Help Locating Children in Magstrup

Startet af smith20, 20 Apr 2013 - 04:49

Forrige emne - Næste emne

smith20

Hello, I hope someone can help me. I am searching for members of a family but am having the hardest time locating and reading the records. I am trying to find children born to a couple named Hans Jorgensen Smidt and Kjesten Veien (married in 1853). 

I am trying to find any other children born to them besides the below ones and, if possible, find their death records as well. Any other children would have died as infants.

I have found the records for the children:
Christian, born December 29, 1852
Jorgen, born July 16, 1855
Anna, December 14, 1858
Martin, October 28, 1860
Peter, February 5, 1867
Peter, October 29, 1868
Bertha / Bodil, March 10, 1871

Also, they had a daughter Dorthea Kirseine Smith, born on February 8, 1864 (I do have this birth record). The family story is she died at the age of four by drowing in a well but I have been unable to locate anything at all on her death. Any help on the above would be greatly appreciated.

Everything found in Maustrup, Haderslev, Denmark.

Thanks,
Andrew

Ralph Rasmussen

Combing through about 18 years of deaths, the only one that caught my eye between 1858 and 1876 was the first Peter, #13 for 1867.  Easier to read in 1866-1939, opslag 228.

Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Hans Chr. Baagøe

Hi

Not all of them died as infants.

More of them is found in the confirmation records (Magstrup 1849 - 1885):
Christian Tobiesen Veien (opslag 208, #6)
Jørgen Hansen Schmidt (opslag 212, # 7)
Martin Hansen Schmidt (opslag 217, #10)

I have not found the confirmation records for the other children. This indicates that they could have died as infants or was raised in an other parish, often by people related to one of the parents.

Hans Chr. Baagøe

Helmut Kudsk

Hi Andrew,

The family emigrated to the USA in 1883.
The children Peter and Bertha / Bodil at that time were 15 and 12 years old.
It can be assumed that they were confirmed in the United States.

Helmut
from Germany

smith20

Ralph, I was going through my old papers and it looks like she actually died at the age of eight.  Would you happen to see anything for her death four years later than i thought?

Dorthea Kirseine Smith, born on February 8, 1864 (I do have this birth record). The family story is she died at the age of four by drowing in a well but I have been unable to locate anything at all on her death. Any help on the above would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for any help y ou can offer.
Andrew