Axel Løndahl Johansen

Startet af Paul Londahl-Smidt, 31 Okt 2011 - 21:39

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Paul Londahl-Smidt

When I started my genealogy research 7 years ago I didn't realize that my father had 7 relatives who had emigrated to the US in the 20th century.  Now I have located an 8th relative, Axel Løndahl Johansen, a first cousin of my father.

I need help in locating Axel in both the Danish records and the American records.  This is what I know so far.

According to Axel Løndahl Johansen's København Police Register, he was born in 1903 in København.

According to the 1921 census for Øster Farimagsgade 25, København, opslag 140, he was born on 26 Oct, no year given.

His parents are Christian Peder Laurits Johansen who was born 26 Jan 1866 in Nødebo, Frederiksborg and Catharine Marie Løndahl who was born on 14 Aug 1873 in Skt Knud, Odense.

Christian and Catharine were married in Skt Knud, Odense on 9 Jun 1896.

They had one other child that I know about, Amalie Hansigne Johansen who was born 23 Apr 1897 in Skt Jakob, opslag 106 nr 92.

From unsourced information, I think that Christian died  on 13 Mar 1919 and is buried in Assistens kirkgaard.

Axel Løndahl Johansen arrived in New York on the S.S. United States on 8 Apr 1925 and was living, according to the 1930 US census in North Pelham, Westchester County, New York.

According to the Social Security Death index there is an Axel Johanson who was born on 30 Sep 1959.

My questions are

Where in København was Axel baptized?  Where did the family live in the 1916 census?  What happened to Axel in the US after 1930?

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Excuse my mistake on the Social Security Death Index.  Axel Johansen was born on 30 Sep 1903 and died in Jan 1969 in Flushing, Queens County, New York.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Homer Ficken

Paul, have you:

-Searched the 1921 census to see if he was then with his mother at the address he listed for her on the 1925 passenger list?

-Sent for his Social Security record?
Areas of interest:  Tønder county,  Brede, Daler, and Visby parishes
http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=-skow-

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Hi Homer,

He was with his mother in the 1921 census.  I have never ordered any social security records.  How do I go about it?

Sincerely,
Paul

Frank Green

Hi Paul

Wrong date of birth.

København,Skt.Johannes 1900-1906 opslag 241 nr.283

Frankie

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Thanks so much Frankie.  How did you decide to look in the Skt Johannes records?

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Homer Ficken

Citat fra: Paul Londahl-Smidt Dato 01 Nov 2011 - 00:08
Hi Homer,

I have never ordered any social security records.  How do I go about it?

Sincerely,
Paul

Go to his listing on Ancestry and click on the "Order Records" icon.
Areas of interest:  Tønder county,  Brede, Daler, and Visby parishes
http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=-skow-

Frank Green

Because of this one.

FT-1916 København,Dronning Olgasvej opslag 133 first floor,to the right.

And it looks,that it can be difficult to find the funeral of his father,because of his faith.

And the confirmation record of Axel

København,Mariendal 1917-1928 opslag 25 nr.13

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Thanks Homer and Frankie.  Now I know the story of Axel in Denmark.  I know I will find his story in the US.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul