Help with finding Death Church Record for Bertha Maria Carlsen

Startet af aileen young, 26 Aug 2013 - 07:40

Forrige emne - Næste emne

aileen young

I need help with finding the death of Bertha Maria Carlsen.

Born 12 April 1819 Church record Garnisons 1818-1851 Ops 22 No 115. Parents Jorgen Carlsen and Marie Jakobine Hansen.

I have been able to find Bertha Marie with her 4 sisters in the 1880 census,Kobenhavn,Kobenhavn,(Staden),Vesterbrogade(ulige numre),Udenbys,Vester,Enghavens Rode matr.nr143,,Vestergbrogade107B,forhuset,2den sal.

I think the sisters ran a school.

Bertha Marie does not appear in the 1885 census Kobenhavn,Kobenhavn(Staden),H.C.Orsteds Vej (ulige numre), Frederiksberg,H.C Orsteds Vej57, Forhus2.Sal6,
neither does one of her sisters Jorgine Jacobine whose death I found in Frederiksberg 1882.

I have not been able to find Bertha Marie's death in Frederiksborg1880-85 church records or Garnisons 1880-85 where I have found her parents and another sister.

Any other suggestions would be most welcome.

Aileen Young
Kobenhavn,Vejle.

Inger Toudal

Hi Aileen

You could try to find her death record in Skt Matthæus.

For reference: http://www.landsarkivetkbh.dk/hovedst/txt/print/lister.htm
http://www.fogsgaard.org/index.php/kobenhavnske-gader

If you don't succeed, please write again.

Best regards,
Inger Toudal
Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal

aileen young

Hi Inger,

Thank you for the websites ,they have been helpful in finding the youngest sisters death church record.

I have still not been able to find Bertha Marie's death , I am now also looking for the two remaining sisters Dorthea and Johanna Carlsen's death record, I cannot seem to find them in the 1890 census.

Any help would be great.

Aileen
Kobenhavn,Vejle.

Eva Morfiadakis

Carlsen, D skolebestyrerinde=head mistress,  lives in Lille Torvegade 28 in 1890 according to Krak.

You find her in Census 1890 in Lille Torvegade,  image 96. Johanne and Hansine Petera are there too.

Lille Torvegade is Vor Frelser parish.

Eva M
Eva M

Inger Toudal

For clarification, I'll list the 1880 and 1885 censuses:

København, København (Staden), Vesterbrogade (ulige numre), Udenbys Vester, Enghavens Rode matr. nr 143, Vesterbrogade 107 B, forhuset, 2den sal, 445, FT-1880, C5138
Name:    Age:    Marital status:      Position in household:      Occupation:      Birth place:
Dorothea Carlsen   63    Ugift   skolebestyrerinde      Kjøbenhavn
Bertha Maria Carlsen   60    Ugift   hendes søster      Do.
Jørgine Jacobine Carlsen   55    Ugift   do.      Do.
Johanne Carlsen   52    Ugift   do.      Do.
Hansine Petrea Carlsen   50    Ugift   do.      Do.
Wilhelmine Marie Møller   40    Ugift   en søsterdatter      Do.
Christian Natalius Møller   33    Ugift   en søstersøn, instrumentmager ved den kgl. geværfabrik      Farum

København, København (Staden), H. C. Ørsteds Vej (Ulige numre), Frederiksberg, H.C.Ørsteds Vej 57,Forhus 2.Sal, 6, FT-1885, C8580
Name:    Age:    Marital status:      Position in household:      Occupation:      Birth place
Dorthea Carlsen   68    Ugift   Husmoder   Skolebestyrerinde   Kjøbenhavn
Johanne Carlsen   57    Ugift   Slægtning   Lærerinde   Kjøbenhavn
Hansine Petrea Carlsen   55    Ugift   Slægtning   Lærerinde   Kjøbenhavn
Vilhelmmine Marie Møller   48    Ugift   Slægtning   Lærerinde   Kjøbenhavn

For the 1890 census you have to look for 1890, København, Torvegade, Lille  ;)
at www.sa.dk/content/dk/ao-forside/find_folketallinger

Is there an address in Jørgine Jacobine's death record 1882?

Inger T.
Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal

Inger Toudal

Here's the niece, first listed in the same street (but No 22) as in the 1890 census, then at two later addresses :

http://www.politietsregisterblade.dk/component/sfup/?controller=politregisterblade&task=viewRegisterblad&id=1831944&searchname=polit_simple

Hansine Petrea died 9 June 1897 (probably buried in Skt Matthæus?):

http://www.politietsregisterblade.dk/component/sfup/?controller=politregisterblade&task=viewRegisterblad&id=3311656&searchname=polit_simple

Still to be found Dorthea, Bertha Marie, and Johanne.

Inger T.
Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal

Eva Morfiadakis

You find Dorthea's death in Vor Frelser 1883-1892 image 122.

She died on 16 Dec, 1891 and was buried on 21 Dec. on Nørre Assistans Kirkegaard. Cause of death: senility. Unmarried

Eva M
Eva M

Eva Morfiadakis

I looked at the adress in the registerblade suggested by Inger - Oliegrensgade 1 in census 1906, image 4. Johanne Carlsen lives with relatives named Møller. The head of the household is called Therese Olivia Helene M. and is a music teacher.

You find Johanne's death in Sundby, deathbook 1901-1907 image 265.

Eva M
Eva M

aileen young

Thank you Inger and Eva so much for all your help.

Jorgine Jacobine Carlsen's death I found in Frederiksberg 1878-1882.Ops 298 No.15
21 January 1882.

There is an address stated but I cannot work out the first letter , I tried to work it out using the remainder of the letters in the gade but couldn't find it.

Aileen
Kobenhavn,Vejle.