Help with 3x g-grandmother; Mathilde Beate Frederikke Olsen

Startet af Ruth Becker Morenz, 10 Maj 2013 - 19:22

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Ruth Becker Morenz

Back on July 20, 2010 I asked for help interpreting my 3x g-grandparents marriage record (20 Apr 1826 Frue Kirke, Kobenhavn).  On that record my 3x g-grandmother's name is recorded as Mathilde Bente Frederikke Olsen.  I am trying to find information regarding her birth and/or info on her parents but have not been able to find them on any censuses. 

Her father, a master shoemaker, was a witness to the marriage and was listed as living at Dybensgade 182 in 1826. 

From the censuses (1840, 1845 and 1850) I have found both my 3x g-grandparents; Georg Ludvig Theodor Becker and Frederikke Olsen, and Frederikke's age makes her born around 1799-1801 in Kobenhavn.   

If anyone would be so kind as to help me find out anything about Frederikke and/or her parents I would be so very grateful.

Sincerely,
Ruth Becker Morenz

Eva Morfiadakis

I looked at image 174 Vor Frue (1814-1837). The name is Mathilde Beate Frederike Olsen.

Eva M

Sorry I didn't read the headline so well. I only saw your spelling mistake.
Eva M

Eva Morfiadakis

I saw she gave birth to a male child that died - Trinitatis image 129 (1836-1844). Her name is stated as Frederikke Beate Olsen.

If you look in Garnison image 136 - births 1784-1844 there is a Beate Friderica born 14 Aug. 1799. Her parents are Johannes Olsen an Inger Marie Hendrichsdatter. However you can't be sure she is the right one.

Eva M
Eva M

Ruth Becker Morenz

Dear Eva,

Thank you for that information.  I will go with that and see where it leads me.

Thanks again so very much.

Ruth

Ruth Becker Morenz

I just found an 1801 census with the family of Johannes Olsen, his wife Inger Marie and their family including Frideriche Olsen (possibly my 3x g-grandmother). 

I was wondering if there is any possibility that the name "Mathilde" was added by mistake on her wedding record at Vor Frue.  On all her children's birth records she is referred to as Frederikke or Frederikke Beate Olsen.  On all the censuses I have found them at, she is referred to as Frederikke Olsen.  The 1801 census that I just found says Johannes is a cobbler.  That would lead me to believe that this is her father since a master shoemaker named Olsen was listed as her witness at her wedding.

Does any of this make sense to anyone else?  The name "Mathilde" just does not show up anywhere else.

I would so greatly appreciate any thoughts on this.

Respectfully,
Ruth Becker Morenz

Eva Morfiadakis

I guess all things could happen in the church registers.

Have you found her death record? I don't know if there are probates for her or her parents.

Maybe you should try to find her confirmation around 1813-1815 or so.

Eva M

Eva M

Inger Toudal

Hi Ruth,

I did a search in http://danbbs.dk/~stst/kbh_kbg_reg/ (it's not known which parishes and which periods the database covers) and found:

Johannes Olsen                                    Død : 17.05.1843
Anm: 85  SKOMAGER                                Sogn: Vartov Hospital (89)

Vartov Hospital, Sokkelund, København 1834-1851, opslag 66, # 7 in 1843.

The deceased is Skomagermester, 85 years old, and had spent 16 years, from 1827 to 1843, in Vartov Hospital [an institution for poor and/or sick people who were not able to work].

Census year: FT-1840   County: København   District: København (Staden)   Parish: Vester Kvarter   Place name: Farvegade
Title no /address: Nr. 132 & 133, Vartou Hospital   Household-/ family no: 152   Source entry no: C9481   Record no: 4057
Name: Johannes Olsen   Age: 82   Marital status: Enkemand   Occupation: Lemmer i Stiftelsen  
Comments: "forhen Skomagermester"

I also found what I presume are his children:

B: Johan Henrich                                                  Født: 24.11.1794
F: Johan Olsen - ved gtf                                          Døbt: 12.12.1794
M: Inger Marie Henrichsen                                         Sogn: Garnison

B: Kirstine Margrethe                                             Født: 29.03.1797
F: Johannes Olsen - arb.m.                                        Døbt: 17.04.1797
M: Inger Marie Henrichsdatter                                     Sogn: Garnison

B: Beate Frederikke                                               Født: 14.08.1799
F: Johannes Olsen - afsk.                                         Døbt: 08.09.1799
M: Inger Marie Henrichsdatter                                     Sogn: Garnison

B: Christian Ludvig                                               Født: 24.01.1802
F: Johannes Olsen - afsk.                                         Døbt: 21.02.1802

B: Christiane Frederikke                                          Født: 28.09.1804
F: Johannes Olsen - skomager i knabrostr.115                      Døbt: 21.10.1804
M: Inger Marie                                                    Sogn: Helligånd

B: Christiane Frederikke                                          Født: 29.10.1807
F: Johannes Olsen - skomager i knabrostr.109                      Døbt: 06.12.1807
M: Marie Henrichsdatter                                           Sogn: Helligånd

København, København (Staden), Snarens Kvarter, Snarens Kvarter, , Matr. 115, 550, FT-1801
Name:  Age:  Marital status:  Occupation in household:  Occupation:  
Johannes Olsen 44  Gift Lejer af Kælderen Skoflikker  
Inger Marie Henrichsdatter 37  Gift hans Kone  
Johan Henrich [Olsen] 6  Ugift deres Søn  
Christine [Olsen] 4  Ugift deres Datter  
Frideriche [Olsen] 2  Ugift deres Datter  

I looked up the birth of Johan Henrich 1794 in Garnisons, Sokkelund, København 1784-1810, opslag 80, right hand page. His father is G[arder] til fods "Guardsman at foot". At Beate Frederikke's birth 1799, the father is afsk[ediget], i.e. retired from the military.

As Johan[nes] Olsen was a military man, you might find his marriage in Garnisons parish.

Best regards,
Inger Toudal
Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal

Eva Morfiadakis

You find Beate Frederike Olsens confirmation in Helligånd image 186 1736-1813. She is 14 at the time of the event. Doesn't say more.

Eva M
Eva M

Eva Morfiadakis

I notice that Frederike named one of her children Johannes but no Inger or Marie.

København, København (Staden), Sankt Annæ Vester Kvarter, Kronprinsessegade, Huuset nr. 387, Kælderen, 379 F5, FT-1840, C5130
Navn: Alder: Civilstand: Stilling i husstanden: Erhverv: Fødested:
Ludvig Becker 37  Gift  Futteralmager 
Frederike Olsen 40  Gift  hans Kone 
Georgine Frederike Becker 13  Ugift  deres Børn 
Carl Becker 9  Ugift  deres Børn 
Johannes Ludvig Becker 8  Ugift  deres Børn 
Anna Bolette Becker 6  Ugift  deres Børn 
Lovise Catarine Becker 4  Ugift  deres Børn 
Christiane Sophie Becker 1  Ugift  deres Børn

Eva M
Eva M

Ruth Becker Morenz

Dear Eva and Inger,

I had to leave for a few hours and just got back to all of your responses.  THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR TAKING THE TIME TO HELP.

Do you think that if Johannes retired from the mitlitary that he could have taken up shoemaking?

I have not found Frederikke's death notice.  I do know that in the 1870 census, she was a widow living with her daughter Louise Cathrine Becker.  I am still working on looking through parish death records.

I feel in my heart that this Frederikke Beate is my 3x g-grandmother but I will continue to research to hopefully confirm once and for all.

Again,  thank you for your help and kindness.

Respectfully,
Ruth Becker Morenz

Ruth Becker Morenz

Dear Eva and Inger,

I just re-read the translation of Frederikke's marriage record that I have and she was living at Gammelstrand 6 which is in the Helligaands Kirke area.  More proof??

Ruth

Eva Morfiadakis

Georgine Louise Becker died in 1873 (Helligånd - image 315 1870-1891), miss from Tordenskjoldsgade 29.

Eva M
Eva M

Ruth Becker Morenz

Dear Eva,

Thanks for that record but I do not have a Georgine Louise Becker in my tree as yet.  I will have to research her to see if she might be a sister to Georg Ludvig Theodor Becker; Beate Frederikke's husband.

Ruth

Eva Morfiadakis

Samtlige personer i husstanden

København, København (Staden), Vævergade, Udb. Klædebo Kvarter, 833, 39, FT-1880, D5050
Navn: Alder: Civilstand: Stilling i husstanden: Erhverv: Fødested:
Frederik Vilhelm Winther 60  Gift Husfader Cand. juris, Assistent Kjøbenhavn
Louise Cathrine Winther f. Becker 45  Gift hans Kone  Kjøbenhavn
Amalie Johanne Georgine Winther 21  Ugift deres Datter  Kjøbenhavn
Frederikke Vilhelmine Winther 15  Ugift deres Datter  Kjøbenhavn
Michael Christian Winther 12  Ugift deres Søn  Kjøbenhavn
Marie Christiane Winther 10  Ugift deres Datter  Kjøbenhavn
Carl Ludvig Winther 5  Ugift deres Søn  Kjøbenhavn
Udøbt Drengebarn 1  Ugift deres Søn  Kjøbenhavn
Thorvald Nordahl Lund 28  Ugift  Sætter Kjøbenhavn

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mother doesn't live with them. She may have died in Alm. hospital or another hospital.
Eva M
Eva M

Eva Morfiadakis

Sorry, I didn't notice she had another second name.

Eva M
Eva M

Ruth Becker Morenz

Dear Eva,

I just saw that Georgine Louise's father was Georg Ludvig Becker, born 1760.  He might very well be the brother of my 4x g-grandfather, Johannes Joachim Becker.  It would seem very coincidental that Johannes would name his 1st son Georg Ludvig Theodor Becker.

Also, thanks for the idea of checking in Alm Hospital.  I REALLY appreciate it as I have not found her death notice anywhere else yet.

Respectfully,
Ruth