Niels Christensen Borum 1782-1831

Startet af Linda Sathre, 01 Mar 2011 - 23:32

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Linda Sathre

I'm looking for help in connecting an ancestor, Niels Christensen Borum, to his parents in Borum. He was a soldier in the 2. Jydske Infanteri Regiment about 1811. I have been told that the regiment was in Rendsburg in Slesvig until 1807 and then it moved to Sjælland where it stayed until 1811. I think it was during this time that he married to Ellen Hansdatter in Aagerup. He spent the rest of his life in the Store Grandløse parish in Merløse, Holbæk. His engagement or marriage is entered in the church books in Tøllose on July 15, 1811.

The woman who helped me with this believed that he was from Borum, Framlev, Aarhus. And, we found on the 1787 census a listing for Christen Pedersen and Ane Dorthe Jensdatter who have a son Niels Christensen, age 5. I believe this is "my" Niels but I don't have any proof. In searching the Borum church books, I have not found any entries for Niels Christensen after his birth. I did find marriages and children for some of his brothers. I am hoping that someone might be familiar with this family and help me confirm Niels Christensen's parents. Thank you. Linda Nielsen Sathre

Ruth Steenberg Rasmussen

Hi Linda
The best would be if you could find a probate for Niels Christensen parents.

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library/fhlcatalog/printing/titledetailsprint.asp?titleno=429485
Referes to probate records for Borum.

Regards
Ruth

Linda Sathre

Thank you, Ruth. I have found some probate information online from Borum sogn which has really been helpful in putting together Niels Christensen's family in Borum. Unfortunately, I have yet to find undeniable proof that the son of Christen Pedersen in Borum is the father of Vice-Corporal, Niels Christensen Borum who marries Ellen Hansdatter in Tøllose around 1811. It sure would seem he is the right person...but, who knows? I hope you get my reply...I am just learning my way around Slægt & Data. I am glad I have my Google translator. Sincerely, Linda Sathre

Ruth Steenberg Rasmussen

Hi Linda

Another posible record is Lægdsrullen/conscription register:
1802 - 1919 Hasle-Vester Lisbjerg-Framlev-Sabro Herredsfoged
All boys should be listed, and if so, it is possible to follow him when he moves from parish to parish - but they are not online  :(

Regards
Ruth