Assistance to find living relatives in Denmark - please

Startet af David Dart, 14 Mar 2012 - 03:21

Forrige emne - Næste emne

David Dart

My family in Australia descended from a Danish man called Karl Pedersen Tirsbæk. We know him as Carl Berntsen (as listed on my great grandfathers death certificate)

My Great Grandfather (Mads Madsen) was his illegitimate child with Mary Madsdotter. I have some information on Carl below and would like some assistance to see if there are any living relatives in Denmark today. I have family visiting Denmark in May 2012 and would like to see if we have any relative who might like to meet us.

His legitimate son was Hans Kristian Pedersen as listed Ribe, Malt, Vejen, Vejen, Hus, 20, FT-1870, and he had some daughters.

The information on Carl, I have is below

Carl Berntsen was born 22 Feb. 1831 in Læborg parish and baptized Carl Pedersen Tisbech (AO, Læborg 1821-1860, opslag 8, 1831, No 2).

His parents are tenant Bernt Nielsen and wife Birthe Carlsdatter of Tiisbechhuus.

Carl is listed with the same name at his confirmation in 1845 (AO, Læborg 1821-1860, opslag 79, No 8).

He was probably named Carl Pedersen after his maternal grandfather?

Ribe, Malt, Læborg, Kiisbækhus, FT-1801 census
Name: Age: Marital status: Position in household: Occupation:
Ane Kirstine Johannesdatter 27 Gift [married] Husmoder [housewife] Inderste og væverske [tenant and weaver]
Birthe Carlsdatter 2 Ugift Hendes datter [her daughter]
Convenient that Carl could use the patronym Berntsen to conceal his real identity!

The family in the 1834 census:
Ribe, Malt, Læborg, Læborg, , Tiisbech, et hus, 53, FT-1834 Name: Age: Marital status: Position in household: Occupation:
Bernt Nielsen 49 Gift Inderste og daglejer [tenant and day labourer]
Birthe Carlsdatter 37 Gift Hans kone [his wife]
Ane Kirstine Berntsdatter 13 Ugift Deres barn [their child]
Else Kirstine Berntsdatter 9 Ugift Deres barn
Carl Pedersen Tiisbech 3 Ugift Deres barn

His family in the 1845 census:
Ribe, Malt, Læborg, Tisbech, , Et Huus, 57, FT-1845
Name: Age: Marital status: Position in household: Occupation: Birth place:
Bernt Nielsen 66 Gift Inderste og Dagleier Horne S. Ribe Amt
Birthe Carlsdatter 49 Gift Hans Kone Her i Sognet [in this parish]
Carl Peder Tisbech 14 Ugift Deres Børn Her i Sognet
Niels Berntsen Tisbech 5 Ugift Deres Børn Her i Sognet

Carl Pedersen Tisbech (Berntsen) with family in Vejen parish in the 1870 census:
Ribe, Malt, Vejen, Vejen, , Hus, 20, FT-1870
Name: Age: Marital status: Occupation in household: Occupation: Birth place:
Karl Pedersen Tirsbæk 39 Gift Husfader [Head of household] Husets eier, Dagleier [Owner of the house, day labourer] Læborg ,Ribe
Kristine Marie Smidt 38 Gift Husmoder Hans kone Slesvig
Ane Katrine Pedersen 11 Ugift Barn Her i sognet
Hans Kristian Pedersen 5 Ugift Barn Her i sognet

Your assistance would be most appreciated

Kind Regards

David Dart

Lissa Pedersen

Hi David,

I just give the link to your previous posting on the old forum (Dis-Danmark): http://www.dis-danmark.dk/forum/read.php?11,669827,669907#msg-669907

Lissa

Jane C

Hi David, A couple more census years for your collection:

Ribe, Malt, Læborg, Tisbechhuus, et Huus, 57, FT-1840, C6359
Bernt Nielsen 55 Gift Inderste og Dagleier
Birthe Carlsdatter 43 Gift Hans Kone
Carl Pedersen 9 Ugift deres Søn

Ribe, Malt, Vejen, Veien By, Huus, 70, FT-1860, D5522
Carl Pedersen Tiisbæk?? 29 Gift Dagleier og Huusfader Læborg
Christine Marie Schmidt 28 Gift hans Kone Nustrup i Slesvig
Ane Catrine Pedersen 2 Ugift deres Barn Her i Sognet

By 1870 (in the census you cited above), Carl Pedersen Tirsbæk and Christine Marie Schmidt are the parents of two children (half siblings to your ancestor):

1. Ane Catrine Pedersen born about 1858 born in Vejen, Malt, Ribe, Denmark

2. Hans Kristian Pedersen born about 1865 in Vejen

Do I understand you correctly, that you wish to know whether these two people grew to adulthood and had children.  

I ask only because no one has replied (except for Lissa giving that link), so maybe people are not sure where to start....?

Hans Chr. Baagøe

Hi

I don't know, if there are living descendants of Ane Catrine Pedersen and Hans Kristian Pedersen, but I have a little knowledge to some of their ancestors.

I'm related to Birthe Carlsdatter. Her grandfather sergeant Rønne from Gesten is one of my ancestors.

Kind regards
Hans Chr. Baagøe

Lise Østerberg Bahr

Hi.

Was one of your related RØNNE later an Eyedoctor (thourgh World War 2) ??

Then one Østerberg was too - a political (sarcastic drawings - against German Nazist - through World War II) drawer - connected to the government - FOLKETINGET.

Kind regards
Lise Østerberg Bahr

Hans Chr. Baagøe

Hi

Sergeant Rønne could be that Peter Rønne. born in Fladstrand in 1742, son of Carl Heinrich Ernst von Rønn married with Karen Ottesdatter Malle, but I have not been able to proove it.

Carl Heinrich Ernst von Rønn could be this (his age in Fladstrand matches very good), but I have not been able to proove it:

CARL H. VON ROENNE
Sex: M
Event(s):
Christening:   29 Oct 1715 Osten, Niedersachsen, Germany
Parents:
Father:   SYLVESTER, H. VON ROENNE
Mother:   ANNA H. VON DER KUHLA

Sergeant Rønne from Vester Gesten moved later to Grene Parish where his son: Carel Simon Hinrich is born in 1775

Carel simon Hinrich was the grandfather of the above mentioned Birthe Carlsdatter.

My guess is, that the eyedoctor in Copenhagen belongs to an other Rønne family, one of the family with origins on the island of Bornholm.

Today i have found, that: "1. Ane Catrine Pedersen born about 1858 born in Vejen, Malt, Ribe, Denmark":

Reference: Kirkebog    Ajourført: 18 Mar 2012    RN: 3398
Navn: Ane Cathrine Pedersen
Født i: Vejen Mark   d.: 30 Aug 1858
Hjemmedøbt i: Vejen Mark   d.: 01 Sep 1858
Døbt i: Vejen   d.: 01 Okt 1858
Faddere: Pige Else Marie Schmidt af Nustrup, gartner Petersens hustru Marie af Vejen, ungkarl Hans Jørgen Schmidt af Skodborg, ungkarl Niels Behrentsen af Drostrup og husmand Jørgen Knudsen af Vejen
Konfirmeret i:    d.:
Adresse:    d.:
Begravet i:    d.:
   Far (# 3051): Carl Pedersen Tisbech   * 22 Feb 1831   + 19 Dec 1899
   Mor (# 3397): Cirstine Marie Smith   * 06 Feb 1832   + 20 Jan 1898

Gift i: Vejen kirke   d.: 12 Maj 1883
Med # 17265: Søren Hansen Timmermand   * 06 Sep 1859   +
   Far (# 17269) Niels Andreas Hansen   *    +
   Mor (# 17270) Bodild Margrethe Sørensdatter   * 1818   +

1. barn (# 17268 ): Karl Peter Sørensen Timmermand   * 31 Dec 1883   +
2. barn (# 17267 ): Nielsine Margrethe Sørensdatter Timmermand   * 04 Okt 1886   +
3. barn (# 17275 ): Hans Christian Timmermand   * 21 Nov 1888   +
4. barn (# 17266 ): Kristine Marie Sørensdatter Timmermand   * 06 Feb 1891   +
5. barn (# 17274 ): Agathe Bothilde Sørensdatter Timmermand   * 10 Feb 1893   +
6. barn (# 17273 ): Niels Oskar Sørensen Timmermand   * 18 Dec 1895   +
7. barn (# 17272 ): Otto Oskar Sørensen Timmermand   * 17 Aug 1898   +
8. barn (# 17271 ): Niels Julius Sørensen Timmermand   * 04 Nov 1900   +

-------
Hans Christian Pedersen has been relocating several times. In 1896 he was sergeant in Aarhus.

Kind regards
Hans Chr. Baagøe

Jane C

Amazing Hans!

David, this online tree (link below) might lead you to a living related family - descended from your ancestor's half sister Ane Catrine Pedersen (born about 1858 born in Vejen, Malt, Ribe, Denmark). Made the connection with Google search, based on the wonderful research and hard work of Hans Chr. Baagøe.

http://www.sm1.dk/schmidt/fam49834.htm

This tree says: "Kirstine Marie Sørensdatter Timmermand born 06 FEB 1891 at Vejen died 13 SEP 1977
at Agerbæk married Jens Andreas Christensen (gives his data) - son Niels Kristensen"

We haven't heard from you, David, so...?  

Kirsten Tatt

Kirstine Marie is buried in Aarre, Skast, Ribe

http://findengrav.dk

venlig hilsen Kirsten

[vedhæfting slettet af admin]

David Dart

Thank you Jane, Hans, Lise, and Kirsten,

my apologies for not responding sooner (I got a message from the old site when the link was updated) I thought the new site operated the same way, and I was delighted to see you answered my post, I thought because I had not received an email, that no one had looked at it!

Hans,you have done so much work, it looks like you have all of Denmark! Please forgive my lack of Danish, but could you please confirm my understanding so far - I wish I was related to you!

Ane Catherine Pedersen (1/2 sister of my grandfather?) married Soren Hansen Timmerand and had a daughter Kirsten Marie Timmerand who married Jens Andreas Christensen and had a son, who may be alive, called Niels Kristensen?

I am so happy if I have living relatives in Denmark....are there any other branches of this tree which might bear fruit?

Also is it possible for me to contact these people or is it difficult due to privacy?

I am amazed at how skilled you all are - very impressive!

Kind regards

David

Kirsten Tatt

Kirstine Marie's son Niels is born in Aarre, Skast, Ribe 1923 - opsl 25

This also gives you this information:

It tells that
Agathe Timmermand is of Rodebæk
Anna Timmermand is of Rodebæk
Oskar Timmermand is of Rodebæk

Kirsten

David Dart

Hi Hans, on second read it appears you ARE related to me, as Birthe Carlsdatter is my great great grandmother. Wow, this amazing! Are you living in Denmark?
One other question I have is the reference to house numbers in the census - are they an address that can be seen today if the houses are still standing?
Ie Ribe, Malt, Vejen, Veien By, Huus, 70, FT-1860, D5522 .- is house 70 a street number? I would like to see something solid that my ancestors would have seen. I know that a lot of churches survive, but I am not sure about the houses?

Kind regards

David

Hans Chr. Baagøe

Hi Dave

You can't use the numbers in the old censuses to find the adress, but for some of the parishes in the old Vejen munincipality, there is a "translationlist" at the local archive. They do also have a book named "Læborg sogns historie", where they list the owners of the older houses and farms in Laeborg parish.

Last wednesday I sent an email to you, where there was at link, so you could see the location of "Tirsbækhus". There was also a link to my family tree.

I was not aware of your post 2 years ago, that is why our contact has not been established in 2010. If I think, I can give a little help, I usually do this.

Yes, I'm living in Denmark, and my job is in Vejen, but I live 20 km South of Vejen. My father is born a little north of Tirsbækhus 91 years ago.

With the help from Kirsten and a few others, I'll try to update my family tree in the branch, where you belong.

Kind regards
Hans Chr. Baagøe

David Dart

Hi Hans
I have searched for your email and I don't seem to have it, (I checked in junk also but not there!). Could you please send it to me again.

Much appreciated
Kind Regards
Dave

Hans Chr. Baagøe

Hi Dave

I have just send it again til email adress in your profile.

Kind regards
Hans Chr. Baagøe

Hans Chr. Baagøe

Hi David

I have received your mail and also tried to answer it.

I have made a check of my ISP on this listing: http://mailboxtools.com/tools/blc.aspx and found, that more of their mailservers are blacklisted. This could be the reason for "no mail to you".

Kind regards
Hans Chr. Baagøe