A relative moved to the States but where did he go?

Startet af Iver & Inga Hansen, 03 Feb 2011 - 16:44

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Iver & Inga Hansen

Hi everybody.

I'm looking for a relative who moved to the states in 1884. (Below)

Name:  Pedersen, Niels Peter Occupation:  Tyende (m/k land)
Contract no.:  70400 Registration date:  3/26/1884
Last res. parish:  Nysted (Lolland) Last res. county:  Maribo
Last residence:  Nysted, Maribo Destination country:  USA
Destination city:  Waupaca Destination state:  Wisconsin
Name of ship:  Indirekte
IDcode:  I8284P4705

He was born in the rural parish of Nysted called Vanthore the 8th of May 1869. His parents were Mads Pedersen and Maren Olsen (as for the rest of his siblings). Some of his siblings also moved to the states and I will briefly mention their names and to where they settled:

Maren Pedersen (Olson): (born May 1867, immigrated: 1884 (Together with the person mentioned above). Settled in Watonwan, Minnesota.

Hans Jørgen Pedersen: (born May 1869, immigrated: 1887. Settled various places: North Dakota, Minnesota.

Lauritz Christian Pedersen: (born Oct. 1871, immigrated: 1887. Settled in North Dakota.

Cecilie P. Pedersen: (born June 1873, immigraed: 1889. Settled in Minnesota.

I do have most of the information available for the above but not for Niels Peter Pedersen who I just recently found that he immigrated too. I have tried searching for him but have not succeeded yet.

I hope someone will help me solving this "mystery".

Iver Hansen
Jeg har valgt at sende indlægget på engelsk for at øge chancerne for hjælp. Jeg håber mit engelsk er til at forstå. Det er mange år siden.

Ralph Rasmussen

Jeg har rodet lidt i Family Search 'advanced', under census and lists. Et muligt emne er smeden 'Nels' Pedersen/Petersen i Racine, Wisconsin i 1900 census, hvor fødselsmåned og omtrentligt immigrationsår (her 1887) er taget med.  Men der kommer jo flere muligheder i resultaterne.

I.e. Family Search is a key to the 1900 census, a place to start.

mvh
-Ralph
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø