Jørgen Poulsen og Karen Hansdatter

Startet af Paul Londahl-Smidt, 17 Aug 2011 - 03:15

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Paul Londahl-Smidt

I am looking for the baptisms of Jørgen Poulsen and Karen Hansdatter.  I have search the Rudkøbing and Refsvindinge kirkebogs with no success (perhaps my inability to read Danish has something to do with it).  Any help in locating their baptism and parents' names will be greatly appreciated.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Here they are in the 1840, 1845, 1850, and 1860 Rudkøbing, Langelands Nørre, Svendborg censuses.

Jørgen Poulsen   44    Gift      Baadfører   
Karen Hansen   48    Gift      Hans kone

Jørgen Poulsen   49    Gift      baadfører   do [Rudkjøbing]
Karen Hansdatter   52    Gift      hans kone   Refsvindinge sogn, Svendborg Amt

Jørgen Poulsen   53    Gift      Baadfører   Rudkjøbing
Karen Hansdatter   57    Gift      hans Kone   Refsvindinge, Svendborg Amt

Jørgen Poulsen   63    Gift   skipper, huusfader      do [Rudkjøbing]
Karen født Hansen   70    Gift   hans kone      Svendborg

Ralph Rasmussen

A step or so closer.  Their oldest daughter, Pouline, was born while they were still 'intending' to marry (Bøstrup 1813-1827, fiche 41, December 1821).

He is then a sailor from Rudkøbing, and she employed at Stadergaard.  Their marriage is on opslag 90, #79, January 5, 1822.  In that record, she is born ca. 1794-95, rather than 1790.

Could she be the Karen baptized February 21, 1796? (Opslag 254 of Refsvindinge 1756-1800)

mvh
-Ralph

Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Hej Ralph,

Thank you so much for your help.  I think you are correct in thinking that the 1796 baptism is the correct Karen as she is the only one with a father Hans during that time period.  Now to look for Jørgen Poulsen.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Paul Londahl-Smidt

I wish that I could read the Danish records.  I found Karen Hansdatter in the Bøstrup afgangliste for 1822, opslag 131 nr 186.  Is there any clue in that record as to where Karen might be from.  Also, in their marriage record of 1822 there is listed as a witness Poul Hansen.  Perhaps Jørgen Poulsen's fatherø

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Ralph Rasmussen

This Karen is the right age, but.......  Her status, moving to another parish on September 30, 1821 doesn't match her daughter's birth at Bøstrup in December or the employer mentioned there.

In the remarks this Karen Hansdatter is 'baptized and confirmed here (in Bøstrup)'.

Is your Karen rather in the tilgangsliste 1813-1821?  As a new wife she wouldn't necessarily be listed in the afgangsliste.

mvh
-Ralph
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Tusind tak Ralph.  I guess I'll put this couple on the back burner and research other areas.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Ralph Rasmussen

Now it seems Karen and Jørgen may have remained in Bøstrup for a while.

The Karen Hansdatter you found in the afgangsliste was married the year before, opslag 89, #76.  She is 'nu givt' (now married) and going to Tullebølle parish.

Maybe someone can find Karen and Jørgen in her father's probate (Hans Petter Hansen, Refsvindinge). 

mvh
-Ralph
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Once again thanks a million Ralph.  I am sure that eventually I will find where they were born.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul