searching for marriage

Startet af aileen young, 25 Jan 2011 - 07:39

Forrige emne - Næste emne

aileen young

I have searched the churches Skt Jakols 1901-5 the years 1902-5
                                             Sions Sogn 1896-1907 years 1902-5
                                             Skt Johannes 1900-1905 years 1902-5
                                             Sundby 1899-1905 years 1902-5.

For the marriage of William August Edvard or Edvard August Hartmann born 23 May 1880 in Helsingor and Amalie Caroline Jensen born 8 April 1881 in Kobenhavn.

Any other suggestions for searching.

Aileen

Kobenhavn,Vejle.

Anni Larsen

Hi Aileen.

By a coincidence I found the marriage:
Maria parish, Sokkelund district, Copenhagen county, 1904-1914, opslag 33 no 23.

There are two remarks: Gommen tilhører ikke noget trossamfund (=The groom does not belong to any religious community) and gift 28. april 1905 Borgerlig ægteforenede ved Kbhvns Magistrat (= married 28. april 1905 Civil marriage at Copenhagen municipal corporation).
I suppose the marriage took place in Copenhagen cityhal.

Kind regards
Anni Larsen

aileen young

Anni
Thank you so much for the information on Evard Hartmann's marriage.
I guess having his parents die when he was so young in Helsingor and two of his elder brothers joining the Mormons and emigating to Salt Lake city , He didn't have anyone to please.

If he had any children would they have been registed in a church or the town hall where he was married?

Aileen
Kobenhavn,Vejle.

Anni Larsen

Hi Aileen.

Evt. children will be registered in a churchbook.
The last comment at the wedding is: Børnene skulde opdrages i Folkekirkens tro = The children will be brought up in the national church faith.

Kind regards
Anni

aileen young

Thank you Anni,

I now have to find the right church, that is if they had children.

The later families seem to change their church, I have found it easier with the earier families as they seem to stay in one particular church.

Aileen
Kobenhavn,Vejle.