Which Skifte should I search for Jyllinge?

Startet af Peter Jones, 25 Jul 2014 - 15:10

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Peter Jones

I am trying to make some connections in Jyllinge in the 1700's.
Which set of estate records (SKifte) should I best look at - eg location? byfoged, heredsfoged, etc

Thanks,
Peter Jones

Otto Kjærgaard

Have you been looking in the church books.
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1942-33470-8-90?cc=2078555&wc=M5VN-BZ4:357517901,357517902,357712601,357702902

Which informations do you have about of your ancestors in Jyllinge.
Jyllinge and Gundsømagle are to neigbour parishes. For many years they shared the priest, therefore you might also to look at the records from Gundsømagle Parish.

Most of the land was owned by Roskilde Kloster (Monastry) The land were sold to local farmers around 1800. So you might find information in the records of Roskilde Kloster.

Another possibility is to contact the local historical archive for Roskilde, theu also covers Gundsømagle or Jyllinge today. https://www.roskildebib.dk/web/arena/gundsoeegnens-lokalhistoriske-arkiv

Peter Jones

Thank you Otto for your help and information.  Yes, I have been using the family search site as well as the Oeders 1771 index etc.

This is the information I have:
Zidsel Johannesdatter christened 14 Jul 1765 in Jyllinge, daughter of Johannes Pedersen  opslag 71 (All the following refers to Jyllinge).
She died 18 Jul 1832, wife of Friderik Josephsen (her 2nd husband) FS image 55
She married  (1) Søren Olsen 25 Oct 1789 opslag 108
                   (2) Friderik Josephsen 12 April 1812 FS image 110
JOHANNES PEDERSEN:
FS image 113, 1754 - 2 consecutive marriage records
(1) 1 Dec 1754 to Birgitte Christoffersdatter, widow of Christen Olesen.  She died in 1771 (2 Pent) aged 74, the wife of Johannes Pedersen, who therefore must still be alive.
(2) 13 Dec 1754 to Bodel Jørgensdatter.  He was a widower.  There is a Bodil Jørgensdatter died 1772, no age given, but said to be the daughter of Jørgen Larsen.  Johannes Pedersen is not mentioned.

BUT, just a few weeks earlier than these 2 marriages there was a DEATH of another wife, Kirsten Nielsdatter - died 21 Nov 1754, no age given, but her husband's name is given as Johannes Pedersen.  I cannot find a marriage in Jyllinge.

OEDERS 1771 records just one Johannes Pedersen - alive, aged 60, married twice, second wife alive aged 44.
This age matches the Johannes Pedersen who died 18 June 1778, aged 67 years.
Another JP died 1770 aged 46 (before Oeders 1771)   (opslag 75)

I think there are 2 Johannes Pedersens in Jyllinge, neither of whom I can find  births/ christenings in Jyllinge.  There could be more than 2.
I think I am descended from Bodil (naming pattern) - meaning that Bodil is the mother of Zidsel Johannesdatter in 1865.  Birgitte Christoffersdatte is too old. 
But which Johannes Pedersen is mine?  The older or the younger of the 2 I know about?  And which was the husband of Kirsten Nielsdatter?

This is what I need to untangle, and why I would like to find some other records eg estate record at the time of Bodil Jørgensdatter's death, although I'm not sure I have the correct death.

Sorry for the long explanation, but you did ask what information I had  :D :D

Regards,
Peter Jones

Otto Kjærgaard

I found 1 information from 1791 lægdsrulle (military record, that might be useful)
Zidsel Johannesdatters brother Christen who was a dragon in the 1787 census.

This confirms that their father was Johannes Pedersen and that Christen and probably Zidsel was born in Jylllinge.

If you look for the birth of Christen Johannesen around 1757 you might get more informations about their parents.
I attach a copy of lægdsrullen. I cant read the words in the last column, it might give some information about Christen.

[vedhæfting slettet af admin]

Otto Kjærgaard

copy of lægdsrulle 1791 jyllinge

Otto Kjærgaard

You can actually follow sidzels brother Christian him in lægsdrullen until 1799, I dont understand all, what they write about him there. Perhaps someone undersand the meaning.

Attached lægdsrulle Jyllinge 1799