1772 birth record

Startet af Linda Michelle Thérèsa de Bodt Rosenland, 17 Jan 2014 - 02:12

Forrige emne - Næste emne
I believe I have located the birth record for my 4 times great grandfather Hans Pedersen but there are two records very close in time to one another.

I cannot make out the birth date but this one is born in 1772 in Bovense, Vindinge, Svendborg, Denmark.

1763-1813 parish records
Bovense, Vindinge, Svendborg
Opslag 45
Hans son of Peder Hansen
3rd from the top

Now there is also a record on the previous page for another Hans son of Peder Hansen born in 1771.
1763-1813 parish records
Bovense, Vindinge, Svendborg
Opslag 44
Hans son of Peder Hansen
2nd from the top

If I could obtain a translation of both of these records I should be able to figure out which Hans Pedersen is my great grandfather.

Ralph Rasmussen

A detour - Opslag 126 records the death at four weeks of the first Hans.  The sponsors/witnesses at both baptisms may shed some light on the same parents.  The name of a child dead in infancy was usually given to the next child of the same sex.

Is it your gaardmand Peder Hansen buried in 1783, opslag 133 #4?

That would explain Peder's and Hans's apparent absence from the 1787 census.  Hans may have been in a neighboring parish, as he doesn't appear to have been confirmed in Bovense.

Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

I think that might be my Peder Hansen.  My information, still to be confirmed with source documents, indicates he was 57 years old when he died but my information has him dying in 1797 not 1787, born in 1740 in Flodstrup, Dinestrup, Fyn, Denmark.  If I can locate the birth record for the year he was born then this will confirm the death record.

It looks like Peder Hansen was betrothed to a Maren Fransdatter (opslag 5) 28 Mar 1770 and married (opslag 6) 5 Oct 1770 in Bovense.  They then appear to have had the following children:

opslag 44 Hans Pedersen 1771 (died 1771 opslag 126) cannot figure out date
opslag 45 Hans Pedersen 1772 cannot figure out date
opslag 48 Niels Pedersen 1775 cannot figure out date
opslag 51 Knud Pedersen Sept 1777 cannot figure out date
opslag 53 Maren Pedersdatter 3 Oct 1779
opslag 55 Kirstin Pedersdatter 6 Jul 1780

Edited to add:
I just realized that Maren Fransdatter is listed just above the death of the first Hans Pedersen 4 weeks at death.  She must have had complications from the delivery and the child died a few weeks later?  So, Peder Hansen must have remarried fairly quickly for him to have had another son the following year?

Ralph Rasmussen

After dancing around your request.

Opslag 45

December Secunda Adventus (December 6, 1772)
Hans, Peder Hansens Gaardmands hiemmeddøbt Søn af Rør-
bech gods i Bogense, frbn (frembaaren) af Jeppe Andersen Grdmd Hustru
Ane ibid Fadre Jeppe Andersen, Niels Anderssen
Rasmus Vognsen, Mads Pedersen Grd (gaardmand) ibid

August 24
Hans, Peder Hansen Grdmands hiemmedøbt Søn fbn af Dor-
thea Peders-datter af Nÿeborg Fadre Gl Hans Pedersen,
Hans Grægersen, gl Peder Hansen alle af Bogense

PS:  This will help with the liturgical calendar:

http://www.morchslaegt.dk/bauers/bauer.htm
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Thank you so much!

So they are two different Peder Hansen?  Is Rorbech a common name for a female?  I have not seen that name before.

Helmer Christiansen

Rørbech is the name of the estate.
Helmer Christiansen
2000 F