Help with a puzzle in Faaauerwraa.

Startet af Belinda Abell, 14 Nov 2013 - 11:37

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Ellen Steen-Petersen

Sara' mothers parents was married in Tyrstrup:

Kirkebog. Tyrstrup, Sønder Tyrstrup, Haderslev. 1775-1838. (Opslag 479)
September 13 1783.
Gregers Jensen Ungkarl af Heils med Maren Jörgensdatter af Böyeskou, Gaardmand Jörgen Pedersens og Catharine Marie Nisdatter af Böyeskou ægtefødte datter. Testes: Andreas Pedersen og Hans Eskildsen begge af Heils.

Gregers Jensen Bachelor of Heils with Maren Jörgensdatter of Böyeskou, farmer Jörgen Pedersens' and Catharine Marie Nis daughters' of Böyeskou legitimate daughter. Witnesses: Andreas Pedersen and Hans Eskildsen both of Heils.

Inger Toudal

I think this is Sara Cathrines ggrandfather and grandfather.

Haderslev amt, Sdr. Tyrstrup herred, Tyrstrup sogn
kirkebog 1775 - 1838 Opslag 752 Anno 1789 Nr. 4.

Died 2 Apr., buried 8 Apr. 1789:

Bonniek Nissen en Aftægts-
Mand i Segeling, fordum Gaardman-
dens Nis Bonnicksens og Trine Knuds
Datters i Segeling ægtefød Søn, gam-
mel 69 Aar og 2 maaneder efterlader
6 Børn, 1 Nis boende i Store Aandst
i Jylland, 2 Hans en Gaards Besidder i
Boyskou, 3 Jes og 4 Peder som tiene i
Hoptrup Sogn  5 Karen eier Gar-
den og er gift med Thomas Jør-
gensen, 6 Anne Catherine gift
med Gaardmanden Hans Peder-
sen i Aastrup, hans efterladte
Enke er Sara Hans Datter.

Quoting https://www.slaegtogdata.dk/forum/index.php/topic,69559.0.html

Inger T.
Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal

Nancy Petersen

Tilføjelse til Helle`s tydning af Hans Bonnichsens død:

Børnene ere i det hele taget særdeles svage
af Forstandsevner, men af en stor Villens
Stivhed; det sidste ifølge Exempel og Opdragelse.

Addition to Helle`s reading of Hans Bonnichsen death:

The children are in the whole very weak
of understanding skills, but a lot of will power;
the last of the example and education.

Nancy

Inger Toudal

A suggestion for a different translation of the last few words above:

... the latter as a result of example and education.

There seems to be a connection to the family that we investigated earlier. Hans Bonnichsen who died 2 Apr. 1789 in Seggeling, Tyrstrup parish, had a son Nis, living in Store Andst [Andst parish], and a son Hans living in Bojskov [Tyrstrup parish].

Inger T.
Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal

Ellen Steen-Petersen

Dear Inger T.
I do disagree a little bit with you.
First of all the translation could be..

.. the latter as a result of example and upbringing.

Secondly, the person who died on April 2nd 1789 is most likely Sara's great grandfather and his name is not Hans but Bonniek (or Bonnich - the spelling differs).

So Sara's parents are:
Hans Bonnichsen Nissen * Mar 10th 1797 D. Nov 14 1863
Anne Marie Petersdatter Bonnichsen Nissen *Mar 1st 1802 d. Sep 24th 1881
(her surname is also stated as Petersen or Gregersdatter Petersen)

Her fathers' parents were:
Hans Bonnichsen birth approx. 1751
Mette Catharina birth approx. 1752

Her fathers' paternal grandparents were:
Bonniek Nissen, died Apr 2nd 1789
Sara Hans datter

Her mothers' parents were:
Gregers Jensen birth approx. 1751
Maren Jørgen datter birthe appox 1764

Her mothers maternal grandparents were:
Jørgen Pedersen
Catharine Marie Nisdatter

I do agree, that there is a link to the family in Andst - and the name Sara was used in both family as the children was name after the grandmother (and great grandmother) Sara.
/Ellen

Inger Toudal

Sorry Ellen, I was too hasty.

Upbringing is a better translation of Opdragelse - I just copied it from Nancy without giving it too much thought.

Also sorry for writing Hans Bonnichsen in stead of Bonnich Nissen. If you look back, you see that I got it right the first time.

Inger T.
Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal

Erik Schaefer

Belinda,

Your email had me worried, but I see the experts here have just taken us on a different route to the same end result.  :)  We have the same ancestor in common for our DNA sample.

What we had before:

Hans Petersen Gellert (1704-1774)
+Karen Johansdatter Fink (1692-1756)
     Sarah Hansdatter (1729-1800)
     +Bonnick Nissen (1720-1789)
          Nis Bonnichsen (1747-????)
          +Anna M. Nielsdatter (1757-????)
               Bonnich Nissen (1792-????)
               +Caroline Gamborg (1805-????)
                    Sarah C. Bonnichsen
                    +Haken Petersen

What we have now:

What we had before:

Hans Petersen Gellert (1704-1774)
+Karen Johansdatter Fink (1692-1756)
     Sarah Hansdatter (1729-1800)
     +Bonnick Nissen (1720-1789)
          Hans Bonnichsen (1751-????)
          +Mette Catharina N.N. (1752-????)
               Hans Bonnich Nissen (1797-1863)
               +Marie Petersen (1802-1887)
                    Sarah C. Bonnichsen
                    +Haken Petersen

Ok, so don't delete everything in your tree!  Just fix those two generations!  Glad to still have you in my tree, cousin!
Research areas of interest:
Hjarup / Vamdrup / Sonder Broby / Taps/ Vantinge

Gammel Rye / Them/ Vrads

Eva Morfiadakis

Belinda,

Håkans's father Peter was born on 18 Dec. 1812 and christened on 22 Dec. He was born in Almundsryd parish in a place called Slättesmåla. His parents were Olof Petersson and Hanna Jaensdotter.

Peter's last name should have been Olofsson but he was called Olsson which you also could be if your father's first name was Olof. In Sweden we had the usage of patronyms until about 1900.

There seems to be an error in the parish book regarding Christinas date of birth.

According to the birth book Christina was born 22 July 1813 in Almundsryd parish in a place called Brorsmåla torp. She was christened on 25 July. Parents Hans Jacobsson and Kjerstin Persdotter.

There is no cause of death for Peter Olsson but Christina Hansdotter died of fever.

A correction Håkan's brother Sven was married in 1874 (not in 1774).

Eva M
Eva M

Belinda Abell

Wow! Thank you again to everyone. 

I am feeling a little shell-shocked.  This morning I checked the messages and realized I had been researching the wrong Sara Bonnichsen.  I went to work today feeling like I had just discovered I took the wrong baby home from hospital - it is strange how emotionally attached you become to these ancestors you have never met.  Not to mention how many hours of work I thought I had wasted by going down the wrong path.

And 12 hours later you have already sorted it for me and connected me back to the same family.  I am amazed, and thrilled, and very, very grateful. You have all given me so much info to absorb!  And a lot of new records to source.

Eva, are you able to tell me if there is a website where I can view the Swedish records please?
Belinda

Eva Morfiadakis

Hello,

You have to have a subscription for the Swedish churchbooks. There are several operators: ancestry.se, genline.se, svar.ra.se and arkivdigital.se.

Eva M
Eva M

Belinda Abell

Some help please with a translation for Hans Bonnichsen in Svar#20.  The auto translators don't seem to understand.  Is this his occupation?:

Vejle, Nørre Tyrstrup, Hejls, Trappendahl, Kaadnerbygning, 113, FT-1845, b7036
Navn: Alder: Civilstand: Stilling i husstanden: Erhverv: Fødested:
Hans Bonnichsen 49 Kaadner, kjører Sand til Kristiansfeldt

Inger Toudal

Yes, it's his occupation.

Danish Kaadner is equal to German Käthner - cottager with a small plot of land, small farmer.

Kjører Sand til Kristiansfeldt (kører sand til Christiansfeld) - drives sand to Christiansfeld.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christiansfeld

FamilySearch has added a German Genealogical Word List to its website https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/Denmark

Best regards,
Inger T.
Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal

Ellen Steen-Petersen

Hi Belinda
Actually, when I saw the deadrecord of Sara's father, Hans Bonnichsen, I got a bit curious, since Sara's sister Maren was listed as married to Paul Nielsen Schulz...

Citat fra: Ellen Steen-Petersen [11355] Dato 19 Nov 2013 - 21:30
3. Maren married to Paul Nielsen Schultz

.. and the Schulz family is 'my family' in Hejls.
So I did a little bit if checking. And even though it is remote, we are related through marriage.
You can see Pauls' family here:
http://www.myheritage.dk/site-family-tree-125280371/schulz?treeMode=canvas

/ellen

Belinda Abell

Hi Ellen,
Well this is a very small world isn't it? It is a real delight to know we are connected, even if it is not by blood, especially as it was you who thought to look north of the border for my Sara. Thanks for the link. I will certainly be interested to have a look.

I originally made a DNA link with Erik Schaefer and he introduced me to the forum and gave me the basics on how to use it.  The Forum helped us to find our common relative through the records.  And now you have helped me solve a puzzle that has stumped us here in Brisbane for years.  Just proves it is not what you know, but who you know. ;)

I have been busy going through all the posts here, finding the sources and translating.  Everyone on the forum has been wonderful. The help from Eva with the Swedish connection has given me a boost along in that direction and I've now found 2 distant Swedish cousins with trees on Ancestry.com

Amazing!!

Erik Schaefer

Hi Ellen,

Speaking of Schultz, I have some in my tree as well.  Since Belinda and I are related, perhaps you and I share a connection too?  The Schultz in my tree lived in Aller sogn for a few generations.  the oldest one I have is Mads Christensen Schultz born about 1785 in Favstrup, Tyrstrup sogn.

I know it is a long shot, I just thought I would ask.

Gammel Rye / Them/ Vrads

Ellen Steen-Petersen

Hi Erik
I got lots of Schultz / Schulz in my tree - but the first documented trace I have of my line is in Vejstrup around 1700, just before the came to Hejls. They later move forward and back between the Parishes: Hejls, Vejstrup, Tyrstrup, Aller and Fjeldstrup. I have been able to document the family relations between the Schultz/Schulz in Vejstrup and Hejls - and some of those in Tyrstrup and Aller. But not all of them.
So I won't say we are not related - I just can prove it (yet).

By the way, the reason for the Schulz (without the 't') is the war in 1864. Some of the family decided to spell the name without the 't', not to be mistaken for Germans.

Erik Schaefer

Thank you Ellen,

I've sent you a private message with a link to my tree on ancestry.com I hope you are able to view it.  If not, I am in the process of creating a website of my family tree and I could send you that link as well.

Maybe seeing the names and documents I have would help you find a connection.  You have so many Schultz that it's hard for me to find any connection.

Gammel Rye / Them/ Vrads