Wilhelm Emil Nielsen

Startet af Michael Mortensen, 16 Feb 2011 - 18:05

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Michael Mortensen

I would like to know where I can find more information about Wilhelm Emil Nielsen, b. Lifeguard Barrack, Copenhagen 2-12-1899 and married to Vera Alfi Jensen at Holmen parish 30-4-1924. According to a Wikipedia entry, W. Nielsen was member of the Danish National Soccer (football) Team which won the Masters Cup in 1925 in a game against Finland played at Aarhus Stadium. It says that he died 5-1-1986 in Frederiksburg. As the last Census that is available on-line for Copenhagen is 1925, where might I look to see if he had any children. The record of his marriage says he was an engineerassistent at the Lifeguard Barrack. Would he have been a soldier? Or was he a civilian working for the Army? Is it possible that considering his soccer (football) accomplishments there was an obituary printed in any newspaper at the time of his death?
Tak
Michael Mortensen
Gilford (New Hampshire) USA

Jette E. Toftegaard Pedersen

At this link http://www.sportenshalloffame.dk/Default.aspx?ID=28 it says that the tennis player Kurt Nielsen's father was Wilhelm Nielsen who played one match for the Danish National Football team. That may be the one you are looking for. Kurt Nielsen's son and grandson has been on the Danish Davis Cup Team as well.
Med venlig hilsen

Jette (medlem 7167)
6000 Kolding

Kurt Nielsen born 19. November 1930 in Frederiksberg Parish (Frederiksberg 1925-1934 opslag 249. Baptised in Lutherkirken January 4th 1931. Parents Wilhelm Emil Jensen and Vera Alfi Jensen.
His cobfirmation is in Hellerup Parish (Hellerup 1933-1946 opslag 146).

Here is a link in English about him: http://www.cphpost.dk/culture/denmark-through-the-looking-glass/171-denmark-through-the-looking-glass/46297-return-of-the-great-dane-of-the-tennis-world.html
Med venlig hilsen

Jette (medlem 7167)
6000 Kolding

The family lived on Gammel Kalkbrænderivej 18 at the 1925 census - no children (entry nr 143 in GammelKalkbrænderivej,lige numre).

Another son is Jørgen Nielsen born in Frederiksberg parish June 14th 1926.
Med venlig hilsen

Jette (medlem 7167)
6000 Kolding