Surname for Maren (Broemand ?) Sønder Tranders 1754-1815 (Ny udgave) Opslag #33

Startet af Roger Nelson, 02 Feb 2015 - 01:24

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Roger Nelson

Sønder Trders sogn, Aalborg, 1754-1818 (Ny udgave) Need help with surname for Maren 80 yrs. - Opslag #33, 1773, Burial 2 May 1773.  Is it Broenmand or Broemand? 
Would she have been identified with her deceased husband's name (Matz Andersen Broenmand)
Thanks, Rog Nelson.

Ralph Rasmussen

I read quite litterally 'Boelesmands'.  On that image's two pages, women seem to keep their names, with the often deceased husband named as well. 

That at least opens the possibility that she never married, and is not the wife you are looking for.  On the other hand, otherwise quite legible entries can be misspelled.  Do you have a marriage for Matz Andersen? 

If you don't, the names of Matz's grandchildren may give an indication of his wife's name. 

Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Roger Nelson

Ralph:  I found Mads Andersen Broenmand (also Matz, Madtz & Brenmand, Bromand or Broemand) of Gug married on 5 Mar 1713 Maren Nielsdatter of Gug - b. 1689, Sønder Trders sogn, Aalborg.
[Note: I posted a previous question asking the meaning of Bromand - 31 Dec 2013].

Found Maren also identified as Maren "Gied" on 2 of their 8 children's birth records. 

Mads was listed as "Mads Brenmand" of Gug on his death record Jun 1746, burial 19 June 1746.
I have been searching for Maren Nielsdatter's death for some time now without any luck and thought that the Maren "Boelesmands" d. 1773 might possibly be the correct Maren.  Thanks, Rog Nelson

Ralph Rasmussen

You do have enough data to confirm whether this is the right Maren after all, if you can find her probate.  Each parish can be a different patchwork of probate jurisdictions.

Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø