ops 24 nr 9     Laust
ops 47 nr 2
Ops 64 nr 6  Petrina

Most grateful
Thanks
Jean

Bent Jensen

Hi Jean.

I hope, that these informations can help you.

Op 23 no. 17:
Dead  5  November, buried 10 November 1866, Laust Olsen, shoemaker in Møgeltønder, married, born in Gallehus, 48 years old, cause of death: consumption
Op 24 no 9:
Dead 6 June, buried 12 June 1867, Laurits Olsen, son of innkeeper Lorents Olsen in Stokkebro. born in Møgeltønder, dead in Stokkebro, 4 ¾ years old, cause of death:  meningitis
Op 47 no 2:
Dead 4 February, buried 11 February 1880, Johannes Olsen, bachelor, student teacher at the college of education in Tønder, stayed with his mother in Møgeltønder, 19½ years old. Buriel speak in the church and graveside ceremony.  Student teachers carried the body to the grave and sang the hymns (part-song)
Op 64 no 6:
Dead 31 Marts, buried 4 April 1848. Petrine born Jørgensen, Laust Olesens wife in Wolgeslev, 42 years old, cause of death: dropsy

Regards
Bent

Jean Taylor

Hi,

many thanks for the translation, where is Wolgeslav? I have been trying to find Laust since his wife died, but cant spot him in the church books along with his two children, or more.I wonder if he moved,
Laust was from Sonder Bork in Ringkobing. Looked up census from 1850 but  nothing, along with the other siblings of Laust that I cant find, any ideas please?

thanks
Jean

Bent Jensen

Hi Jean
The southern part of Jylland was conquered by Germany in 1864 and first returned to Denmark in 1920. Møgeltønder is today situated only a few kilometers from the border. I can't find any explanation concerning "Wolgeslev" and I can't find Laust in the 1850 census.

I don't know, if you have already found the following informations. His father was married twice. 1. Marriage 1799 with Apollone Pedersdatter, see church book S. Bork 1720-1808 (ops. 101). Second time 1801 with Mette Sophie Byrgesdatter (same page).  Apollone died in childbirth 1800 (ops 97).
I have also found some of Laust siblings in the church books from S. Bork.
Church book 1720-1808: Niels 1802 (ops 90), Apollone Kirstine 1804 (same ops).
Church book 1778-1812: Laust (ops 149)
Church book 1806-1816: Giertrud 1807 (ops3), Karen 1808 (ops 4), Byrge 1811 (ops 5), Ane Kirstine 1813 (ops 8)
You can find the parents in the census 1801 and 1834 S. Bork, and you can find some of the children in 1834 S. Bork (they are not living with the parents).

Best regards
Bent

Lissa Pedersen

Hi,

Could Wolgeslev be Bolderslev (Aabenraa county) - just a thought?

There is a Vollerslev, but it's in Præstø county on Zealand, and
there is a Volderslev in Odense county.

Lissa

Bent Jensen

Hi again
I have looked at the place name read as Wolgested again and compared it with the place names in the 1850 census. In  ops. 2 you can find a name "Slotgaden" written in a way, which is very much like the name in the church book. On thinking it over I now believe, that also this must be read as "Slotgaden", which agree with the address where the family lived in the census 1845.

Best regards
Bent

Jean Taylor

Hi Bent,

Many thanks for the ideas.  I found the following , please can you translate them for me.
Have been re looking at the church books, re children of Ole Olesen and Mette Byrgedatter.
All from  Sønder Børk, Nørre Hørne, Ringkøbing   1826  - 1845
This book has cross references, so that's a big help

Niels Christian Olesen, born 1815,   96-8, Ops 66 Nr 8,   66-5    Ops 38- Nr 5,   143-14  ops 108-14
                                                    3-9  ops 4   not to sure about this one, its in the cross ref.

Gietrude Olesdatter  born 1807,  ops 96 nr 1

Can't find Byrge born 1811   last heard of 1834 census, looked in the deaths, comfirmation also marriages, nothing,  sounds like he moved out.

Laust still remains a  brickwall also, but will work on the top two, as this might lead to the others, as the next two children, Eske and Peder, went to Tønder.
Thanks
Jean

Jean Taylor

Hi  Bent,

Sorry Ole Olesen should  be Ole Nielsen.  Ole N  had a grandson called Ole Olesen.

Thanks
Jean

Bent Jensen

Hi Jean
Ops 4-9: Wrong person (Niels Christian Nielsen)
Ops 38-5: Confirmation 1830: Niels Christian Olesen 14 ¾, at home, parents:  smallholder Ole Nielsen Sønder Bork, inoculated  (against smallfox) 2 Oct. 1815 by Monrad, medical officer of health in Varde.  Judgment:  Knowledge: Good. Manners: Good.
Ops 65-21: Gjertrud Olesdatter 24, Ole Skrædders (Tailors) daughter, left for Ug parish east of Tonder, autumn 1828
Ops 66-8: Niels Christian Olesen 15 ¼, staying with his parents, left for Ug near Tønder, Michelsday (29 Sep.) 1830
Ops 96-1: Gjertrud Olesdatter, Left for: See page 95-21       
Ops 108-14: Niels Christian Olesen, Born see page 3-9, Confirmation: See page 66-5, Left for: See page 96-8

Ug (now spelled Uge) is situated in Aabenraa county.

Best regards
Bent
bent.a.jensen@teliamail.dk

Jean Taylor

Hi Bent,

Many thanks for the translation, some of the old language I find very hard to read and I only can make out the names. Will look up Uge  census and see if I cant find them.

Thanks
Jean