Search help suggestions

Startet af Michelle Bie, 17 Aug 2012 - 06:49

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Michelle Bie

I know this is a forum for finding relatives in Denmark, but I have a question that I hope one of you can help me with.

Part of my family came to Denmark from Sweden. Do you have any suggestions for searching the swedish records on ancestry.com? I was told that 'husförhörslängden' contains a lot of imformation and a family can be followed through the years. What is the best way to find this information, for instance I know that my great great grandparents were born in Malmöhus, Lövestad, Sweden, is there a method to how they were listed or is it a random listing year to year?

Everyone has been so helpful when I have needed help with my Danish roots, I hope one of you can give me pointers to make this search easier too.

Sincerely
Michelle

Eva Morfiadakis

Michelle, about every second year there is a new book. Your grandfather Magnus was born, I think in 1866, in Heinge. You start that year by looking into the book husförhörslängden containing 1866 and find Heinge. It is probably in alphabetical order but you can't be sure. There could be a list of contents in the book.

The standard information is name+date of birth+place of birth+where moved from+where moved to+date of marriage+date of death. The purpose of "husförhör" was to establish if the person knew to read Luther's catechism and when they had this "husförhör" (=home interrogation) the minister gave the participants the Holy Communion. The book contains the person's grades in reading and understanding Luther's church. Sometimes the reading was not reading but learning by heart.

Sometimes the minister wrote other things in the look, like crippled, insane etc. Usually the minster wrote if someone had been sentenced in a court of law.

The information on ordinary people is just the standard information. Of course, you can see the household of the person if he is living at home or if he is employed.

If the person moved you will have to look in the "inflyttningslängd" of the new parish where you get a reference to the "husförhörslängd" of that parish.

Eva M
Eva M

Paul Løndahl-Smidt

Hi Michelle,

Here is a useful site for southern Sweden.  It was where I started and found my great grandfather who came to Denmark from Sweden.

Paul
Fåborg    Barløse

Michelle Bie

Paul,

I don't see the link, can you post it again.

Thanks,
Michelle

Paul Løndahl-Smidt

Hi Michelle,

Here is the website http://www.ddss.nu/%28S%2852nwsv45ru2af4j5fsuax3rh%29%29/english/default.aspx.  When I was researching my great grandfather coming to Denmark from Sweden a Swede said if they couldn't afford the passage to the US they went to Denmark.

Sincerely,
Paul
Fåborg    Barløse

Eva Morfiadakis

Michelle, your grandfather is not in the database Paul suggested. The parish where your grandfather and greatgrandfather were born is not yet registered.

Eva M
Eva M