Trying to locate Smidt side of Løndahl-Smidt

Startet af Paul Londahl-Smidt, 28 Dec 2013 - 23:33

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Paul Londahl-Smidt

I am trying to trace Svend William Egeberg Smidt, his wife Oda Sofie Amalie Sørensen, and their two daughters, Edel Livia Xenia Smidt and Lizzie Smidt.  From Lizzie's birth record of 17 Nov 1929, Rødovre, Sokkelund, København opslag 113 nr 37, I know that they were living at Damhusdalsvej 65.  When Lizzie was confirmed in Rødovre in 2 Apr 1944, opslag 191 nr 1 they were living at Damhusdalen 65.

I have searched the Rødovre church records for the marriage of the daughters with no success and I have looked for the death of Svend William Egeberg Smidt, also with no success.

Does anyone have an idea of how I can trace the family after 1944?  Thanks for any help you can give me.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Stina Kirkegaard Hansen

According to an abituary the news paper Politiken, Oda dies the 27th of May 1967. Unfortunately it doesnt say where.
Kind regards
Stina

Stina Kirkegaard Hansen

Glostrup, 1967-1967, opslag 183.
Kind regards
Stina

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Mange tusind tak Stina.  This now gives me a clue as to where to look.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Paul Londahl-Smidt

I have looked at the Glostrup death record for Oda and it seems to have 2 clues.  First is that she was living at the same address in Rødovre as in 1929 which leaves me to believe that she and Svend William Egeberg Smidt owned their residence.  The second clue is that she was cremated and her remains were interred in Søndermark kirkegård.  Perhaps when Svend died he was also interred there.

Does anyone know the e-mail address of Søndermark kirkegård?  Perhaps they have a record of Svend's death.  Once i have that I can look for a record of his estate.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Asger Dahl Hansen

Hi Paul.

They owned their residence. It seems he let the house build 1927.
1972 Svend still lives there with his daughter and son in law.

Try this one:  https://www.weblager.dk/app

Type the adress Damhusdalen 65 and if you look at the older papers, you will find drawings of the house.

Best
Med venlig hilsen
Asger Dahl Hansen - 2900

Asger Dahl Hansen

Hi again Paul.

Go into Arkivalier online.

Choose: Ejendomsoplysninger

then: Hovedstaden

then: Rødovre

then: Rødovre By

Choose book # 20

Opslag 478

Here you get some more information on the property.

Svend Schmidt bought it 1926, built a house 1927.

Sold the house 1964 to a Hans Holst, who might be his son in law.

They made 1964 a document stating that Svend and his wife Oda could stay at the house as long as they lived for a monthly rent of 50 kr.

Best

Med venlig hilsen
Asger Dahl Hansen - 2900

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Hej Asger,

Mange tak for din Hjælp.  I have been trying to trace this family for several years and now the walls are breaking down.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul