Need help reading Vejstrup, Vejle 1709 birth record

Startet af Kelli Wiuff, 08 Feb 2011 - 17:59

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Kelli Wiuff

I believe that I have found the birth record for Anneken Jørgensdatter, but I am having trouble reading the entry.  It is near the bottom of the page on opslag 38, Vejstrup, Vejle 1690 - 1751.  It is the entry dated 6 May (but I can't tell if it should be the 16 May). 

I would appreciate a transcription and translation if possible.

Thanks,
Kelli Wiuff

Nanna Mercer

Hi Kelli,

Have you had any luck with your query?

If not, I may be able to help you. I just joined DIS so am uncertain of the protocol. Please let me know.

A translation is the only possibility. I don't do transcriptions ;-)

Kind regards,

Nanna

Jytte Frank Dekov

Hi Kelli.

I agree it is really difficult to read this page, she is born the 16 May. You have another opportunity to see this, on churchbook Vejstrup, Vejle 1690-1738 opslag 18 she is mentioned as nr. 3 from the bottom. In this churchbook it is more clear to read. But no Witness/Faddere are mentioned here.
This Anniken is also one of mine !!

Will write you soon, Love Jytte
m.v. h.  Jytte - 2770
http://frank-dekov.dk

Ralph Rasmussen

With a grain of salt, first a transcription:

Den 16 Maij bleff Jørgen Pedersens Datter Christnet Annakan
b[arne] fadere var Peder Simmensen, Niels pederss, Zidsel Ebbesd?
og Kirsten Jeps .....

May 16 Jørgen Pedersen's daughter Annakan was baptized.
Sponsors were P. S., N. Pedersen, Zidsel Ebbesdatter
and Kirsten Jeppes (daughter or wife)

Names and spellings subject to correction by someone more familiar with this parish in this era.

mvh
-Ralph

Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Kelli Wiuff

To Nanna,

Welcome!

The only protocol that I am aware of is: help if you can and ask for help when you need it.  Providing as much information as possible, in answers or requests.

The threads at the top of the forum index have more information about this forum if it is needed.

Kelli Wiuff 

Kelli Wiuff

To Jytte,

Good to hear from you. Yes, I saw Anneken on your site. Another person within our line, who I meet on Ancestery.com claims that the father's name was Jørgen Andersen.  When I looked at the entry I could not tell.  Thank you for providing the other source of name, it is more clear.

Love,
Kelli

Kelli Wiuff

To Ralph,

Many thanks for the transcription and translation.

Kelli Wiuff

Ralph Rasmussen

Two notes on the transcription:

In the second line of these entries, either hendes or hans, not 'barnets'.

I still have trouble seeing the K as lower case, k.  I have looked through several pages and not encountered Anna+...  Is the name known from a marriage or as a baptismal sponsor?

mvh
-Ralph
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Jytte Frank Dekov

Hi Kelli.

The name of Anneken Jørgensdatters parents are: Jørgen Pedersen and Kirsten Andersdatter, and I am quite sure of this. You could tell by the names she had given her children: Wolborg, Jørgen, Anders, Kirsten and Thonnes.

You find her death in this Churchbook:
Vejstrup, Nørre Tyrstrup, Vejle 1738-63 opslag 24 p. 72 the right column
Defunati: 11 Nov. Annicken Sørens. Jørgen Pedersen og Kirsten Jørgens Dater æt: 42

æt = age

Love Jytte
m.v. h.  Jytte - 2770
http://frank-dekov.dk