Help in finding Friedrich Wilhelm Petersen from Ohrfeld, Angeln

Startet af David Dart, 06 Jun 2012 - 08:09

Forrige emne - Næste emne

David Dart

I am looking for Frederick William Petersen, the father of my great great grandmother.

Her mother was born in 1823, so I assume that FW Petersen may have been around the same age?

The below record states that he is from Ohrfeld, Angeln – would this record be his birthplace – or just where he was currently living?

She has gotten pregnant in Kelstrup, which might indicate Frederick was working there and Ohrfeld was his birthplace?

I cannot find much about Ohrfeld, but there were some Petersens living in that area.

The only information that I have is -

- Friderikke Wilhelmine Petersen, born 1858 was an illegitimate daughter of Jes Jessen's wife Anna Maria Jessen (Tychsen) from Kliplev.

- The alleged father is the worker Friedrich Wilhelm Petersen from Ohrfeld in Angel (peninsula east of Flensburg), who made her pregnant (besov hende) while she lived (boede til leje) at the mason Christian Thaysen in Kelstrup. Mother aged 36.

Witnesses:  Friderikke Jörgensen in Riis  Marie Helene Branderup ibid. Hans Rasmussen Petersen Kirkmann i Brunde (Rise parish)

The next possible record of FW Petersen is at the christening of Friderikke Wilhelmine Petersen's half brother - Thøge Jensen Larsen who born in 1866 on the 4th of July

Witnesses of the baptism:
1. Frederick Petersen
2. Conrad Schrøder
3. Anna Lorentzen

Any assistance would be appreciated

David

Inger Buchard

You'll have to ask in Gernamy for a copy of the birth record of FWPetersen; according to www.slesvignavne.dk Ohrfeld, Da. Udmark belongs to the parish Esgrus - you'll find the adress and the 'Gebührenordnung' (prices) at
http://www.kirchenkreis-schleswig-flensburg.de/archiv/ahnenforschung/index.html

As Frederik/Friedrich Petersen is a very common name you can't be sure that the witness at the baptism of half brother if Fr. Wilhelmine is a relative to FW Petersen

Inger
Redaktør på DIS-Wiki

matthias lassen

Hi David,

Did You already ordered a birth record of FW Petersen / Ohrfeld ?
I think I found him, but I am not sure: Last week I had the opportunity and I searched the birth register from 1800-1840 and found two persons with name Petersen and Friedrich or Wilhelm in Esgrus parish:
- Wilhelm Fridrich Petersen, * 24.Oct. 1827, illeg. child of Cathrina Margretha Hansen in Holzkoppel, her father Peter Hansen; the father of the child given as Wilhelm Friedrich Petersen (from Gut Oehe)
- Fridrich Petersen, * 22.May 1828 (son of Peter Petersen, Röhrmus, and Anna Christina Dethlefsen)

Perhaps the first one ? He would fit best, but how to be sure ? Perhaps You should ask for the death record of the mother or the father (or the grandfather) where the child (grandchild) could be mentioned with more information about his whereabouts and decendants ?

best regards
matthias lassen

David Dart

Thanks very much Matthias,

The first record certainly seems to match the area - would Cathrina Hansen have been living in Ohrfeld at that time of his birth, as her home seems a long way from Angel? ;)

kind regards

David Dart

matthias lassen

Hi David,

well, I must admit that I didn´t check "Holzkoppel" then, but now I find in Schröders "Topographie des Herzogthums Schleswig" (1854), that there are 2 "Holzkoppels": One is near Rieseby/Saxtorf, but the other is in Esgrus parish, so it would be that one (Schröder 1854: "2 kleine vom Hoffelde des Gutes Rundhof abgelegte Parcelenstellen, Cappelerharde, Kirchspiel Esgrus"). I can´t see why Holzkoppel obviously was under Gut Rundhof and now seems to be under Gut Ohrfeld, but there could be many reasons.

matthias

David Dart

Hi Matthias,

I think that makes me more confident that the first record may be the person I am after! The 'other' Holzkoppel is so far away from Ohrfeld it would have been unlikely they even met! Plus it is in Germany as opposed to Danish pre-German Schlesvig.

Thank you for your detective work, very much appreciated  ;D

David