The crew on the boat Annie fra Frederikshavn

Startet af Bjartmar Sigurdsson, 25 Jun 2012 - 14:55

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Bjartmar Sigurdsson

Hi again.

I have been looking for information on the crew from the boat "Annie fra Frederikshavn" which all died in beginning March 1942. I have now got thanks to this great forum and the great people here so much help in finding info on at least two of them below
Ole Larsen the skipper born 12.12 1896 in Horne Asdal, Hjørring amt.
Niels Christian Olesen born 07.07.1901 in Vindblæs Sogn Gjerlev Herred,Randers Amt

On Ole and Niels I have a lot of good information now but still looking for any living relatives like children or close family.

On these man below I have little information on yet. The documents I have might not state the correct town or age.

Svend Christian Pedersen from Esjberg born 01.09.1904

Georg Heckmann Pedersen from Odense 24 years old when died  ( seen his name also written as Geo Pedersen)

Eli Egholm from Faroe Islands 20 years old ( Dont know if his records would be in Denmark)

Kristian Jensen from København age 20-30 years old according to documents

Bjartmar

Betina Broen Kock

Citat fra: Bjartmar Sigurdsson Dato 25 Jun 2012 - 14:55
Hi again.

I have been looking for information on the crew from the boat "Annie fra Frederikshavn" which all died in beginning March 1942. I have now got thanks to this great forum and the great people here so much help in finding info on at least two of them below
Niels Christian Olesen born 07.07.1901 in Vindblæs Sogn Gjerlev Herred,Randers Amt

On Ole and Niels I have a lot of good information now but still looking for any living relatives like children or close family.

On these man below I have little information on yet. The documents I have might not state the correct town or age.

Georg Heckmann Pedersen from Odense 24 years old when died  ( seen his name also written as Geo Pedersen)

Eli Egholm from Faroe Islands 20 years old ( Dont know if his records would be in Denmark)

Bjartmar

http://www.vagn-chr.dk/phpGedView1/individual.php?pid=I813&ged=vagn.GED

As i told you, i do not know that much (the homepage is not mine), ewentough he is a brother of my grandfather... My mother has not seen her father or his family since she was 9 years old.

Betina
A little about Niels Christian Olesen
Betina Broen Kock
Nordborg, Als Nørre Herred.

Forsker i min mors familie Olesen/Nielsen af Aalborg og omegn
og min fars familie Sørensen/Pedersen af Taars (Hjørring) og omegn

Bjartmar Sigurdsson

Thank you so much Betina. Very good information and great to get the picture :) We are making a memorial for these men in Iceland so every small thing is good.

Ruth Steenberg Rasmussen

Hi Bjartmar

Georg Hechmann Pedersen was born in Odense on the 28th of July 1917.

You find his birth on www.arkivalieronline.dk
Odense amt, Odense Herred, Sct. Hans kirke 1917-1921, opslag 29.

He was son of  tailor Niels Vilhelm Georg Pedersen and wife Andrea Josefine Hechmann.
The family lived in Oluf Bagersgade 47.

Regards
Ruth

Corrected spelling of Hechmann

Bjartmar Sigurdsson

Thank you Ruth ! I went to this site and found it. I tried to look for some relatives on Danpa,Daisy and DDA but found nothing more. Actually found nothing, I think this is perhaps not a skill I possess :)

Ruth Steenberg Rasmussen

Hi again

I have not been able to find relatives either or the family at a later periode. Nor even his confirmation. So I think they have left the city Odense before 1921 as we have a census searchable on www.odensedatabasen.dk and I cannot find any of the family there.

Sorry to say, but it will be difficult to find newer informations unless someone knows the family.

Regards
Ruth

Bjartmar Sigurdsson

Thank you very much Ruth. Let's hope someone comes along who knows them :)

Verner Bentsen

According to attached picture, only 5 died.

Found here: http://www.sbib.dk/soeulykke.htm

Mvh Verner

[vedhæfting slettet af admin]

Bjartmar Sigurdsson

Thank you Verner. According to British documents there is a person from Faroe Islands missing from that list.... Lets hope that he lived and did not die on the boat......
Bjartmar

Betina Broen Kock

Citat fra: Bjartmar Sigurdsson Dato 25 Jun 2012 - 14:55
Hi again.

Bjartmar

Hi Bjartmar.

I have just spoken to a cousin of my mother...
He told me that as far as they (the family) know, the boat was struck by a sea mine and went down on open oceans but they dont where... and he sead that it was posible that it was the boat on your land...

Betina
Betina Broen Kock

Bjartmar Sigurdsson

Thank you very much Betina. You have been most helpful.

Betina Broen Kock

Betina Broen Kock

Bjartmar Sigurdsson

New info from Esbjerg Archives

An article from Ritzaus in the local Esbjerg newspaper Vestkysten dated 3. july 1942.
It says that Annie from Frederikshavn was presumably lost in the North Sea. Then it mentions the crew: Ove Larsen (Frederikshavn), Christian Olsen (Copenhagen), Geo Petersen (Odense), Christian Jensen (Frederikshavn) and Svend Christian Petersen (Esbjerg).

Fisher Svend Christian Petersen had his home in Esbjerg, was about 40 years old and unmarried. He had lived in Esbjerg, but hadnt been home the last 2-3 years. SCP leaves 3 sisters behind, who all live in Esbjerg. Fru Signe Christensen, married with Gerhard Christensen, fru Ejs, Sjællandsgade 40 and widow Jensen, Nørregade

Bjartmar Sigurdsson

Dear all. Can anyone tell me how I can I find out if any of the sisters of Svend Christian Pedersen above are still a live in Esbjerg ?

Bjartmar

Inger Buchard

Good that you got contact to the archive in Esbjerg.

And once again: what does the archive in Esbjerg know about his sisters? It's the best source of knowledge!

Inger
Redaktør på DIS-Wiki

Bjartmar Sigurdsson

Hi Inger. They dont have any information on them....