Maren Jensdatter 2nd Marriage

Startet af Lynn Christiansen, 03 Feb 2011 - 17:37

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Lynn Christiansen

I am trying to determine the sequence of events that took place with my 4th GGrandmother.

I have her marriage info to my 4th GGrandfather. That is found at AO 1758 Marriage 1715-1786 Hundborg-Jannerup Hundborg Thisted img 252 pg 125 1758-#2

I have found that she married again and I have located a Marriage entry in AO 1763 Marriage Jannerup Hundborg Thisted 1715-1786 img 435 pg 249-1763-#1 (see attached cropped section)

I want to determine what happened to Ole Christensen (my 4th GGrandfather) In this second marriage entry it speaks of Peder Nielsen  and Ole Christensen XXXX Maren Jensdatter, etc.

Hence I really would like to know what the reference is that is made to Ole Christensen's Maren.

Would someone take a look at the opslag and provide me with a complete Danish transcription and English translation. I have provided all that I am comfortable with .

My Danish Transcription:

Anno 1763

Num 1—d: 16dn Octobr blev Peder Nielsen Hlövborg (is this a Name or Place?) og Ole Christensens (unknown word) Maren Jensdatter in Jannerup trolovende og copulered af 17dn Nov in Jannerup kirke. Forloverene: Christen Pedersen in Brogaard in Sidring Sogn (spelling) og (Name) in Jannerup

English Translation:

No 1- On the 16th of October Peder Nielsen Hlövborg and Ole Christensens (unknown word) Maren Jensdatter were engaged and married on the 17th of November in the Jannerup Church. Witnesses were: Christen Pedersen from Brogaard in Sidring Sogn (spelling) and (Name) from Jannerup.

I have highlighted the specific words or names that have me stumped.

Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you...

[vedhæfting slettet af admin]
Research Areas: Thisted, Aarhus, Viborg

Mette Lund

Hi Lynn

your 4th GGrandfather died in 1763 and was buried on July 8 at the age of 45 years, 4 months and 7 days.
His dead is here: 1715-1786 Hundborg-Jannerup Hundborg Thisted img 408, 1763, #3.

In the 2nd marriage of Maren (which is on Img 454 - not on 435) states that Maren
is a widow (Ole Christensens Enke = The widow of Ole Christensen).

Regards,
Mette

Ole Westermann

Lynn,

Agree with Mette, but mean that Ole Christensens age at his burial was 49 years, 4 months and 7 days.

This marriage is at opslag 454 and I read
Anno 1763
Num 1 d:18 Octobr blev Peder Nielsen Klövborg* og Ole Christensens Enke Maren Jensdatter in Jannerup trolovede og copulered af 17de Nov in Jannerup kirke. Forlovere: Christen Pedersen in Brogaard in Sidring Sogn**  og Povel Mouritzen i Jannerup
* Kløvborg is used as a surname in this area and a little north back from 16-1700 and probably relates to location/farm existing at that time. It does not exist today.
** a parish with this name (Sidring) is not existing. Brogaard is a name of a farm, but there are many farms this name (Bro=Bridge)

English Translation:

No 1- On the 18th of October Peder Nielsen Klövborg and Ole Christensens widow Maren Jensdatter were engaged and married on the 17th of November in the Jannerup Church. Witnesses were: Christen Pedersen from Brogaard in Sidring Sogn  and Povel Mouritzen from Jannerup.

Ole

Lynn Christiansen

Thank you both very much that cleared up several issues.

It also brought up another issue but that is a different thread.

Again thank you :) :) :)
Research Areas: Thisted, Aarhus, Viborg

Ralph Rasmussen

The advantage of looking at the whole page:  Read Sjørring sogn.  The historic maps may show its location.  In any case, if Christian Pedersen is of interest you, you know where to look for him.

mvh
-Ralph
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø