Help with translations birth documents - Podosek, immigrants from Poland

Startet af Wojtek Matuszewicz, 19 Jan 2014 - 18:35

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Wojtek Matuszewicz

Dear all,
I would aks you to help me translate some birth documents, mainly adnotations:

1. Stephania Podosek, born 16 November 1916, row number 33, Præstø, Bårse, Vordingborg, 1914-1918, Opslag 57. There are 2 similar links. The data is in the second link.
Please, 3 column with city names and last one with adnotations.

2. Empty name of child, born 5 November 1915, row number 54,  Præstø, Bårse, Vordingborg, 1914-1918, Opslag 24. There are 2 similar links. The data is in the first link.

3. Marya Podosek, born 23 November 1917, row number 55, Præstø, Bårse, Vordingborg, 1914-1918, Opslag 121. There are 2 similar links. The data is in the second link.  Please, only translate adnotations. 

4. Paul Podosek, born 30 January 1919, row number 7, Præstø, Bårse, Vordingborg, 1918-1922, Opslag 8. Please, only translate adnotations.

5. Stanisław Podosek,  born 22 July 1921, row number 38, Præstø, Bårse, Vordingborg, 1918-1922, Opslag 45. Please, only translate adnotations.

Best regards,
Wojciech

Ruth Steenberg Rasmussen

Hello Wojciech and welcome to this Forum,

1. Stephania Podosek, born 16 November 1916, row number 33, Præstø, Bårse, Vordingborg, 1914-1918, Opslag 57. There are 2 similar links. The data is in the second link.
Please, 3 column with city names and last one with adnotations.

She was born in Knudsby, a small place in Vordingborg parish. I found the parents with a boy Johan, born 19th of sept. 1915 in census (folketællinger) 1916, Landsogn, Præstø Amt, Bårse Herred, Vordingborg Landsogn, opslag 222
He was working on a farm called Knudsbygaard in Ore.
In the Adnotations it tells that the father had Polish citizenship  - and as you will see below it means no rigths to social help.

2. Empty name of child, born 5 November 1915, row number 54,  Præstø, Bårse, Vordingborg, 1914-1918, Opslag 24. There are 2 similar links. The data is in the first link.
Column 3 tells you were the child was born: Vordingborg Parish, in a small place/village called Ore.
The name of the child has not been passed on to the parish in Vordingborg, therefore no name.
In the adnotations you are told, that the parents were married in Slagelse, on the 29th of August
1915 in St. Jans Kirke. - There is no St. Jans Kirke, but the catholic church Vor Frue, had a chapel, St. Johannes and it was probably there, they were married. The churchbooks from Vor Frue in Slagels is not yet  online :( I think the child has been christened there too - or in Næstved)
The last part of the adnotations tells the same as here:

3. Marya Podosek, born 23 November 1917, row number 55, Præstø, Bårse, Vordingborg, 1914-1918, Opslag 121. There are 2 similar links. The data is in the second link.  Please, only translate adnotations.  In the adnotions it says: "Barnet har ikke Fødselshjemstedsret i nogen Kommune her i Landet" and then there is a reference to the law. - It Means that the child has no right to social help in any municipality here in the country. -
I think that the parents have had Polish citizenship and so had the children.

The remark about Fødselshjemsted is seen too for Danish children if the mother did not live in the birthparish 10 month before giving birth. At that time it was important for the community to make sure which community had to pay if the person/family became poor and needed help - and that was the community where the child was "made".

In the last two the adnotation starts referring to an adnotation from 1916, but I have not been able to find it.

Best regards
Ruth

Wojtek Matuszewicz

Hi Ruth,
Thank you so much for your effort an help!!!
It was very helpful, especially your comments related to Stephania Podosek.

Her parents was Kazimierz Podosek and Helena Waryas. They are both polish citizens, born in Radgoszcz in Poland. Meantime I found the death documents related to the boy Johan (in polish language: Jan)
which died in Lublin, Poland in 1938. Till today family don't know about Stephania, Marya and Johan.
This is new information for us. I am very interested about history of Stephania and Marya.

I have couple questions:
1. Do you know where I have found immigrations documents of Kazimierz and Helena Waryas? I want to know when they came to Denmark and where exactly. 

2. How to find a place and birth doc of Johan (Jan) Podosek? I checked 1915 in data of Præstø, Bårse, Vordingborg, 1914-1918 but I can't find it. Any suggestions?

3. Is it possible to find documents when Kazimierz Podosek and Helena left Denmark and come back to Poland? I knew that they died in Poland for 100%.

4. Where I can find more information about farm Knudsbygaard in Ore?

5. At two last documents you mention that annotations is related to 1916. Could you provide more details?

6. Is is any possibilities to find potential marriage documents Stephania and Marya Podosek with danish citizens?

Once again, thank you very much for help.
Wojtek

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Hi Wojtek,

Here is a Podosek who came to Denmark

Efternavn:    Podosek   Fornavn:    Katarzyny
Fødselsdatering:    00.00.1875
Ankomst:    16.04.1905
Oplyst næringsvej:    Tjenestepige   Ank. fra (land):    Østrig
Ank. fra (region):    Galizien
Fødeland:    Østrig   Føderegion:    Galizien
Opholdsbogsdater:    03.05.1905   Opholdsbogsembede:    Musse Herred
Tj./Oph.sted (region):    Maribo Amt   Tj./oph.sted (sogn):    Toreby
Tj./oph.sted (art):    Gods
Tj./op.sted(virks.):    Rosenlund   Kildenavn:    Sakskøbing Byfoged, Tyendeprotokol 1903-1906

Sincerely,
Paul
USA

Wojtek Matuszewicz

Paul,
Thank you very much.
I am not sure that these Katarzyna Podosek is somehow related to Kazimierz Podosek.
However Kazimierz was born in 1883. It is possible that Katarzyna born in 1875 was his sister.

Beste regards,
Wojtek

Ellen Steen-Petersen

Hi Wojtek
The family can also be found in:

Census 1921.  Købstad (City).
County: Præstø. City: Vordingborg.
Street: Diverse, Marken, Matr.nr. 37-160. Page 50.
Place: Ore - House owned by Kammerherreinde Oxholm (Lady Chamberlain Oxholm)
(http://da.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sophie_Oxholm)

Family #3:
Kazemeri Podasek, M, 7. mar 1884, Married, Place of Birth: Galesien, Arrived 1917 from Vordingborg Langsogn, Husfader, Jordarbejder
Helena Podasek, F, 11. feb 1884, Married, Galesien
Johan Podasek, M, 16. nov 1914, Slagelse
Stefania Podasek, F, 19. nov 1916, Vordingborg Landsogn
Maria Podasek, F, 21. nov 1918, Vordingborg
Paul Podasek, M, 31. jan, 1919, Vordingborg

(I know that the spelling and dates differs from the Churchbooks - but that's not unusual in the Census.)

Regards,
Ellen