Help with Translation: Uægte Daab - Fårdrup 1782

Startet af Max Rasmussen, 19 Jan 2011 - 16:29

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Max Rasmussen

I have located the KB entry for my 4x Great Grandmother Marren Olsdatter, who was born illegitimately/uægte. Unfortunately I can not fully read the KB entry. While I know from the FT 1787 that Marren's Grandparents were Espen Olsen & Kirsten Jens Datter, I am not sure of the identity of Maren's mother (or father - althought the name "Olsdatter" may give a clue).

The KB entry is: 1771 - 1815 Fårdrup, Vester Flakkebjerg, Sorø: Opslag 19 - the final entry for 1782 (begining with the name Espen Olsen).

If anyone can help with either a transcript or a full translation this would be a great help.

Med venlig hilsen

Max Rasmussen - Norfolk, England
Med venlig hilsen

Lissa Pedersen

Hi Max,

xxxx Baptised Espen Olesen's
xxx xxx (perhaps his stepdaughter??) Karen Villadsdatter
her illegitimate daughter Maren carried by
Jens (?) Sørensen's wife ibd. The alleged father
bachelor Ole Henriksen
serving with his brother Hans Olxxx
xxx of Gierdrup xxxxx Sponsors: none

I hope that someone else will also take a look!!

Lissa

PS: On Arkivalieronline, 1787 census, opslag 5 you will find Espen Olsen and Kirsten Jensdatter. It's his 1st marriage, her 3rd.

On opslag 6 you will find a Hans Olsen - could the above?

Lissa Pedersen

Hi Max,

Do you have this from Oeders:

Kilde:  OE-1771 Mandens navn:  Espen Olesen Mandens erhverv:  Gaardfæstere
Mandens alder:  40 Mandens civilstand:  Gift
Mandens nr. ægteskab:  1 Mand død (ja/nej):  Nej
Hustru død (ja(nej):  Nej Hustrus alder:  42
Hustrus civilstand:  Gift Hustrus nr. ægteskab:  3
Sogn:  Skørpinge Herred:  Vester Flakkebjerg
Amt:  Sorø Stednavn:  2
Indtastningsnr:  C2436 Løbenr.:  42

And this extract from Familysearch:

Kirsten Jensdatter    
Event(s)
Birth:   1731
Faardrup, Soro, Denmark  
Parents
Marriage(s)
Spouse:  Espen Olsen     Disc #133     Pin #499298  
Marriage:  abt 1864  
Faardrup, Soro, Denmark  
Spouse:  Hans Rasmussen     Disc #133     Pin #499313  
Marriage:  4 Jun 1751  
Faardrup, Soro, Denmark

Found this too:

Maren Olesdatter Pedigree
  Female     
Event(s):
Birth: 
Christening:  01 NOV 1782    Faardrup, Soro, Denmark
Death: 
Burial: 
  Parents:
  Father:  Ole Henriksen  Family
  Mother:  Karen Willadsdatter 

Lissa

Poul-Erik Langvad

Hi

I read the entry:

Fest. Omn. Sanct.(Festo Onmium Sanctorum = 1. nov) døbt Espen Olesens ibid.
.....datter Karen Villads Datter
hendes Uægte Datter Maren b. af
..der Sørensens Hust. ibd. Til Barnefader
blev udlagt Ung Karl Ole Henricksen
tiennende hos sin Broder Hans Oles.
...af Gierdrup Bads faddere: ingen

Almost as Lissa but I prefer to transcribe.

M.v.h. Poul-Erik

Max Rasmussen

Hi Lissa & Poul-Erik,

Thank you so much for your help. The transcripts/translations have as I had hoped provided a lot of information. However it has also thrown up even more questions.

If Maren's mother Karen was the "daughter" of Espen Olesen, why would she be called "Villadsdatter" - this must mean that she was an adopted/step daughter as you suggest Lissa. So thank you for the OE-1771 information - now I will have to look for the 3rd husband (who should be Karen's natural father) probably somewhere between 1751 & 1764.

I can not find Karen Villadsdatter on either FT 1787 or FT 1801 on DDD, so perhaps she died sometime after Maren was born.

Looking at the original document, it certainly seems that the father's name is "Karl Ole Henricksen". However why then would his child be identified as "Olesdatter" rather than "Karlsdatter"?

It would seem that I have some more digging to do.

Med venlig hilsen

Med venlig hilsen

Lissa Pedersen

Hi Max,

Ole was Ung Karl = ungkarl = bachelor.

And yes, I think that Maren must be the daughter of Karen and her husband in the 3rd (1st or 2nd) marriage, so this husband must be a Villads/Willads ??

Opslag 63 - in 1757 - in Faardrup (1739-1780) a Willads Hansen and the widow Kirsten Jens Datter betrothed.

Lissa

Lissa Pedersen

Hi Max,

AO-77 - in 1764 (??) - betrothed widow Kirsten Jens Dtr. of Faardrup and bachelor Espen Olesen of Flakkebjerg.

Lissa

Max Rasmussen

Hej Lissa

Thank you so much for all the information you have found for my problem.

Sorry for the mistake over Ole Henricksen's name - this just proves that a little knowledge (of the Danish) can be dangerous.

With all the leads that you have found, I have almost found all the details of the family. I have found two children of Willads Hansen & Kirsten Jensdatter - Rasmus 1761 & Kirsten 1763. However I have not found my ancestor Karen's birth (there is a break in the KB between 1757-1760 so she may be here, or there is a rather indistinct entry for a Karen on Opslag 121).

I have found Willads Hansen's death recorded at Opslag 139: 5th October (1764) Willards Hansen, Farmer/Gaardmand, Fårdrup, 31 years old. Also above this entry are recorded the deaths of Rasmus Willadsen (his son) and a Søren Willads Hansen age 33 (his brother ?). I note from the betrothal that you found Willads is said to be from "Ting Jelling" so I will try there for his birth.

Your assistance has been a real help to my search, Thank you.

Med venlig hilsen

Med venlig hilsen

Lissa Pedersen

Poul-Erik Langvad

Hi

Maren was "konfirmeret" 1797 as "Espen Olsens Datter Datter Maren Ols Datter". I think she grew up in Espens house (opslag 138 Fårdrup 1781-1815).

When Rasmus was baptized Villads Hansens wife was called Kirsten Jensdatter but when Kirsten was baptized she was Kirsten Jørgensdatter.

M.v.h. Poul-Erik

Max Rasmussen

Citat fra: Poul-Erik Langvad Dato 20 Jan 2011 - 23:10
Hi

Maren was "konfirmeret" 1797 as "Espen Olsens Datter Datter Maren Ols Datter". I think she grew up in Espens house (opslag 138 Fårdrup 1781-1815).

When Rasmus was baptized Villads Hansens wife was called Kirsten Jensdatter but when Kirsten was baptized she was Kirsten Jørgensdatter.

M.v.h. Poul-Erik

Hej Poul-Erik,

Thanks for the Confirmation dates.

I had suspected that Espen Olsen had played a significant role in Marens life as her son, born 1806 (my 3x Great Grandfather) was named Espen Jensen. Perhaps Karen Willadsdatter, Maren's mother died young (i.e. after the birth of Rasmus and Villads remarried) or may be she was too young to look after Maren and her mother took the child on. I will make a further search of the "Døde" records to see if it can reveal an answer.

Med venlig hilsen

Med venlig hilsen