1834 Trinitatis Marriage record translation

Startet af Ruth Becker Morenz, 06 Maj 2014 - 18:37

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Ruth Becker Morenz

I would greatly appreciate if anyone can decipher what is written about the groom, Severin Reimann, who married Sophie Caroline Becker in 1834.

The record was found at:
1813-1841 marriages, Trinitatis, Opslag 526, last entry

I have been trying to find out what happened to them after they married but they do not show up in any censuses, any emigration records, etc.  They just seemed to disappear.

I am hoping to find an address or occupation for Severin that might help me find them.

Sincerely,
Ruth Becker Morenz

Eva Morfiadakis

Hello,

He is a widower. Am I all wrong but I read it as place in Sverrig, i.e. Sweden? Maybe it should be Sleswig.

Her adress i Lille Brøndstræde 122.

Eva M
Eva M

Jørgen Thue Pedersen

Hej!

Reimann, Severin, Enke-
mand. Skorsteensfeier i Ma-
(rie?)stad i Sverrig.

og

Jomfrue Sophie Caroline
Becker, 20 Aar, L(ille) Brøndstr(æde) 122.

Forlovere:
Skrædderfrimester J. Becker
L. Brøndstræde 122. -
Skrædder Carl Vilhelm
Becker. Sammesteds

(Viet: 27/8-1834 i Kirken)

mvh

Jørgen

mvh
Jørgen

Ruth Becker Morenz

Dear Eva and Jorgen,

Thank you so much for your help.  Perhaps I will have to continue my search for them in Sweden as I can not find them anywhere around Copenhagen after their wedding.

You have been very kind.

Very grateful,
Ruth Becker Morenz

Jørgen Thue Pedersen

Hej!

Ja, her  står at han var 27 år, og her er "Marienstad" læseligt:

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1942-33443-257-92?cc=2078555&wc=M5VF-GPY:357517801,357517802,360035301,360182301

mvh

Jørgen
mvh
Jørgen

Ruth Becker Morenz

Dear Jorgen,

Thank you for this.  Now I know about what year he was born as well.  Could you please tell me what "Marienstad" translates to?

Ruth Becker Morenz

Inger Toudal

Hi Ruth,

Marienstad in the church book could be a spelling mistake.

Mariestad is a locality in Sweden - "Marie's city":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mariestad

Best regards,
Inger Toudal
Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal

Ruth Becker Morenz

Eva Morfiadakis

Åhström f. Reiman, Wilhelmina Carolina

Teaterg 30/Avenyn 29

Död 4/8 1913.

Kyrkobokförd i Göteborgs Vasa, Göteborgs stad (Göteborgs och Bohus län, Västergötland).

Född 13/3 1842 i Göteborgs Karl Johan (Göteborgs och Bohus län, Västergötland).

Änka (9/6 1912).

This is lady is a daughter of chimney sweep master Sev. Reijman and wife Sophia Carolina. Mother's age 27. Born in Gothenburg Karl Johan parish.

Göteborgs Karl Johans församlings kyrkoarkiv, Födelse- och dopböcker, SE/GLA/13186/C/2 (1838-1856), bildid: C0040829_00060

Mother's name is written in Swedish ending with an a which most female names did in those days.

She died 4 Aug. 1913. Became a widow on 9 June 1912.

I will see if I can find Severin R. and his wife.

Eva M
Eva M

Ruth Becker Morenz

Oh my goodness, Eva.  How did you ever find this.  This girl/woman appears to be Severin and Sophie Caroline's daughter.  Wow!  What this a church in Denmark or in Sweden?  I am thinking Sweden.

I am so indebted to everyone on this site who has helped me with my family research.  Thank you!!

I am coming to Copenhagen on May 27th and cannot wait to see your beautiful city and country.

Sincerely,
Ruth Becker Morenz

Ruth Becker Morenz

Eva,

I have to leave for work now but will check back when I get home.  THANK YOU AGAIN.

Ruth

Eva Morfiadakis

Census 1880

Namn Reiman, Sophia Carolina

Hemförsamling Göteborg Stadens 4:de rote

Egendom N:o 71 Ekelundsgatan

Kontrakt Göteborg

Län Göteborgs- och Bohus

Födelseår 1814

Födelseort Köpenhamn

Födelseland Danmark

Yrke Skorstensfejareänka

Civilstånd  Änka/Änkling 

Nationalitet Svensk medborgarrätt

Om hushållet 
Personer i hushållet 
Fam. nr 1 Reiman, Sophia Carolina, f. 1814 I Köpenhamn, Danmark, Skorstensfejareänka

Chimney sweep widow. Swedish citizen.

Gothenburg is always a nightmare to me.  Now I don't know what parish it is if it is still Karl Johan.

Eva M
Eva M

Eva Morfiadakis

Perhaps there is an expert on Gothenburg. I can't find her I am afraid.

I found the estate in a tax list:

It is the 4th zone (rote) in Gothenburg. It is estate (fastighet) 71 and it is No. 3 Ekelundsgatan. Owner is Sophia C Reiman, widow, and it is worth 5300 skr.

There are no household examinations in Karl Johan parish between 1869-1882. There are some other lists but I can't find her nowhere which is quite annoying. The death book between 1879 and 1894 has not been digitized yet,

Eva M
Eva M

Eva Morfiadakis

Mariestads kyrkoarkiv, Husförhörslängder, SE/GLA/13361/A I/16 (1833-1837), bildid: C0051655_00092

I was able to find them in Mariefred.

Chimney sweep Rejman (no firstname or date of birth)
wife Sophia C. Becker born 20 Nov. 1814
Daughter Ida Sevrina Rejman b. 25 March 1831 (so it says!)

Moved to Gothenburg in 1836.

Eva M
Eva M

Ruth Becker Morenz

Dear Eva,

You have done so much to find this information.  Thank you so much.  At least I know now what happened to her after she married.  Plus now I have the name of two children as well.
You have been wonderful!

Sincerely,
Ruth Becker Morenz

Eva Morfiadakis

Ahlgren f. Reiman, Ida Sirena

Engelbrektsg 61

Död 30/8 1913.

Kyrkobokförd i Göteborgs Vasa, Göteborgs stad (Göteborgs och Bohus län, Västergötland).

Född 25/3 1831 (ingen uppgift om födelseort)

Änka.

This is the oldest daughter. I looked in the church book again. Her second name is Serina not Sevrina and not Sirena. Since she was born in 1831 she was probably born in Denmark.

Sophia C. Reiman probably died between 1880 and 1890 since she is not in census 1890.

Eva M
Eva M

Eva Morfiadakis

The oldest daughter might be from Reimann's first marriage.

Eva M
Eva M

Ruth Becker Morenz

Dear Eva,

Thank you again.  You are so kind.

I do believe that Ida is Severin's daughter from his first marriage and that she was 3 when he married Sophie Caroline in 1834.

I truly appreciate all your help.

Sincerely,
Ruth Becker Morenz

Eva Morfiadakis

Göteborgs Gustavi eller Domkyrkoförsamlings kyrkoarkiv, Födelse- och dopböcker, SE/GLA/13180/C/8 (1845-1852), bildid: A0007181_00299

I have been able to trace the Reiman family in the Gustavi parish in Gothenburg, Sweden.

They moved to this parish in 1843.

Severin Reiman died on 26/4 1851. He fell down and was killed. He was 43 years 8 months 9 days old.
According to the household examination he was born on 15/8 1807.

There were more children:

Severin Johan Joachim b. 9 March 1839 - died 9 July 1856.

Christian Agabus b. 13/2 1844. Moved within the parish in 1871. There is a remark which is hard to read.

Carl Ludwig Waldemar 28 July 1846 - died 13 Jan. 1847.

Eva M
Eva M

Eva Morfiadakis

Sofia Carolina Reiman moved in 1885 to a parish called Mashugget in Gothenburg. She came back to Gustavi parish in 1887 where she died on 19 April 1890.

Göteborgs Gustavi eller Domkyrkoförsamlings kyrkoarkiv, Personalförteckningar, SE/GLA/13180/A I a/18 (1883-1890), bildid: A0006303_00121

Eva M
Eva M

Eva Morfiadakis

Christian Agabus Reiman married on 13 Dec. 1873. Wife's name Amanda Charlotta Svensson b. 26 Sep. 1850 in Gothenburg (Carl Johan). They had a daughter Signe b. 1 Feb. 1874.

Signe died of diphtheria on 20 Jan. 1880. 8 Days later Christian died of the same disease. The Death book has not been digitzed yet. I have it from church's report to the Central Bureau for Statistics.

An epidemic of diphtheria  seems to have been raging in Gothenburg in 1880.

In 1890 Amanda C. was still unmarried but was engaged to a merchant. In 1900 neither Amanda nor her fiancé are in the census. Perhaps they emigrated?

Göteborgs Gustavi eller Domkyrkoförsamlings kyrkoarkiv, Personalförteckningar, SE/GLA/13180/A I a/12 (1873-1883), bildid: A0006297_00442

Eva M
Eva M

Ruth Becker Morenz

Oh Eva,

You are truly an angel for pursuing this information for me.  Thank you so much.  I am forever in your debt.  I LOVE THE HELPFUL PEOPLE ON THIS SITE AND I LOVE BEING A DANE!

Thank you!

Sincerely,
Ruth Becker Morenz