Why can I find an entry in AO but not in DDD?

Startet af Lynn Christiansen, 22 Feb 2011 - 22:05

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Lynn Christiansen

From the AO image of the 1860 Census for Thisted;

1860, Købstad, Thisted amt, Thisted, opslag 72  - on the right side

I have the following data:

Anders Chr. Mikelsen, 31 years, married, sailor
Ellen Pedersdatter, 31 years, married, his wife
Mette Marie Mikelsen, 7
Lars Mikelsen, 3
Petrine Mikelsen, 1

These are my 2nd Great grandparents, Anders and Ellen, and my 1st Great Grandmother Mette Marie.

However, when I do a search in DDD I do not find the family. Am I doing something wrong?

I have searched on all the names using the wild card expression (%) etc. but I do not seem to be able to find them on DDD for the 1860 Thisted Census, although I have located other members of my family there.

Any wisdom as to why not???
Research Areas: Thisted, Aarhus, Viborg

Svend Aage Mikkelsen

Hi

I do not think you make anything wrong. The census from 1860 is not on DDA.

Svend Aage
Svend Aage

Lynn Christiansen

Svend---You state ."
CitatI do not think you make anything wrong. The census from 1860 is not on DDA.

Is there a difference between DDD and DDA?  ??? ???

When I say DDD I am meaning the Dansk Demografisk Database at http://ddd.dda.dk/ddd_en.htm.

You say the 1860 Census is not on DDA. Here is a sample result from a search I did using el% pe% as my search criteria (1860 Thisted) at DDD. There are 655 findings. To help narrow the search I used her approximate age of 30 for the 1860 Census in my searches. I tried the ranges of 20-29 (109 results) and 30-39 (88 results) to cover any age differences.  I selected the first finding from the 30-39 age range as this example only.

Thisted, Morsø Sønder, Karby, Torp by, , Et huus, 70, FT-1860
Name:    Age:    Marital status:    Occupation in household:    Occupation:    Birth place:
Peder Ulriksen   76    Gift   Almisselem      Her i sognet
Ane Pedersdatter   73    Gift   Hans kone      Her i sognet
Ane Elisabeth Pedersdatter   36    Ugift   Deres datter, ernærer sig ved haandarbeide      Her i sognet

I do not find Ellen Pedersdatter in the entire group of the DDD results for 1860 Thisted but I do find her family in AO on the opslag at the location given before in this thread.

I am wondering why I find it in AO and not DDD as I thought DDD was based on the same documents as AO.

It also makes me wonder if all of the information available has been indexed for searching--??. I find her in the Censuses for 1834 DDD, 1840 DDD, 1845 DDD, and 1860 AO but not 1860 DDD. I do not find her in the 1850 Thisted Census so I am wondering if I need to review the AO images in search of her??.

Another reason is that I have several other individuals that I cannot find in searching the DDD Census databases. I would have expected to have found them.

Does this mean then that if one does not find an individual using the search-able databases, that one should THEN spend the time to look at the AO images??

Clarification/input would be greatly appreciated...Thank you everyone....

Niels Bjøreng

Thisted købstad, Thisted 1860 is not yet on ddd.dda
So there is only one possibility: Go to the original source, as in the old days.

Keep in mind that the information you get on ddd.dda is one person's interpretation, not God's words from above.

Venlig hilsen

Niels Bjøreng

Homer Ficken

Lynn, the DDD transcription of censuses is a work in progress, and you should first click on the "What's in the Data Base" link to see if the parish of your interest has been copied yet.
Areas of interest:  Tønder county,  Brede, Daler, and Visby parishes
http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=-skow-

Helmer Christiansen

On this map you can see what parishes are transcribed in the 1860 census in Thisted county:

(From http://www.dis-danmark.dk/kipkort/fronta-e.php)
Helmer Christiansen
2000 F

Leif Sommerdal

Citat fra: Lynn Christiansen Dato 23 Feb 2011 - 01:35
Is there a difference between DDD and DDA?  ??? ???

When I say DDD I am meaning the Dansk Demografisk Database at http://ddd.dda.dk/ddd_en.htm.

You say the 1860 Census is not on DDA. Here is a sample result from a search I did using el% pe% as my search criteria (1860 Thisted) at DDD. ion/input would be greatly appreciated...Thank you everyone....

DDD (Dansk Demografisk Database) recides on DDA (Dansk Data Arkiv) and both names are used for the same source.

These are the current entries for Thisted Købstad i DDD/DDA:

Amt: Herred: Sogn: FT år: Kip nr: Ny?:
Thisted Hundborg Thisted Købstad 1787 B1185 
Thisted Hundborg Thisted Købstad 1801 B9218 
Thisted Hundborg Thisted Købstad 1834 C6229 
Thisted Hundborg Thisted Købstad 1840 C7122 
Thisted Hundborg Thisted Købstad 1845 B7932 
Thisted Hundborg Thisted Købstad 1850 D3183 
Thisted Hundborg Thisted Købstad 1880 C5178
Med venlig hilsen
Leif Sommerdal(2650)

Lynn Christiansen

Aah hha---the light bulb turns on.... ;D  ;D  ;D

While the Thisted 1860 Census is there...it does not contain ALL of the Herreds within the AMT and by checking the http://www.dis-danmark.dk/kipkort/fronta-e.php) website for the specific Census year and the respective Amt one can see what has been completed-----

Thank you for giving me that proper perspective on the transcribing activity and how I might check for myself