Help readind Birth Record

Startet af Kathy Christensen, 28 Jan 2011 - 21:11

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Kathy Christensen

Need help reading church record of Hans Henrick Christensen, date born 17 April, 1863. Tingsted-sohn , Falster Norre-Herrud , Marribo-Amt years 1854-1891.  on opslag 34  the last entry #6 on the page. I think the age of one of the parents is 34. It would be very much appreciated.

Kathy Christensen

Anni Larsen

Hi Kathy.

I read:
Born 17. april 1863. Hans Hendrik Christensen. Bapt. in the church 7. june.
Parents: Weaver? Christen Hendriksen in Kraghauge and wife Johanne Christiansdtr*, 34 years old.
Sponsors: Weaver Jens Henriksens wife, Kraghauge. ?girl Stine Christiansdtr, Kraghauge.
Bachelor Rasmus Jørgensen, Nykøbing. Bachelor Lars Jørgensen, Vestenborg?.

* Christiansdtr, dtr = datter (daughter). The mother Johanne is 34 years old.

You will find his confirmation 8. april 1877, Tingsted, Falster Nørre, Maribo, 1858-1891, opslag 24 no 6.

Kind regards
Anni Larsen

Kathy Christensen

Hi Anni,
Is Weaver the fathers occupation?  What or where is Kraghauge?  Is it in Tingsted? We was told he was born in Tingsted.  Thank-you for the confirmation information also. Hans Henrick is my husbands grandfather who immigrated to the USA about 1884 but we had no names for his
parents.

Many kind regards

Kathy Christensen

Anni Larsen

Hi Kathy.

Yes, weaver is the fathers occupation. See census 1880.

Kraghauge or Kraghave is a local place/village in Tingsted parish. Use http://www.krabsen.dk , click sogn, type Tingsted, click søg (search), now you will find Kraghave and other local places in Tingsted parish.

From http://www.ddd.dda.dk
Maribo, Falsters Nørre, Tingsted, Tingsted parish, Kraghave, 1 house, nr. 14 FT-1880, C5459

Name: Age: Married state: Occupation in household:  Birth-place:
Christen Henriksen, 52, married, housefather and weaver, Here in parish (=Tingsted)
Johanne Christiansen, 49, married, his wife, here in parish
Christian Christensen, 20, unmarried, their children, here in parish
Else Christensen, 14, unmarried, their children, here in parish
Karen Marie Christensen, 8, unmarried, their children, here in parish

Kind regards
Anni

Kathy Christensen

Hi Anni,

Thank-You for finding the 1880 census.  I see they had another child since
the 1870 census.  Hans Henrick is not listed in the 1880 census and he would be about 16 years old.  Maybe he was working on a local farm and living there.  We have a story that he atttend sheep and knitted his own socks while he was watching over them.  I appreciate the explanations on what Kraghave is.  I am very happy to get this information.

Thank-You so very much
Kathy Christensen

Anni Larsen

Hi.
If Hans Hendrik was working on a local farm in Tingsted parish in 1880, he would be registered under the address where he was working. I suppose he has left Tingsted parish before 1880.

In census 1880 is mentioned Else Christensen, 14 years old. The name is wrong, should be Ellen Christensen. She is born 21. dec 1865, Tingsted 1854-1891, opslag 185 no 8.

Ref. Karen Marie Christensen. The first Karen Marie was born 19. dec 1866, Tingsted 1854-1891, opslag 188 no 28. She died 29. may 1868, 1858-1891, opslag 204 no 8.
Karen Marie no 2, born 25. sep 1871, Tingsted 1854-1891, opslag 206 no 17.

In census 1890 http://www.arkivalieronline.dk , opslag 78 no 40 and 41:
Christen Henriksen, widover. Ellen Christensen, 24 years old, daughter.

Are you interested in further information of the family ?

Regards Anni