Birthe Cathrine Smidt

Startet af Paul Londahl-Smidt, 15 Feb 2011 - 14:34

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Paul Londahl-Smidt

In the marriage of Carl August Müller and Birthe Cathrine Smidt in Trinitatis, Sokkelund, København on 8 Feb 1834, opslag 509 nr 21, the names are clearly stated.  She is 22 and thus born about 1811-1812.  In the 1845 and 1850 censuses for Roskilde city, her place of birth is listed as Gentofte, København.  I have looked at the Gentofte kirkebog for that period and only find 1 Birthe Cathrine who was born in 1811, opslag 411 nr 16.  Her parents are listed as Jacob Pedersen and Caroline Jensdatter.  My question is this person the same as Birthe Cathrine Smidt?

Thanks for your help.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Tenna Weber Olsson

Hello Paul
I don't think it's the same girl - I think her familyname would be Pedersen and not Smith. Unless you can find some children with the same parents, that are given the name Smith - could be an old family-name they suddenly wanted...

but at #509 it sais Aabenraa (Åbenrå in South Jutland) after her name, so I would think she was born there. After Carls name it sais Roskilde.

mvh
Tenna

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Hej Tenna,

Thanks for the information on Aabenraa.  Now to try to locate her in that area.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Frank Green

Hi Paul

Don't use your energy to search in Aabenraa.

Aabenraa are the name of the street in Copenhagen.That means she was living at Aabenraa 220 in 1834.

But have your find the death record to Birthe Cathrine?
She is still living 1880.

Samtlige personer i husstanden

roskilde, Sømme, Roskilde Købstad, Roskilde Kjøbstad, Skomagergade 32-33, forhus 1 sal a, 1, FT-1880, B0521
Navn: Alder: Civilstand: Stilling i husstanden: Erhverv: Fødested:
Bertha Cathrine Müller 68  Enke(mand) har kostgjængere, husmoder  Kjøbenhavn
Augusta Cathrine Müller 28  Ugift hendes datter  Roskilde

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Med Venlig Hilsen
Frank

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Hej Frank,

I have not found her death yet, but will look tonight.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Paul Londahl-Smidt

I have found the death of Birthe Caroline Müller født Smith on 21 Mar 1880 in the Roskilde domkirke, opslag 275 nr 21.  It states that she was 68 3/4 years old whch matches up with the Birthe Caroline Jacobsdatter in the Gentofte birth record.  She was born Jul 1811.  I suspect that she is the correct one, but why the last name was changed to Smidt.  The joys of genealogy.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Frank Green

Hi Paul

I think it is the right Birthe Cathrine...

Maybe her parents died and she was brought up by a Schmidt/Smidt
Or her father died,and her mother get married to a Smith....

I think Mr.Smidt will find the link...  ;)

Venlig Hilsen
Frank

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Hi Frank,

I have found the confirmation of Birthe Cathrine Pedersen, father Jacob Pedersen, in Trinitatis 1814-1839, opslag 186 nr 63.  The date of birth matches the one born in Gentofte.  So in April 1826, she is living in the parish where Birthe Cathrine Smidt  gets married in 1834.  I agree with you that Birthe Cathrine Jacobsdatter, Birthe Cathrine Pedersen, and Birthe Cathrine Smidt are the same person.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul