Help reading census

Startet af george capton, 05 Feb 2011 - 08:11

Forrige emne - Næste emne

george capton

Hi  I would like help with information on Lendum 1840 Census page 10 line 79. I am trying to find birth for Dorthe Jensdatter where was she born? Also what does it say about Mads Peter?
I know he is the father of Jensine Madsen and that he marries Anne Marie Dec 20 of 1850. On DDD census it says hjemmepermiteret-Dagleier but I cannot find a tranlation for that .
Thanks George

Helmer Christiansen

The 1845 census has information on birth place. Dorthe Jensdatter is born heri sognet (in this parish).
Helmer Christiansen
2000 F

george capton

Hi Helmer  I could not find a birth for Dorthe about 1802 in Lendum, but I found a confirmation for her 1814-1862 Lendum, Horns, Hjorring page 113 1817 Line 5 Dorthe Jensdatter Birth 1802 Oct 5??? father Jens M-------? I am also looking at records same parish 1777-1805 pages 89-93 are these marriage  records?  Thank you again George

Gitte Hovedskov

Hi George
In answer to your first question:
The census from 1840, entry 79 does not mention Mads Peter.
The text for that entry is:

Grydsberg, et Huus
Peder Jensen, 38, gift, Huusmand og Smed
Dorthe Jensdatter, 38, gift, hans Kone
Anne Marie Pedersdatter, 19
Jens Christian Pedersen, 12
Thomas Christian Pedersen, 9, ugifte, deres Børn
Axel Pedersen, 7
Maren Pedersd., 4
Helene Pedersen, 1

By chance, I came across this reference: http://torslev.dk/Wulff/Personer/per07673.htm

I mentioned this website to you in another entry. Seems that this family may have more of the information that you seek.

Kind regards
Gitte

george capton

Thank you again Gitte I appreciate your help. George