Reading age at Death

Startet af Lynn Christiansen, 04 Feb 2011 - 07:46

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Lynn Christiansen

Jens Olesen was born 25 Jul 1762 (AO 1762 Birth Jannerup Hundborg Thisted 1715-1786 image 366 page 195 Record 1762 #3)

His death is recorded at AO 1763 Death Jannerup Hundborg Thisted 1715-1786 image 408 page 220 Record 1763-#1

I would appreciate help in determining his age at death as I can not read the Danish wording. I can guess at it but I would appreciate getting it exact.

See Attached

I have Anno 1763 Num 1: d: 2 dn Mart blev Ole Christensens Son Jens begravet in Jannerup kirke:
??? 1 ??? 10 ???

Where I need the help is with the age at death at the very end. When I count the months between his birth of Jul 1762 and his burial of Mart 1763 I get 8 months. I don't get any of the numbers given in his death record and I am trying to figure out what the numbers are that have been recorded and why they do not match. But first I need to know what has been recorded on his burial entry.

Thank you again for your helpful assistance.

[vedhæfting slettet af admin]
Research Areas: Thisted, Aarhus, Viborg

Ulf J. Krarup

Good morning Lynn!

The second line I read as follows:

Kirke=Gaard , gammel 10 Maaneder. ie. Church Yard , age 10 months old.

How the vicar calculated is unknown to me.
Med venlig hilsen
Ulf (5250 Odense SV)

Allan Graugaard-Jensen

Hi Lynn
In many church records before 1814 you don´t find the date when the child was born, but the date when the child was chritened.
So I don´t think Jens Olesen was born 25 July 1762 but christened at that date. About 100 years before the had to come to the church for christening 1st or 2nd sunday after they were born. This law was changed in 1771 because of the cold churches, and I believe it was alredy changed in many pariches years before.
A I also belive the 2nd Martz are the date of the burial not the death.
Venlig hilsen
Allan Graugaard-Jensen
8450 Hammel.
allangj@tdcadsl.dk