Translation please

Startet af Paul Gundesen, 25 Feb 2011 - 07:06

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Paul Gundesen

Hi

Could I please have someone translate the following entries.

Ane Marie was born ----------- 1757

1721-1802 Hostrup, Skast, Ribe opslag 27

Laurids and Ane Marie first child a daughter Ane Else was born 4th--------1784. The listing states Ane is the daughter of Laurids SORENSEN and his wife Anne Marie PEDERSDATTER of Marebek. Present at her baptism were  ----------------- Hans SORENSEN --------- of Billum ------------of Ho  -----Jacob---------of----------Kirsten JENSDATTER of-----------Karen PEDERSDATTER of ------ Hostrup.

1721-1802 Hostrup, Skast, Ribe opslag 50

Their second child a son Jorgen was born 4th----- 1785. The listing states Jorgen is the son of Laurids SORENSEN and his wife Anne Marie PEDRERSDATTER of Marebek. _________ ------------ Henrik JORGENSEN of Marebek. ----------------Thomas HENRIKSEN of Marebek and Kren PEDERSDATTER of Hostrup______________________

1721-1802 Hostrup, Skast, Ribe opslag 51 second page ½ way

What does mande nyder ophold mean is it man who owns the farm as it refers to Hendrick Sorensen aged 70 and Laurids Sorensen aged 28 is listed as bonde og gaardbebo is this peasant farmer working for the owner?

Thank you.
Gundy   

Ruth Steenberg Rasmussen

Birth of Ane Marie 1757:

Dom. 24. Trinit. Peder Taarups Datter i Hostrup Ane Marie
baaren til Daaben af Niels Christensens Hustrue i Tobøl Ane
Olesdatter, Fadderne vare: Lambert Sørensen i Cogspang, Christian
Christophersen, Niels Pedersen Ejstrup begge i Hostrup, Hans Nielsen
....... Karl i Præstegrd., Christen Jensen i Alslef, Kiersten Sørensdatter
af Taarup, Mette Madsdatter i Sielborg og Mette Jensdatter.

24th Sunday after Trinit. Peder Taarups daughter in Hostrup Ane Marie
presented by Niels Christensens wife in Tobøl Ane
Olesdatter. Sponsors: Lambert Sørensen in Cogspang, Christian
Christophersen, Niels Pedersen Ejstrup both in Hostrup, Hans Nielsen
....... Karl in the vicarage, Christen Jensen in Alslef, Kiersten Sørensdatter
of Taarup, Mette Madsdatter in Sielborg and Mette Jensdatter.

Remark: This Ane Marie died 1843.

1784:
Dom 4th post Epiphany. Laurids Sørensen and wife Anne Marie Pers
Datter of Marebek, was named Anne Else. Presented by Hans Sørensens wife of Billum. Testes (sponsors) Anders Pedersen of Hostrup, Jens Sørensen of Fovrfeld, Kirsten Jensdatter of ?, Karen Pedersdatter of Adstrup.

Dom. 18th post Trinit. Laurids Sørensen and wife Anne Marie Persdatter of Marebeks child named Jørgen presented by Anders Pedersens wife of Hostrup. Test: Henrick Jørgensen of Marebek, Hans Pedersen af Kokspang, Thomas Henricksen of Marebek, Karen Pedersdatter of Hostrup and Hans Hansens Daughter of Myrtue.

Regards
Ruth

Ruth Steenberg Rasmussen

Hi Gundy

OBS the records in the churchbooks are dated at the baptism, not the birthday.

Census 1787:
Laurids Sørensen   28    Gift   Mand (man)   Peasant and copyholder   
Ane Marie Pedersdt   29    Gift   Kone (wife)      
Ane   4       Børn af 2d ægteskab   Children of second marriage   
Jørgen   2       Børn af 2d ægteskab   Children of second marriage   
Jens Hansen   11       Tieneste Folk      
Anders Nielsen   18    Ugift   Tieneste Folk      
Hendrich Jørgensen   70    Gift   Mand   Lives on the farm without paying.   
Karen Nielsdatter   62    Gift   Kone      

Ane Marie has been married before - in 1782 (opslag 102) to Jørgen Henricksen of Marebæk. No doubt the son of Hendrich Jørgensen. There have probably been made a contract that the son took over after his father and the parent should stay on the farm being provided with foods and other needs for living.  The son dieds shortly after and Ane Marie marries again 1783 and the new husbond takes over the contract. A very common arrangement by then.

Regards Ruth

Paul Gundesen

Hi Ruth

Thank you very much.

Regards Gundy

Paul Gundesen

Hi Ruth

I have found the rest of the family would you be able to kindly translate the rest for me please

A second son Soren was born 1788 ------------------------------

1721-1802 Hostrup, Skast, Ribe opslag 54 1788 last entry page 1

A third son Peder was born --------- 1790. The listing states Peder is the son of Laurids SORENSEN and his wife Anne Marie PEDRERSDATTER of Marebek. _________-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1721-1802 Hostrup, Skast, Ribe opslag 56 last entry page 1

A second daughter Else Marie was born 1792

1721-1801 Hostrup, Skast, Ribe opslag 60 3rd entry page 1

A third daughter Marie was born 1795

1721-1801 Hostrup, Skast, Ribe opslag 62 2nd page 2nd entry

A fourth son Ander was born 1797

1721-1801 Hostrup, Skast, Ribe opslag 65 1st page last entry???

A fourth daughter Karen was born 1799. The listing states Karen is the daughter of Laurids SORENSEN and his wife Anne Marie PEDERSDATTER of Marebek. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

1721-1801 Hostrup, Skast, Ribe opslag 67 1st page last entry

Regards Gundy

Ruth Steenberg Rasmussen

Hi Paul
Try and read - and write as much as you can. It is quicker for us to fill out than reading and translating it all.

And then I think it will be easier for you to get help if you ask for one at a time as 5-6 records might take hours to read and translate.

But here is two of those you ask for:

Dom Annual Mariæ, Laurids Sørensens and wife Ane Maria of Hostrups child of Marbæk named Peder. Hans Hansens wife of Myrtue presented it.  Test.: Hans Sørensen of Billum, Hans Pedersen of Kokspang, Laurids Pedersens farmhand in Hostrup, Christen Henricksen. The late (Sl=salig) Søren Hansens daughter        of Fovrfeld and Christen Lambertsens daughter of Kokspang named Mette.

Same day (means as the record above = 21. post Trinit.) Laurids Sørensen and Anne Marie Peders Datter of Marrebæk in Hostrup parish the confirmation of the baptism of their privat baptized child called Else Marie. Jep U..s wife of Oxvang presented it. Test: Hans Hansen of Myrthue, Svend Jensen of Kraunse, Hans Lauritsen of Torrup, Niels Henriksen and Gunne Marie Henriks Datter of Marrebæk, Anne Kathrine Jens Datter of Kraunse.

Regards

Ruth

Paul Gundesen

Hi Ruth

Thank you very much. Sorry for being a pain but I found the children in the census which I could read and I worked backwards and found the names which are fairly easy to pick up because they were underlined but I couldn't read that old script. I was hoping that i had found the right entries hence my request for someone to translate.
I have sat on them for about two years and last year I was put in touch with an elder Danish lady here but she was not able to help either with the old script.

So again sorry I got a over bit excited when I found this site with the wonderful help you all give and points taken.

Regards Paul

Ruth Steenberg Rasmussen

Hi Paul
You are not a pain, its only to help you getting quicker answers  ;D.

Here is one more:

Same day (Quinquagesima Sunday) nr. 4

Laurids Sørensen and Anne Marie Peders Datter of Marbæk a child privat baptized called Stine. Presented by Skipper Jens Sørensens wife of Hjerting. Test: Hans Sørensen af Billum, Laust Andersen Driver of Marbæk, Christen Madsens Son Jørgen of Hostrup, Skipper Peder Heboes Daughter Anna Else of Hjerting, Hans Hansens Daughter Maren of Myrthue

Stines confirmation: 1803-1814 – confirmerede, opslag 13 nr. 12
Stine Laustdatter 15 years
Daughter of Laust Sørensen

As you can see, there are no Marie. So I checked the confirmations to be sure.

Regards

Ruth

Ruth Steenberg Rasmussen

..... just checked the original census 1801 - it says Stine, not Marie so is a fault in the transcript.  :-[

Ruth

Paul Gundesen

Hi Ruth

Thanks. It was me who thought it was Marie. Wrong deciphering now that you have corrected it I can now make it out as Stine in the birth record and the census but more so in the birth record.

Again thanks.

Paul

Ruth Steenberg Rasmussen

Hi
One more:

1796 nr. 20, opslag 64 1. page
Second Sunday in Advent Laust Sørensen and wife Anne Marie Peders Datter in Marrebæk a Son born 29th of October, privat baptized 31st of Oct. and called Anders. Presented by Peder Christensens wife of Kraunse. Tests.: Niels Jensen of Tobøll, Hans Hansen of Myrthue, Hans Balther of Raunsberg, Late Hans Pedersens Son Peder of Kokspang, Hans Hansens ...... of Myrthue, Peder Lassens Datter Kirstine Marie of Kraunse.

Regards
Ruth

Paul Gundesen

Hi Ruth.

Thanks again.

I have given one of the ones i asked you about a go.

Soren born
1721-1802 Hostrup Skast Ribe 1788 opslag 54 last one on page 1

Dom____10 trinit Laurids Sorensen and his wife Anna Marie Pedersdatter in Marebaek a son Soren
Presented by          Soren            of Billum?                     Laurids                 of Hostrup          Tobel
                      datter                                    datter of Torrup.

Not much help sorry

Regards Paul

Ruth Steenberg Rasmussen

Hi Paul
And sørens is the hardest one, so it was fine you had a try - it makes it easier to carry on  ;D
His handwriting is terrible.....!

But here is as much as I can read:

Dom 9ene p. Trinit:Lauridz Sørensen og Hustru Anna Marie Pedersdatter af Maræck 1 Barn navnlig Søren. Hans Sørensens Hustru af Billum bar det. Test.: Lauridz  Petzen af Hostrup, ..., ,,,,,, af Tobel, Christian Sørensen af Foverfeld, Niels Hansen af Myrthue, Dorthe Sørensdatter af Foverfeld og Lauridz Jensens Datter af Torrup.

Dom 9th post Trinit: Lauridz Sørensen and wife Anna Marie Pedersdatter of Marbæck 1 child called Søren. Hans Sørensens wife of Billum presented it. Test: Lauridz Petzen og Hostrup, .... ...... of Tobel, Christian Sørensen of Foverfeld, Niels Hansen og Myrthue, Dorthe Sørensdatter of Foverfeld and Lauridz Jensens daughter of Torrup.

Regards
Ruth

Paul Gundesen

Paul Gundesen

Hi Ruth

I have given Karen's birth a go.

1721-1802 Hostrup Skast 1799 opslag 67 entry 6

Eod die Laurids SORENSEN and wife Anna Marie PEDERSDATTER of Marrebaek a datter Karen born 11th February _____________  Kokspang________Laurids______________of Hostrup _____________Mrythue_________Knudsen of________datter Karen of________  Inger Marie of Kraunse.

Also Ruth in the translation you did for Stine there is a Skipper Peder Heboes. Is his first name Skipper or does it denote that he captains a boat as I have not come across it as a christian name in all the records I have looked at and we refer to boat captains as skippers as an alternative name.

Regards Paul

Ruth Steenberg Rasmussen

Hi Paul:

Eod. die Laust Sørensen og Hustru Anne Marie Pedersdatter i Marbæck en Datter Karen født d. 1  Februar baaret af ...... Pedersens Kone i Kokspang blev kaldet Karen. Test: Laust Pedersen i Hostrup, Jens Datter ibidm., Eske Hansen af Myrthue, ........ Knudsen af Tarp, Hans Christensens Datter Karen og Søren Christensens Datter Inger Marie begge af Kraunse.

Eod. die (=eodem die = same day = Maundy Thursday the 21st of March) Laust Sørensen and wife Anne Marie Pedersdatter in Marbæck a datter Karen born 1st  of February presented by ........ Pedersens wife of Kokspang and called Karen. Test: : Laust Pedersen of Hostrup, Jens Datter ibidm. (same place), Eske Hansen of Myrthue, ........ Knudsen of Tarp, Hans Christensens daughter Karen and Søren Christensens daughter Inger Marie both of Kraunse.

Skipper = Captain.

Regards
Ruth

Paul Gundesen

Hi Ruth

Thank you very much.

With your kind help I have now completed all the information on Laurids Sorensen family except for his birth. He was listed as 61 when he died which made his birth around 1757 but I have been unable to find him in the Alsev Hostrup records although everything indicates he was from Marebek so am now looking around the other parishes. Again thanks.

Paul 

Ruth Steenberg Rasmussen

Hi Paul
If you take a look at the sponsors who often are close family and friends/neighbors, I think you should look at Fovrfeld in Guldager sogn:
•   The late Søren Hansens daughter
•   Dorthe Sørensdatter in Fovrfeld (Guldager sogn)
•   Christian Sørensen in Fovrfeld  Guldager sogn)
•   Jens Sørensens wife in Hjerting (Guldager sogn)
and even Hans Sørensen in Billum

To start with Hans Sørensen in Billum – at his first childs baptism in 1779: Ribe, Vester Horne, Billum 1767-1808, opslag 69 his son baptized Søren. Among the sponsors you find: Søren Hansens wife from Guldager sogn and Ellen Sørensdatter from Guldager sogn. (page 132/133)

opslag 110, last on page 213 – Anna Maria, sponsors Christian Sørensen and Dorthea Sørensdatter af Engelfeldt (I think the vicar got it wrong – I cannot find a place called Engelfeldt)

opslag 120, Lauritz Sørensen from Hostrup is sponsor at Dortheas baptism.

Jens Sørensen in Fovrfeld is married to Kirsten Jensdatter in Tobøll (1784) Ribe, Skast, Guldager 1761-1803, opslag 184, last in 1. column.

Census 1787 they live in Fovrfeld:
Jens ......   26    Gift   Mand   Ligeledes [Bonde og ½ GaardsMand]   
Kiersten Jensdatter   28    Gift   Kone      
Johanne Marie Jensdatter   1       Datter      
Ane Marie Jensdatter   61    Enke   Mandens Moder   aftægts Kone   

And then I found the proof: ;D
Ribe, Skast, Guldager 1761-1803, opslag 98

2. post Trinit the 10th of July. No. 10, Girl (P.B.= pigebarn=girl) born 3rd of July, Jens Sørensens and Kiersten Jensdatters child of Fovrfeld baptized Anne Marie. Sponsors were: Sr.-H.Spangsbergs wife from Strandbye, the childs Faster (Faster = fathers sister) Dorthe Sørensdatter of ....... Fovrfeld,  her (the childs) Farbroder (Farbror = fathers brother) Laurs Sørensen from Marrebæk in Hostrup Sogn, her Morbroder (mothers brother) Niels Jensen of Tobøll and Thomas Kielders daughter Anne of Guldager.

Unfortunaterly there are no churchbook in Guldager from 1750 – 1761!

Regards Ruth

Ruth Steenberg Rasmussen

.....and a little more:

Søren Hansen in Fovrfeld: records found:
•   Dorthe, born 1748, baptized 17th of March, Guldager 1721-1750, opslag 80 – Dorthe dies at the age of 9 weeks, opslag 79
      o   Søren Hansens wife is buried 6th of Oct. 1748, 25 years old, opslag 81

Next marriage?
Children:
•   Hans born about 1750/1751
•   Ædel/Edel born about 1754. Married in 1779 to Niels Jensen from Tobøl: Guldager, opslag 180. At the baptism of their child Jens baptism 1781, opslag 83 it says that "Morbrødrene" (mothers brothers) are sponsors – Hans Sørensen from Billum and Jens Sørensen from Fovrfeld.
•   Lauritz/Laurids/Laurs/Laust) born about 1757
•   Jens born about 1760 – confirmation 1777, opslag 60
•   Dorthe born 1763, opslag 7
•   Kierstine born 1766, opslag 12 (noted as dead – died 1769, opslag 24)
•   Christian, born 1768, opslag 19
•   Cathrine Margrethe 1770, opslag 31, noted as dead

Regards Ruth

Paul Gundesen

Hi Ruth

Thank you so very much. I am a very happy person today. That now gives me 10 generations.

I had started looking, but in Billum and was going to work my way around as a result of not linking up the information as you have done. 

Again thank you so much.

Regards Paul

Paul Gundesen

Hi Ruth

Lauritz/laurs/Laurids/Laust and his father Soren Hansen are my direct ancestors. I have gone back over the entry you posted and have tried to find who his mother was to no avail and when he was confirmed. I have looked at the records from
I have found the records confusing they seem to be a mix of births deaths and confirmations all on the same page.

the entry for Soren Hansens wife who died 6th Oct 1748 opslag 81 Guldager Skast Ribe does it name her I cant determine.

Is there anywhere in the other entries  that identifies who Laurid mother is.

I found this entry 1877 opslag 59 Guldager Skast Ribe 1861-1803

________ Laurs Sorensen ____of________ Else Sorensdatter______of Hierling________

what is it please

Also 2nd entry page 1 opslag 54 Guldager Skast Ribe 1861-1803

_______ Soren Hansen_______of Karen Christensdatter_______of Guldager____of _______

Regards Paul

Paul Gundesen

Hi

Just looked at census for Guldager 1787 the Soren Hansen and Karen Christendatter are to young to my Soren Hansen I think?

Paul

Ruth Steenberg Rasmussen

Hi Paul
1. The name of Søren Hansens wife is not mentioned at her death in 1748.

Citat fra: Paul Gundesen Dato 11 Mar 2011 - 03:41

I found this entry 1877 opslag 59 Guldager Skast Ribe 1861-1803

________ Laurs Sorensen ____of________ Else Sorensdatter______of Hierling________

what is it please

Also 2nd entry page 1 opslag 54 Guldager Skast Ribe 1861-1803

_______ Soren Hansen_______of Karen Christensdatter_______of Guldager____of _______

Those records are not related tor your family.

Regards Ruth

Ruth Steenberg Rasmussen

Hi again
I found Søren Hansens death:
1761-1803, opslag 157:

1783, 5th of March was Søren Hansen of Fovrfeld buried, his age was 66 years.

This is the wife of Søren Hansen, mother of at least his last 5 children, but if she was the mother of Hans, Edel and Lauritz we cannot know for sure:

Census 1787, Ribe, Skast, Guldager, Fourfeld:
Jens ...... 26  Gift Mand Ligeledes [Bonde og ½ GaardsMand] 
Kiersten Jensdatter 28  Gift Kone   
Johanne Marie Jensdatter 1   Datter   
Ane Marie Jensdatter 61  Enke Mandens Moder aftægts Kone

The record tells that the surname of the husbond is not readable, but when you check the family records in the churchbook it is without any doubt, Søren Hansens son Jens. - and the only Jens Sørensen in Fovrfeld by that time.

The age of his mother Ane Marie Jensdatter does not quite fit the age given at her death, but thats not unusual. - So if Søren Hansen only married twice, Ane Marie Jensdatter is the mother of Lauritz.

Regards
Ruth

Paul Gundesen

Hi Ruth

Thank you so very much. You have been wonderful.

Soren is as far back as I can go now as the records only go to 1721 and I make his birth around 1717.

I can now work forward and flesh out the info I have for the 10 generations to my grandson.

Again thank you.

Regards Paul.

Paul Gundesen

Hi Ruth

Sorry to bother you again but having gone through what you sent me and writing up my notes a couple of questions come to mind. You say Ane Marie Jensdatter age doesn't match up with her death record. Could you please let me know where you found her death as I looked and couldn't find it. I looked at the deaths up to 1803.

Also I looked for Laurids confirmation and I couldn't find it either.  We put his birth at approx 1757 so i looked either side as far as i could.

Regards Paul

Ruth Steenberg Rasmussen

Hi Paul
1761-1803, opslag 162, 2. column, 2. record:
8th post Trinit. Søren Hansens Enke (widow) of Fourf.
buriet, who was 57 years old.

Regards
Ruth

Paul Gundesen

Hi ruth

Thank you very much

Regards Paul