Else Kirstine Hansdatter born 1755

Startet af Linda Michelle Thérèsa de Bodt Rosenland, 04 Feb 2014 - 04:59

Forrige emne - Næste emne
I have located the birth record for Else Kirstine Hansdatter but I just want to be sure I have the father's name correctly because it doesn't look like 'Hans'.

Bodilsker, Bornholm Sonder, Bornholm, Denmark parish records
1688-1779
Opslag 231
3rd from top

It looks like she was born 14 past Trinity (31 Aug 1755) but the father's name is odd but it looks like his last name is Mortensen.  Is the first name Hans?  Given Patronymics I would have expected her father to be named Hans.

Is anyone able to translate the record for me?

Ralph Rasmussen

I read Moens Mortensen.

Do you have her confirmation or other suggestion of her age or parents?  Aside from the vagaries of census taking, note that in 1787, it was to be the year entered into rather than years completed.
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Citat fra: Ralph Rasmussen [3835] Dato 04 Feb 2014 - 14:42
I read Moens Mortensen.

Do you have her confirmation or other suggestion of her age or parents?  Aside from the vagaries of census taking, note that in 1787, it was to be the year entered into rather than years completed.

The only clue I have is that she said she is born in Bodilsker and in looking at my source documents I am not even sure where I got this birth location from now.  More than likely a Census record.  So, when I went to the parish records for Bodilsker the only Else Kirstine (Hansdatter) that I found, who was born around 1755 which is the year I am searching for, was the Else Kirstine noted in my original post.

I agree that the first name of the father looks like it begins with an "M" so I will likely have to just tuck this away and see if I can locate further factual information on Else Kirstine to determine where she was born.  It seems odd that an Else Kirstine Hansdatter would have a father by a name other than Hans given patronymics.