Ingen spørgsmål, bare en tak

Startet af Julia Graham, 22 Jul 2022 - 07:14

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Julia Graham

I just wanted to take a moment to thank all the wonderful Danish translators and historians for your help over the last little while. I worry sometimes that I am asking too many questions on this forum and that people will get tired of seeing my posts pop up every few days!

Both my maternal and paternal second-great-grandparents emigrated from Denmark to New Zealand in the 1870s and until now, very little has been known about them. There is one particular Danish ancestor who appears to have arrived in New Zealand and deliberately changed quite a few details about himself — this is the person I ask the most questions about in the hope that I can somehow match his family's DNA with mine some day.

I often struggle with finding the records I am looking for (or trying understand the records I do find), so I thank you for your patience and kindness (especially when I muddle up the name of parishes and can't figure out the basics of how to use a Danish database)! I learn SO much from this group and love all the extra bits of helpful information people often share with me when I ask one of my many questions.

I just wanted to check if there was anything I could do better with the way I post? Ville det være nemmere, hvis jeg oversætter alt til dansk (jeg ved ikke hvor troværdig Google Translate er, men jeg prøver gerne)! Please let me know and I will certainly try my best. I'm not sure how helpful I will ever be to any of you, but if you think there's ever anything I could help you with from New Zealand, please ask (including sending chocolate your way)!
Venlig hilsen, Julia

New Zealand

Kathrine Tobiasen

Thank you, Julia. It is so nice to hear about all the help you have got.
It is our aim to help family history researchers and we usually do not get tired of solving problems and translating old text.

I think you are doing things as they should be done. It is not necessary to translate as most Danes read and write English. Anyway, lots of the old words we meet would be difficult for Google to translate!

Just go on using our Forum  :)
Med venlig hilsen
Kathrine Tobiasen

Bliv medlem af Danske Slægtsforskere. Det koster kun 290 kr. pr. år.