Relatives who emigrated from Sweden to Denmark

Startet af Paul Londahl-Smidt, 16 Sep 2013 - 21:05

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Paul Londahl-Smidt

I have several relatives who emigrated from Helsingborg, Sweden to København.  I have been unable to find them in Danish records and would appreciate any help.  They are listed in the Swedish records as

Johanna Maria Carlsdotter Knutsson, born 23 Apr 1848 in Helsingborg, emigrated 22 Sep 1873.
Katrina Botilla Carlsdotter Knutsson, born 6 May 1844 in Helsingborg, emigrated 22 Sep 1873.
Julia Carolina Carlsdatter Knutsson, born 28 Oct 1842 in Helsingborg, emigrated 5 May 1871.  The record also shows that she emigrated 26 May 1863 and12 Sep 1859.

Mange tak for din Hjælp.

Med venlig amerikanske hilsener
Paul fra North Carolina

dorte frandsen

Hello Paul!

There is a Caroline Carlsen in Ålborg 1880, age 38. She is a widow.
In Frederiksborg amt 1880 you can find a lot of swedish girls by the name Carlsen/Karlsen. There is a Johane Christiansen, maidenname Karlsen (in the marriagerecords she is named Carlsdatter), who could be one of the girls you are looking for.

Med venlig hilsen Dorte

Eva Morfiadakis

Paul,

All three of them ar registered as going to Copenhagen. I looked in the Swedish database.

Eva M
Eva M

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Hej Dorte,

Mange tak for din Hjælp.  I will look into these two.

Med venlig hilsen fra USA
Paul

Eva Morfiadakis

Navn: Johanne Marie Carlsson   Køn: K   Civilstand: Ugift
Erhverv: Straffefange   Fødested: Sverige
Kilde: FT-1880  Amt: København   Herred: København (Staden)   Sogn: Børnehustorvet   Stednavn: Christianshavn Kvarter
Husstands-/familienr: 1 B   Indtastningsnr: D2179   Løbenr.: 147

Her age fits. She is 33. She is a prisoner.

Carlsson is the male name. Carlsdotter is the female name.

I don't know where Knutsson comes from but I assume their father was named Carl Knutsson. It was not until around 1900 that the children in Sweden took their father's last name and abandoned the patronym. However some had started in advance.

Eva M
Eva M

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Hej Eva,

The father's name was Carl Adolph Knutsson.  Thanks for locating the one relative.  I wonder what she was in prison for.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Paul Londahl-Smidt

The Caroline Carlsen listed in the 1880 census is not mine.  In her daughter's confirmation her name is given as Mette Caroline Carlsdatter.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Eva Morfiadakis

Paul,

It doesn't have to be her in the 1880 census. Johanna Maria Carlsdotter/Carlsson was not an uncommon name.

Eva M
Eva M

Paul Londahl-Smidt