev, 4690 Haslev
judith@olsen.mail.dk

Ruth Becker Morenz

Judith,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to send my the link to the map.  I did see it and I just really appreciate the help.

Sincerely,
Ruth

Frank Green

Ruth

I should know where you can find it.But I cannot.  ???
The street are called Vodroffsvej and I have biked there thousand of times,because my school was placed at Vodroffsvej.
It should be Udenbys Vester and the matrikelnumber around 20,but I can't find it in the cencus.Maybe it is under Gammel Kongevej,but I am not sure.
Do you know her fathers name?
Or could it be Vodroffshus instead of Vodroffshuse?

http://www.frederiksbergbilleder.dk/full.zap?syntax=grs1&target=www.frederiksbergbilleder.dk/b714700&cclterm1=9649&cclfield1=id

Med Venlig Hilsen
Frank

Frank Green

Now I know why I couldn't find it.

It is under Landsogn,not København

FT-1860

Landsogn
København,Sokkelund,Frederiksberg A-C

Vodroffshus nr.6 are on opslag 280,and I think nr.4 are on opslag 281.

And same approach in FT-1855 i hope.

Med Venlig Hilsen
Frank

Ruth Becker Morenz

Dear Frank,

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me and look up this street.  Like I said, I took the name of the street from the marriage record from the church.  You have given me the information I need to pursue the censuses and I really appreciate it.

Respectfully,
Ruth Becker Morez