Two Entries for Dorthe Christensdatter

Startet af Lynn Christiansen, 05 Mar 2011 - 00:24

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Lynn Christiansen

I have a need for a Danish Transcription of two records that apply to Dorthe Christensdatter. The first is her birth record found in Nors-Tved Sogn Hillerslev Thisted 1735-1761 opslag 22 the first entry for 1745.

My cut at a Danish Transcription is:

Dom: Sept (Septuagesima 14 Feb 1745): døbt (?? Father's name, is the name Jens Frøkiær??) og Maren Chris
=tensdatters barn i ?? kaldet Dorthe. Sucsep:
Anders ??sen , Peder ??, Niels Frøkiær(??), Christen
Frøkiærs (??) hustrue, i Vester Vandet og Bodel Andersdatter.

The second entry is her Marriage entry of 7 Oct 1774, found in 1759-1781 Tved Hillerslev Thisted opslag 52 pg 27A Top full entry

Danish Transcription:

No 4: d 7de Octobris blev Enhemanden Niels Niel
=sen fra Tved Sogn og Dorthe Christensdatter
af Shaarsted ?ite copulerede i Shaarsted Kir
=ken vend Kougt Allarnardigken Broilgining
af 29d July A: C: udrie forngrannde ??
= og ?? af ?? for??
= ware Christen Christensen af Shaar
=sted og ?? Nielsen af Shaarup.

Is the Parish Sogn i.e. spelling correct in the marriage entry for Dorthe? I tried to locate the name Shaarsted via Krabsens Stednavnebase without success.

Also, an English translation would help, especially with the "af Shaarsted ?ite copulerede i Shaarsted Kirken vend Kougt Allarnardigken Broilgining af 29d July A: C: udrie forngrannde ?? og ?? af ?? for?? ware Christen Christensen af Shaarsted og ?? Nielsen af Shaarup." I don't know if the spelling is correct, what the missing words are, nor the A.C. abbreviation meaning, etc.

Thank you....
Research Areas: Thisted, Aarhus, Viborg

Henning Kærbye

Lynn:
The birth entry says:
Dom. Sept: døbt Jens Frökiærs og Maren Christensdatters Barn i Vording kaldet Dorthe. Susscep: Anders Jelesen  Peder Tolbul, Niels Frökiær, Christen Frökiærs Hustrue I Øster (Vester?) Wandet  og Bodel Andersdatter

Please note that Jelesen is normally spelled Jellesen and Tolbul is normally seen as Tolbøl.
Vording today is called Vorring.

I have not found the marriage entry, please recheck page numbers.

Henning Kærbye

Lynn Christiansen

Wow did I mix up the reference.

It should have been the 1774 Marriage #3 for Niel Nielsen to Dorthe Christensdatter found in 1770-1814 Torsted Hiundborg Thisted opslag 52 page 27A record #4

Thank you for the initial feedback....

[vedhæfting slettet af admin]

Poul-Erik Langvad

Hi

No 4: d 7de Octobris blev Enkemanden Niels Niel-
sen fra Tved Sogn og Dorthe Christensdatter
af Thaarsted ?ite copulerede i Thaarsted Kir
=ke med Kongl. Allernaadigsten Bevilgning
af 29de July A: C: uden foregaaende Trolo-
=velse og Lysning af Prædikestoelene. For-
=loverne vare Christen Christensen af Thaar
=sted og Laurids Nielsen af Chaarup.

He wrote Chaarup which must be Skårup today and Thaarsted must be Thorsted.

M.v.h. Poul-Erik

Lynn Christiansen

Citat?ite copulerede i Thaarsted Kir
=ke med Kongl. Allernaadigsten Bevilgning
af 29de July A: C: uden foregaaende Trolo-
=velse og Lysning af Prædikestoelene.

I am interpreting the meaning to be that they were married without the formal process of "a betrothal and then a subsequent marriage ceremony".

What is the significance/translation of this entire quote especially the meaning of the day reference of "29de July"  followed by A.C.?

Poul-Erik Langvad

They had a royal permission to be married. The king had not issued it himself, someone had done it in his name but it was issued 29. juli A.C. (anni currentis = that year). They had paid a fee which was used to help the poor.

M.v.h. Poul-Erik