Help with Translation BOYSEN marriage

Startet af Jane Boisen, 08 Jun 2013 - 08:35

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Jane Boisen

Hello

I am a new member of this forum. I have been looking in the Danish Archives for my BOISEN/BOYSEN family. I have found a marriage record for a Nis BOYSEN and Marethe PETERSEN in 1846. I do not know if this is the correct family because I cannot read it. Would some kind person be able to translate it for me please? I could email the image to you. I am not sure if I can post an image here in this forum.

Thank you and regards
Jane

Christian Konstmann Autzen

Hi Jane - and welcome here; we are many to help you  :)

But, please write more about your persons - where are they living, parish etc.

Greatings

Christian

Min slægt: Autzen, Konstmann, Nansen, Hegelund, Sønberg, Matzen, Schmidt, Kruse, Wolf. Min hustru's slægt: Mærsk, Fogh, Møller, Hark, Lund, Aaskou, Blom, Dethlefsen, Beyer, Troels Winther.

Jane Boisen

Hello Christian

Thank you for your welcome message. This BOYSEN family was in Rise, Aabenraa-Sonderborg, Denmark. I have now attached my file.

My great grandfather was Niels Peter BOYSEN born December 1850 in Flensburg. His birth record says his father was Niels Peter BOYSEN (soldier Laaland, never a resident of Flensburg) and his mother was Johanne JOHANSEN. His birth was illegitimate. Niels Peter immigrated to Queensland, Australia in 1871 from Horsens, Skanderborg.

In 1878 a Peter BOISEN also immigrated to Australia. Peter went straight to the same place in Queensland as Niels Peter. I think they are related, perhaps half brothers. Peter was born in 1857 in Klovtoft, Aabenraa Denmark. On his death record Peter Boisen's parents were listed as Nis BOISEN and Mareta PETERSEN.

I am trying to find out whether my great grandfather Niels Peter BOISEN and Peter BOISEN have the same father. Could Nis and Niels Peter be the same person? Could he have fathered my grandfather in 1850 and then married Mareta PETERSEN?

There is also a Niels Peter BOJESEN born 1824 in Læsø Vesterø, Hjørring Herred, Denmark who would be the right age. He married Johanne OLSEN in 1852.

I hope I have explained clearly for you.

Regards
Jane

[vedhæfting slettet af admin]

Lise Østerberg Bahr

Hello and god morning.

Jane, you also can find some Boysen + Petersen a.s.o.  fam. at Helmut Martensen web.site: from/ in -area near by/around- Flensburg: look = Weiter zu den Daten......in alfabetic order.

www.Adelby.com - written in German -

Regards
Lise Østerberg BAHR

Børge Nielsen

Hi Jane

here is a translation of the engagement
the last part is more difficult, so I will need more time for that.

(Rise parish, Rise district, Aabenraa county, opslag 93)
Forlovet 19.sep.1846
Der Junggeselle Nis Boysen, ehelicher Sohn des Abnehms-
hufner Peter Boysen in Jarup, und der Cahtrine geboe-
ren Nis Jepsens daselbst, mit dem Mädchen Maretha
Petersen in Ries, sonst gebürtig aus Abel bei Tondern, eheli-
cher Tochter des .... Christen Petersen in Ries
früher in Abel, und der Mariane, geboeren Jensen
aus Jeising, Gemeines Hostrup bei Tondern.

Engaged 19.september 1846
The Bachelor Nis Boysen, legitimate son of small farmer
Peter Boysen in Jarup, and Cathrine born Nis Jepsens in
the same place,
with the girl Maretha Petersen in Ries, but native
of Abild parish in Tønder county, legitimate daughter
of ..... Christen Petersen in Ries earlier in Abild,
and Mariane, born Jensen from Jeising, Hostrup parish
in Tønder county.

(Rise, Rise, Aabenraa, opslag 186)
married 20.nov.1846
der Junggeselle Nis Boysen aus Jarup, mit dem Mäd-
chen Marethe Petersen in Riis.

The had more then one child in Klovtoft (Clautoft):

(Hellevad, Sønder Rangstrup, Aabenraa, opslag 30)
født 9.mar. 1853, døbt 25.mar. 1853
Marie Boiesen, ægte Datter af Gaardmand Nis Boisen
i Clautoft og Hustru Mareta f. Petersen
Faddere:
Esher Marie Petersen af Clautoft
Maria Petersen, af Riis
Christian Christiansen af Clautoft

(Hellevad, Sønder Rangstrup, Aabenraa, opslag 35)
født 17.febr. 1855, døbt 5.mar. 1855
Anna Margrethe Boiesen, ægte Datter af Gaard-
mand i Clautoft Nis Boisen og Hustru Mareta f.
Petersen. Barnet blev hjemmedøbt af Præsten, dernæst
indsignet i Kirken den 29.April 1855, hvorved vare
Faddere:
Ellen Kjestine Hansen
Maren Petersen
Julius Lorenzen, alle Clautoft

(Hellevad, Sønder Rangstrup, Aabenraa, opslag 39)
født 22.febr. 1857, døbt 22.mar. 1857
Peter Boiesen, ægte Søn af Gaardmand i Clautoft Nis Boisen
og Mareta f. Petersen fød 1822
Faddere:
Hans Peter Christensen
Christen Christensen
Christina Markussen, alle Clautoft

Regards Børge

Børge Nielsen

I don't think Niels Peter Boysen was son of Nis Boysen and Mareta Petersen.

Nis and Mareta had a stillborn son 2.mar.1850 in Rise (opslag 207).

Jane Boisen

Hello Lise and Børge

Thank you for your help with my BOYSEN family and for the translation of the engagement Børge.

I think my great great grandmother, Johanne Christine JOHANSEN, was born in Adelby about 1825. I will look at the website you suggested Lise.

My great grandfather's birth (Niels Peter BOYSEN, 1850, Flensburg) was illegitimate so the details about his father on his birth record may not be completely true. They would only be what Johanne knew about him. I have attached his birth record.

Can you tell me if records for soldiers were kept? Perhaps this would tell me where the soldier Niels Peter BOYSEN senior came from.

I understand there are no records for Flensburg, Schleswig online.

Thank you once again
Jane

[vedhæfting slettet af admin]

Christian Konstmann Autzen

Hi Jane

"Laaland" is the same as "Lolland" - see the parish' under Maribo amt.

Georg Bärens is on the adelby.com homepage.

And - Helmut Martensen (www.adelby.com) is just at this time working on Flensburg. His next updating on his homepage will be this autemn, he hopes  :)

I understand there are no records for Flensburg, Schleswig online. = correct, you will have to go to Landsarkivet i Aabenraa or Rigsarkivet in Copenhagen to see these archives; or wait until Helmut Martensen will get more names on his homepage.

But you kan also ask for information in Flensburg "Flensborgs borgerbog - tilbyder opslag" by Cay-Erik Geipel https://www.slaegtogdata.dk/forum/index.php?board=6.0  I don't know if he is also speeking english.

With regards

Christian
Min slægt: Autzen, Konstmann, Nansen, Hegelund, Sønberg, Matzen, Schmidt, Kruse, Wolf. Min hustru's slægt: Mærsk, Fogh, Møller, Hark, Lund, Aaskou, Blom, Dethlefsen, Beyer, Troels Winther.

Jane Boisen

Thank you to Christian and to everyone who has helped me. I will be patient and keep trying to find my Boisen family's origins.

Kind regards
Jane

Lise Østerberg Bahr

Hi aboth, all.

Georg Bähr, is one of the persons from

DIE FAMILIEGESCHICHTE DER BAHR´EN IN SCHLESWIG- HOLSTEIN -familybook, laying i Universitetsbibliotek Kiel, Leipzig, Archivs in Schleswig aso.

(some 2 ladies has written about the Bahr familys through 100 years in USA - too) about 2 years ago.

Our A loong Familystori about the Bahr´s (Bährs) back to about 11-1200 years - aare also lying in DAS LEMMEL ARCHIV - see Georg Bahr blatt:

Bahr/Anna Landt/ Lemmel/Molinnus fam.  also in USA (Apothekergeschlächt) (Farmacia-fam.) after Keller-family.

United States Air Forces Chief Ingenieur

Hanns Landt Lemmél, Guntersblum/Rhein, and Minni KOCK - no children

A book by Hans Heinrich Lemmel: (Schlosser, Tischler, Schiffsbau-Ingeniør u.a. Schriftsteller under dem Namen Hanns Landt-Lemmel bis 1925 in Hamburg 1925-1974 in Wiesbaden.:. mit Minna KOCH verheiratet. =( Maria Wilhelmine)
his book:

"Gewinnung, Veredelung und Verarbeitung der Oele und Fette. Aus der Praxis für Prazis und Studium.". Allg. Industriverlag Berlin 1932.

http://geneal.lemmel.at/WhK-40e.html

Written by Georg Bahr, (from Adelby.com - by Helmut Martensen - web) printet in printhouse H. M. Hauschild, in Bremen, and with the help from many prof. and Historicall interested people and Archivpersonals from Germany and Denmark.

The family Landt Lemmel, still have 2 - living daughters - in California !

Look here at this News and Newspaper information
Der Lemmel-Stamm in Holstein aus der Rheinpfalz H. D. Lemmel, 1985.:

http://geneal.lemmel.at/WaldhambKiel.html

(I saw youy have Horn and Gerken(s) - maby some of ours ?
Hope i remenber when I go on with this webside i august/sept. ?

for kind information from and:
Regards
Lise Østerberg Bahr

Lise Østerberg Bahr

Hi Jane Boisen.

Did you read my messeage ?

Regards
Lise Østerberg Bahr