death recorders?

Startet af tentis moore, 08 Apr 2011 - 05:49

Forrige emne - Næste emne

tentis moore

Hey
My great grandfather Alfred Jordon Anderson move to USA from Denmark about 1895. His brother William came here in USA a later time. Now their  father is Ander Johansen born 9 Dec 1835 and mother is Karen Sofie Jorgersen, born June 27 1839. Now i can't find any deaths recorders of the mother and father.. Do anyone have  any info of the deaths of the mother and father and where they were bured at?

Tentis

tentis moore

Citat fra: tentis moore Dato 08 Apr 2011 - 05:49
Hey
My great grandfather Alfred Jordon Anderson move to USA from Denmark about 1895. His brother William came here in USA a later time. Now their  father is Ander Johansen born 9 Dec 1835 and mother is Karen Sofie Jorgersen, born June 27 1839. Now i can't find any deaths recorders of the mother and father.. Do anyone have any info of the deaths of the mother and father and where they were bured at?

Tentis

Ib Hansen

It would be a lot easier for us if you could telle us a bit more about where the lived, when the children was born etc.

This could be the family in 1880:

Samtlige personer i husstanden

København, København (Staden), Istedgade, Istedgade 11, 70 a og 4 h, 26, FT-1880, D4129
Navn: Alder: Civilstand: Stilling i husstanden: Erhverv: Fødested:
Anders Johansen 44  Gift Husfader Detailhandler Søllerød Sogn, Københavns Amt
Karen Johansen, f. Jørgensen 40  Gift Hans Kone  Hørsholm Sogn, Frederiksborg Amt
Johanne Elisabeth Johansen 16  Ugift Deres Barn  Søllerød Sogn, Københavns Amt
Anna Caroline Johansen 11  Ugift Deres Barn  København
Laura Petra Johansen 9  Ugift Deres Barn  København
Lars Peter Johansen 7  Ugift Deres Barn  København
Alfred Jørgen Johansen 2  Ugift Deres Barn  København

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At least the names og the parents are correct. The couple married in Søllerød parish 16th May 1862.

Alfred Jørgen Johansen must be the same as "your" Alfred Jordon. Why they called them self Andersen instead og Johansen I do not know.

Many regards
Ib

tentis moore

Yes that is the family. William wasnt born yet. Alfred J Andersen was born july 27 1877 and die Apr 5 1943 Southport NC USA. William was born May 9 1883 and die Jan 21 1931 in southport NC USA. So is there anyway you can find deaths on their parents? All i got is when they were born. Don't think they ever left Denmark. Someone told me they might be bured at Sollerod church cemetery but i do not know. Oh, Alfred and William thier last name was change from Andersen to Anderson when they came here in the U.S.

Flemming A. Aasklint

Hi

The family in 1885:

All persons in the household

København, København (Staden), Istedgade (Ulige numre), Kjøbenhavn Udenbys Vester Kvarter, , Istedgade 11,matr.70A4H Forhus Stuen, 1,

FT-1885

Name:                    Age: Marital status:    Occupation in household:    Occupation:    Birth place:

Anders Johansen         48    Gift   Husfader   Detailhandler   Øverød
Karen Sofie Johansen              45    Gift   Husmoder   Usserød,Birkerød Sogn
Anna Johansen                 17    Ugift   Datter   Strikkejomfru   Kjøbenhavn
Alfred Jørgen Andersen      7    Ugift   Søn      Kjøbenhavn
William Chr.Otto Andersen           3    Ugift   Søn      Kjøbenhavn
Lars Peter Andersen             13    Ugift   Søn      Kjøbenhavn
Mvh.
Flemming Aasklint
4500  Nykøbing Sjælland

Homer Ficken

When W. C. O. emigrated, he listed his last residence as Odense, so the family may have moved there from Copenhagen, or maybe only him:

Name:  Andersen, William Chr. Otto Occupation:  Arbejder
Contract no.:  62000 Registration date:  5/31/1899
Birth place:  ? Birth place:  ?
Last res. parish:  Odense Last res. county:  Odense
Last residence:  Odense Destination country:  USA
Destination city:  Wilmington Destination state:  North Carolina
Name of ship:  Hekla
Remarks:  ANM: Hekla IDcode:  D9701A1303

What is your source of William's birthdate?  When he registered for the draft 1918 in Southport, NC he listed birth date as 9 March 1881.
Areas of interest:  Tønder county,  Brede, Daler, and Visby parishes
http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=-skow-

Flemming A. Aasklint

Hi

William is born 9 march 1881
Baptized 8 may 1881 in Skt.Matthæus Church
Mvh.
Flemming Aasklint
4500  Nykøbing Sjælland

tentis moore

This is William Andersen's gravestone. The birth year is wrong, day and month is right. Alfred my great grandfather is bured there too
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSmcid=47090825&GRid=34831442&

I got what i need for Alfred and William. I just wanna know if anyone can find death dates on Ander Johansen and Karen Sofie Jorgersen??

Flemming A. Aasklint

Hi

This is from Skt.Matthæus Parish
1879-1881
Opslag 187

Same date and year as Homer mentioned.

[vedhæfting slettet af admin]
Mvh.
Flemming Aasklint
4500  Nykøbing Sjælland

tentis moore

Dose anyone have info on deaths date of Ander Johansen born 9 Dec 1835 and mother is Karen Sofie Jorgersen, born June 27 1839. from Sollerod Denmark.. if you do have info reply here or you can email me at tentmo@yahoo.com.