Help with birth record Jacob Nielsen

Startet af Diane Green, 16 Mar 2012 - 04:35

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Diane Green

I have a birth date for Jacob Nielsen of 1806 and have found a church record I thought was the record of his birth.  But in trying to read the entry, I am not sure if it is a birth or confirmation record.  Also having problemd with the names of parents. I would appreciate help in deciphering the entry.  The record is from Brenderup parish, Odense, dated 16 Nov. 1806 (opslag 17) child's name Jacob.

I am attaching a copy of the scanned image.

Thank you to anyone who can help with this.

[vedhæfting slettet af admin]
Sincerely,
Diane Green

Jens Viliam Froulund Villumsen

Hi Diane.

I read (in danish and translated):

Jacob
Den 16de November blev Daaben confirmeret over Niels Absalonsens og
Anne Marie Jacobsdatters Barn af Lybekshuset, som ved Hannis
Daab den 29de September var kaldet Jacob. Frembaaren af Giertrud
Marie Absalonsdatter af Fyllestæd. Fadderne: Rasmus Pedersen
i Kiostrup, Absalon Andresen og Jens Sørensen af Fyllestæd
Michel Gregersen i Brenderup.

On November 16 was confirmed the home-baptism from September 29 of Jacob, child of Niels Absalonsen and Anne Marie Jacobdatter living in a house called Lybekshuset. Giertrud Marie Absalonsdatter from village Fyllested hold the childin the church. Withnesses: Rasmus Pedersen from village Køstrup, Absalon Andresen and Jens Sørensen, both from Fyllested, and Michel Gregersen from Brenderup.
mvh. Jens
jens.villumsen@mail.tele.dk

Diane Green

Hello Jens,

The translation does answer my concern that I might be looking at a confirmation record rather than a birth record, so this does appear to be my ancestors.  I was not sure of the names of parents and this helps immensely.  Thank you so much for your help.
Sincerely,
Diane Green

Lissa Pedersen

Hi Diana,

You will find Jakob's confirmation on image 58 in Brenderup parish (1813-1825).

Lissa

Ralph Rasmussen

A look at the transcribed census gives Niels's parents, his age, and a rather narrow window for his marriage.

Odense, Vends, Brenderup, Fyllested, , 1, FT-1801, A0516
Navn: Alder: Civilstand: Stilling i husstanden: Erhverv: Fødested:
Absalon Andersen 66  gift huusbond bonde, sognefoged, lægdsmand og gaardbeboer,har humleavl 
Karen Marie Nielsdatter 49  gift hans kone   
Niels Absalonsen 25  ugift deres børn   
Andreas Absalonsen 15  ugift deres børn   
Giertrud Kirstine Absalonsdatter 17  ugift deres børn   
Dorthe Marie Absalonsdatter 12  ugift deres børn
(+ servants)

'med venlig hilsen'
-Ralph
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Ralph Rasmussen

On Jacob's parents' marriage:

Den 21de Junij viet ung Karl Niels Absolonsen af Fylestad og Pigen Anna Ma-
rie Davidsdatter af Lybechshuset. Forlovererne vare Absalon Andrasen
af Fylestad og Jacob Hellsen? af Lybechshuuset.

Brenderup 1802-1831, opslag 94

June 21 bachelor Niels Absolonsen of Fylestad and miss Anna Marie Davidsdatter of Lybechshuset (Lübecks house/s) were mariied.  Guarantors were A. A. and J. H.

mvh
-Ralph
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen

Diane Green

Ralph,
Am I able to find the original of this marriage record in the Brenderup parish records scanned online?  I do not understand the citation of "bulletin 94".  Perhaps the term was incorrectly translated.

Sincerely,
Diane Green

Ralph Rasmussen

In the same parish record as your original citation, 'opslag' 94 is the page or fiche numbered 94 on the left side.  There is no consistent relationship between the opslag and the numbered pages in the original.  Many of the older books are actually foliated, with the sheets numbered and the sides referred to as a or b, e.g. folio 23b.

The fourth entry on that page begins 'Den 21de Junij'.

'med venlig hilsen'
-Ralph
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen

Diane Green

Ralph,
If my Danish were better, I would have figured it out.  The column as I see it is "opslag" and now it is clear to me they are the same.

Also: to Lissa and Jens
Since I am unable to reply individually to each response at this time, thank you to all who have sent messages.  I will be looking for the original scanned records today.  This is such a wonderful help to have this forum.
Sincerely,
Diane Green

Lissa Pedersen

Hi Diane,

It's the right way write to us as you do now.

Good luck with your further search. Don't hesitate to ask more questions - could be that someone can help.

Lissa

Diane Green

Lissa,

I'm sure there will be more questions as my research proceeds.  Thanks again
Sincerely,
Diane Green