Help with a puzzle in Faaauerwraa.

Startet af Belinda Abell, 14 Nov 2013 - 11:37

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Belinda Abell

After many years I am still unable to find any Danish records relating to my Great Grandfather, Haken Petersen.  He was illiterate when he came to Queensland Australia and signed his mark "X" on documents I have located here.  I suppose the clerks recorded his name as they heard it, and as a result there are many spellings:
Haken / Hagan / Ocken / Hagent / Haggent / Haazent  (in Australia he was known as Harry)

The German shipping record – Hamburg Passenger Lists, Lammershagen October 1872 - shows his name as Haazent Petersen from the town of Fauerwraa, Schleswig, occupation Landmann, age 24.  He travelled with his wife, Sara, and daughter Christina aged 1¼ yrs.  Although I have had much help and great success tracing his wife Sara Bonnichsen's family history in the Tyrstrup/Andst/Haderslev area, I still have not located either their marriage record or the birth of the child Christina Mary Petersen...  Without the next lead, my Gt Grandfather still remains a mystery.  These are the records that still elude me:

Haken's BIRTH           If Haken's age stated on various documents is correct, this has helped me to narrow down his date of birth to January to May 1848.  But I have two different locations: Schleswig Germany and Smollen (possibly Smaland) Sweden.  His death record says his mother's name was Christina Hansen.

Haken & Sara's MARRIAGE     Birth cirtificates for three of their children born in Queensland state that Haken and Sara were married on 3 September 1871 in Uland Denmark (I'm guessing that should read Jylland Denmark);  Sleigswick Germany; and  Schleswig Germany.  I know that Sara's parents were Bonnich Nissen b.1792 and Caroline Gamborg b.1805 and that Sarah was born 1849 in Fauervraa.

Daughter's BIRTH       Christina Mary Petersen was aged 1¼ on both the Hamburg passenger list (Lammershagen sailed from Hamburg on 6.10.1872) and the Moreton Bay arrivals (8.1.1873). So I would estimate her birth was approximately June/July 1872.

A distant cousin told me of a family story about them being somehow connected to a Baroness or Countess in Fauervraa - not related but Haken possibly worked for her prior to 1872.  Is this an avenue worth investigating?

Any help in shedding light on records for my great grandfather would be greatly appreciated, or even suggestions on where else to look??
Belinda

Belinda Abell

Citat fra: Belinda Abell [26620] Dato 14 Nov 2013 - 11:37
After many years I am still unable to find any Danish records relating to my Great Grandfather, Haken Petersen.  He was illiterate when he came to Queensland Australia and signed his mark "X" on documents I have located here.  I suppose the clerks recorded his name as they heard it, and as a result there are many spellings:
Haken / Hagan / Ocken / Hagent / Haggent / Haazent  (in Australia he was known as Harry)

The German shipping record – Hamburg Passenger Lists, Lammershagen October 1872 - shows his name as Haazent Petersen from the town of Fauerwraa, Schleswig, occupation Landmann, age 24.  He travelled with his wife, Sara, and daughter Christina aged 1¼ yrs.  Although I have had much help and great success tracing his wife Sara Bonnichsen's family history in the Tyrstrup/Andst/Haderslev area, I still have not located either their marriage record or the birth of the child Christina Mary Petersen...  Without the next lead, my Gt Grandfather still remains a mystery.  These are the records that still elude me:

Haken's BIRTH           If Haken's age stated on various documents is correct, this has helped me to narrow down his date of birth to January to May 1848.  But I have two different locations: Schleswig Germany and Smollen (possibly Smaland) Sweden.  His death record says his mother's name was Christina Hansen.

Haken & Sara's MARRIAGE     Birth cirtificates for three of their children born in Queensland state that Haken and Sara were married on 3 September 1871 in Uland Denmark (I'm guessing that should read Jylland Denmark);  Sleigswick Germany; and  Schleswig Germany.  I know that Sara's parents were Bonnich Nissen b.1792 and Caroline Gamborg b.1805 and that Sarah was born 1849 in Fauervraa.

Daughter's BIRTH       Christina Mary Petersen was aged 1¼ on both the Hamburg passenger list (Lammershagen sailed from Hamburg on 6.10.1872) and the Moreton Bay arrivals (8.1.1873). So I would estimate her birth was approximately June/July 1872.

A distant cousin told me of a family story about them being somehow connected to a Baroness or Countess in Fauervraa - not related but Haken possibly worked for her prior to 1872.  Is this an avenue worth investigating?

Any help in shedding light on records for my great grandfather would be greatly appreciated, or even suggestions on where else to look??
Belinda

Eva Morfiadakis

Hi,

This might be his birth parish:  Fauervrå, Tyrstrup, Sønder Tyrstrup, Haderslev-

Eva M
Eva M

Eva Morfiadakis

A Sara Bonnichsen was born 6 Jan. 1849 in Fauerwraa. Parents Leo? Nislsen and Caroline Vornborg. Can'r ead the names properly.

See arkivalieronline 1807-1860 Tystrup, Sønder Tyrstrup. Haderslev,  image 296.

Eva M
Eva M

Helmer Christiansen

The family in the 1845 census:
Samtlige personer i husstanden
Haderslev, Sønder Tyrstrup, Tyrstrup, Fauervraa Dorf, Instengebäude, 134, FT-1845, C2521

Navn:   Alder:   Civilstand:   Stilling i husstanden:   Erhverv:   Fødested:
Bonnich Nissen    56   Gift       lebt vom Tagelohn   Aandst
Caroline Gamborg    40   Gift       seine Frau   Stendrup
Jesper Bonnichsen    11   Ugift       ihre Kinder   Fauervr
Jens Bonnichsen    10   Ugift       ihre Kinder   Fauervr
Anne Cathr. Bonnichsen    9   Ugift       ihre Kinder   Fauervr
Peter Bonnichsen    7   Ugift       ihre Kinder   Fauervr
Jörgen Bonnichsen    5   Ugift       ihre Kinder   Fauervr
Gjertrud Bonnichsen    3   Ugift       ihre Kinder   Fauervr
Anne Marie Bonnichsen    2   Ugift       ihre Kinder   Fauervr
Helmer Christiansen
2000 F

Eva Morfiadakis

I looked again at the image of Sara's birth. Father's name is Bonnich. Mother's name is Gamborg at the birth of some of the other children whereas at Sara's it is a bit doubtful.

Eva M
Eva M

Eva Morfiadakis

By the way I looked in the Swedish emigration database for Hakan (the first a having a ring)Petersson which would be a Swedish name, asumming he first emigrated to Denmark. There is no such person.

Eva M
Eva M

Belinda Abell

Thank you Eva. 

Yes you have found the right birth and census info for my Great Grandmother, but as I mentioned, I have already had great success with her side of the family, going back many generations.

It is her marriage, her husband Haken Petersen and the birth of their child, Christina Petersen, that are the puzzles for me.

Thanks Belinda

Eva Morfiadakis

Hi,

I don't know if your saw Census=FT 1860 Tyrstrup image 41. Bonnich Nissen (72) is a widower and three of his children Anna Cathrine, Caroline and Sara are living with him.

Bonnich Nissen died in 1865 (Tyrstrup 263, 1838-1886). Altogether he had 11 children. There is a discprepancy of his age stating he is 73 in 1865? Somewhere it is wrong.
What I am trying to say is it is likely that Sara left Tyrstrup at the death of her father. After 1860 (1864) there are no censuses until 1921 in this area.

I think you should also look for the name Hagen. Haken in a way reminds me of the Swedish or Norwegian spelling (Håkan or Hakon).

If he was a Swede he would not be all illiterate. In Sweden the church checked people's reading skills every year. Maybe not everyone could write well but they knew to write their names at least. I have my Swedish ggrandmother's (b. in 1849) signature on several documents, and I don't think she was much in school since her family since her family kept moving all the time.

Eva M
Eva M

Eva Morfiadakis

Hi,

I looked at Haken's death record. He died in 1920. The informant didn't seem to know the first name, only the last name,  of Haken's father but the full name of the mother. I therefore assume Haken was born out of wedlock.

Eva M
Eva M

Belinda Abell

Thanks again Eva,

I have not seen the census you mentioned, I will look it up.  And thanks for the tip about Swedish literacy... something else to keep in mind.

I have actually filled out the form to request Haken's death certificate but not yet submitted it.  It is part of the format of the death certificate in Queensland to give the mother's maiden name, so I don't know that that alone indicates he was born out of wedlock - just that the informant didn't know his father's first name.  If the informant turns out to be his wife, this would surprise me.  But if it is one of his children I would not be surprised at all - they didn't even seem to have much of an idea of their own mother's maiden name.  I have seen some really bad versions of Bonnichsen written on documents.  But thanks, I will keep your suggestion in mind.

Belinda Abell

Help with translation please:
I have found the entry for the death of Bonnich Nissen died in 1865 (Tyrstrup 263, 1838-1886). Please correct me if I'm wrong... he died 26th June and buried 30th June 1865.
I see that he had 11 children, but I could use some help with a full translation please - I struggle with the old Danish script.  It appears he had another wife, is it Anne Catherine Laurs?? and 3 children I didn't know of.

Does it also give the dates of death of his 2 wives?

Any help would be great thanks.

Inger Toudal

Hi Belinda,

You got the death and burial dates right.

Hers's the death entry as I read it:

Bonnich Nissen, Medlem af Christine Friederike Stiftelsen* født i Store Andst i
Jylland, en Søn af Gaardmand Nis Bonnichsen og Hstr. Anne Marie Nielsdatter.
2 Gange gift; først med Anne Catharine Lauritsen fra Hjerndrup, der døde 1832 d. 19 Decembr
og efterlader Børn: 1. Nis. 2. Voldborg. 3. Christen; anden Gang med 1833 den 12 Octobr
med Caroline Jespersdatter Gamborg fra Stenderup, der døde 1859 den
17  August. Af dette Ægteskab efterlader følgende Børn: 1. Jens. 2. Anne Catharine.
3. Peter. 4. Jørgen 5. Gjertrud Marie 6. Anne Marie. 7. Caroline. 8. Sara.
alle med Stammenavn(?) Bonnichsen.                                                     Alder omtrent 73 Aar.

* an institution for poor people (in the 1860 census there's a remark that he has received poor relief for several years).

In Tyrstrup 1838-1886, opslag 93, No 41, Sara Bonnichsen is mentioned as a witness to the baptism of Henrik Petersen and Gjertrud Marie Bonnichsen's son Peter Petersen. The baptism took place 17 July 1870, and Sara lived in Hjerndrup at that time.

The family in the 1835 census:

Haderslev, Sønder Tyrstrup, Tyrstrup, Fauerwraa Dorf, Instenhaus, 23, FT-1835, D2321
Name:    Age:    Marital status:      Position in household:      Occupation:      
Bonnich Nissen    42    Verheir.       Dienstknecht    
Karoline Gamborg    30    Verheir.       seine Frau    
Nis Bonnichsen    11    Unverheir.       ihr Kind    
Woldborg Bonnichsen    9    Unverheir.       ihr Kind    
Christen Bonnichsen    7    Unverheir.       ihr Kind    
Jesper Bonnichsen    1    Unverheir.       ihr Kind

Best regards,
Inger Toudal
Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal

Belinda Abell

That is great, thanks Inger.  The translator does a good enough job for me to understand that.

It is interesting that Sara's sister Gjertrud Marie also married a man named Petersen.  I wonder if I could be lucky enough to discover that the 2 sisters married 2 brothers... wishful thinking!

Cheers
Belinda

Eva Morfiadakis

Hello,

I lokked for the marriage in Hjerndup but couldn't find. I guess she was living somewhere else in 1871.

Petersen is not an uncommon name unfortunately.

Eva M
Eva M

Helmut Kudsk

CitatHi Belinda,

You got the death and burial dates right.

Hers's the death entry as I read it:

Bonnich Nissen, Medlem af Christine Friederike Stiftelsen* født i Store Andst i
Jylland, en Søn af Gaardmand Nis Bonnichsen og Hstr. Anne Marie Nielsdatter.
2 Gange gift; først med Anne Catharine Lauritsen fra Hjerndrup, der døde 1832 d. 19 Decembr
og efterlader Børn: 1. Nis. 2. Voldborg. 3. Christen; anden Gang med 1833 den 12 Octobr
med Caroline Jespersdatter Gamborg fra Stenderup, der døde 1859 den
17  August. Af dette Ægteskab efterlader følgende Børn: 1. Jens. 2. Anne Catharine.
3. Peter. 4. Jørgen 5. Gjertrud Marie 6. Anne Marie. 7. Caroline. 8. Sara.
alle med Stammenavn(?) Bonnichsen.                                                     Alder omtrent 73 Aar.

* an institution for poor people (in the 1860 census there's a remark that he has received poor relief for several years).

here is a photo

Helmut Kudsk
(Deutschland)

[vedhæfting slettet af admin]

Helmut Kudsk

here's another photo

Belinda Abell

Thank you Helmut, those photos are fabulous!!

Sad to say, but the living standard didn't improve much for my line of the family for a couple of generations.  My dad had a very meager upbringing here in Brisbane during the depression of the 1930s.  Today, we are not rich, but we are not living in the poor house like poor old Bonnich.

Thanks for all your help Eva.. I am starting to think perhaps Sara Bonnichsen was not even in Denmark when she met/married Haken Petersen.  If we go by the documentation, Sara was living in Tyrstrup age 12yrs on the census of 1860;
she was witness at a baptism July 1870, and Sara lived in Hjerndrup at that time;
she boards the Lammershagen in Hamburg in October 1872 with a husband and 1year old daughter who have magically appeared from nowhere.

Still puzzled but a bit wiser thanks to everyone's help,
Belinda

Ellen Steen-Petersen

Hi Belinda
When I saw your message, I came to think of that some of my ancestors lived in Tyrstrup before 1864.
After 1864 - when the area became German - they moved north of the border to the parish Hejls, Nørre Tyrstrup, Vejle. And I thought that I would just check if Sara did the same think.
Here is what I found:

In the Churchrecords for Hejls, Nørre Tyrstrup, Vejle, 1867-1886, on page 132 I found this:

Copulerede 1871 nr. 6:
Ungkarl Hakon Peterson f. d. 29. Juli 1848 Brorsmåla, Nørregård, Allmundsryd Sogn i Småland Sverig, 23 aar gammel, tjente i Fauervraa, Tyrstrup Sogn.
Pigen Sara Katrine Bonniksen. Datter af landboelsmand Hans Bonniksen i Heils, f. 1. December 1847, 23 aar gl.
Forlovere: Teglværksarbeider Andreas Peter Lamgaard og Landboelsmand Jørgen Knudsen Bonniksen, begge af Heils.
Viede: 2.de September i Heils Kirke.   
Til Lysning i Heils Kirke og Tyrstrup Kirke.

My best translation is:
Marriages in 1871 no. 6:
Bachelor Hakon Petersen born on 29th of July 1848 in Brorsmåla, Nørregård, Allmundsryd Parish in Småland, Sweden, 23 years old, serving in Fauervraa, Tyrstrup Parish.
Maid Sara Katrine Bonniksen. Daugther of small-holder Hans Bonniksen in Heils, born on 1st of December 1847, 23 year old.
Witnesses: Brickworker Andreas Peter Lamgaard and small-holder Jørgen Knudsen Bonniksen, both in Heils.
Marriage on 2nd of September in Heils Church.
Announcement (?) in Heils and Tyrstrup Church.

In the same Churchrecords on page 59.
Fødte Kvindekøn 1871, nr. 15
Født: 29. Juli Døbt: i Kirken 2. September
Kristine Marie Peterson
Forældre: Ugift Pige Sara Kathrine Bonniksen af Heils og udlagt Barnefader Hakon Peterson i Fauervraa.
B. Forældrene blev sammen viede 2. Sept. 1871
Faddere:
1. Maren Sørensen f. Nissen (Kollehoi)
2. Ungkarl Johan Petersen, Heils
3. Gerhard (?) Bonniksen, Tyrstrup
4. Pigen Ane Marie Jakobsen, Heils
5. Pigen Aneken Frost, Heils
Moderens Alder: 23 aar

My best translation is:
Birth, female 1871, no. 15
Born on 29th of July [1871]. Baptised in the church 2nd of September
Kristine Marie Peterson
Parents: Unmarried maiden Sara Kathrine Bonniksen of Heils and named father of the child Hakon Peterson in Fauervraa.
Note: Parents was marriage on 2nd of September 1871
Godparents:
1. Maren Sørensen born Nissen (Kollehoi)
2. Bachelor Johan Petersen, Heils
3. Gerhard (?) Bonniksen, Tyrstrup
4. Maid Ane Marie Jakobsen, Heils
5. Maid Aneken Frost, Heils
Mothers age: 23 years

I hope this can help you.

Regards
Ellen

Eva Morfiadakis

Hello,

So your ggrandfather was Swedish after all. I will see if I can find him.

His name was Hakan (the first a with a ring), His parents were Peter Olson and Christina Hansdotter.
Born on 29 July 1848 and christened on 6 August 1848, Brorsmåla, Almundsryds parish, Kronobergs län (county) in Småland, Sweden.

Eva M

As a matter of fact he was born in Brorsmåla, Backagård.
Eva M

Ellen Steen-Petersen

And if the Sara Bonniksen of Hejls is your Great Grandmother, then this is her Birth:

Kirkebog. Hejls, Nørre Tyrstrup, Vejle. 1838-1871. (Opslag 36)
Fødte 1847. Nr. 20.
Født: 1. Dec. Døbt: 18. Dec.
Sara Catharina Bonnichsen en ægte datter af Landboelsmand Hans Bonnichsen paa Wargaardmark og hustru Marie, født Petersen.
Faddere: 
1.   Karen Marie Frost
2.   Bodild Kjestine Ravn
3.   Peter Jacobsen Skjøtt
Alle i Heils.

Churchrecords. Hejls, Nørre Tyrstrup Vejle. 1838-1871 (Page 36).
Births 1847. No. 20.
Born on 1st of December. Baptised om 18th of December.
Sara Catharina Bonnichsen a legitimate child of small-holder Hans Bonnichsen on Wargaard Fields and wife Marie nee Petersen.
Godparents:
1.   Karen Marie Frost
2.   Bodild Kjestine Ravn
3.   Peter Jacobsen Skjøtt
All of Heils.

And this is her family in the Census of 1845:

Vejle, Nørre Tyrstrup, Hejls, Trappendahl, Kaadnerbygning, 113, FT-1845, b7036
Navn: Alder: Civilstand: Stilling i husstanden: Erhverv: Fødested:
Hans Bonnichsen 49 Kaadner, kjører Sand til Kristiansfeldt
Marie Grægersdatter 43 hans Hustrue
Gregers Bonnichsen 22 deres Barn
Katrine Bonnichsen 18 deres Barn
Hans Bonnichsen 15 deres Barn
Maren Bonnichsen 12 deres Barn
Jens Bonnichsen 9 deres Barn
Jørgen Bonnichsen 5 deres Barn 

Maybe Eva kan help with the Hakon from Småland, now that we have the Parish...

Eva Morfiadakis

This is the family in 1850. They have moved to another place witin Almundsryd parish called Wrångaböke, Wästergård.

Everyone in the family was born in Almundsryd. The father owns this place - the number before his name, probably a very small farm.

Eva M

Eva M

Inger Toudal

And this must be Sara Cathrine's mother in the 1880 census:

Vejle, Nørre Tyrstrup, Hejls, Heils Bye, Et Huus, 12, FT-1880, C8515
Name:    Age:    Marital status:      Pos. in household:      Occupation:      Birth place:
Erik Bonnichsen    34    Gift    Huusfader, Fisker       Heils
Katrine Bonnichsen f. Raun    28    Gift    Huusmoder       Veistrup Sogn
Hans J. Bonnichsen    6    Ugift    deres Søn       Heils
Ane Marie Bonnichsen født Petersen    77    Enke    Aftægtskone       Tyrstrup Sogn

Other censuses:

Vejle, Nørre Tyrstrup, Hejls, Wargaarde, Kathengebäude, 52, FT-1835, b8433
Name:    Age:    Marital status:      Pos. in household:      Occupation:      
Hans Bonnichsen    38    Gift       Käthner und Tageløhner    
Anne Marie Gregersdatter    33    Gift       seine Ehefrau    
Gregers Bonnichsen    10    Ugift       ihr Kind    
Mette Catrine Bonnichsen    7    Ugift       ihr Kind    
Hans Bonnichsen    5    Ugift       ihr Kind    
Maren Bonnichsen    2    Ugift       ihr Kind    
Anne Marie Juhl    18    Ugift       Dienstmädchen

Vejle, Nørre Tyrstrup, Hejls, Heils, Parcelengebäude, 82, FT-1840, b8565
Name:    Age:    Marital status:      Pos. in household:      Occupation:      
Hans Bonnichsen    44    Gift       Parcelist    
Marie Gregerstochter    38    Gift       seine Ehefrau    
Gregers Bonnichsen    17    Ugift       Ihr Kind    
Katrine Bonnichsen    13    Ugift       Ihr Kind    
Hans Bonnichsen    10    Ugift       Ihr Kind    
Maren Bonnichsen    7    Ugift       Ihr Kind    
Jonas Bonnichsen    4    Ugift       Ihr Kind

Vejle, Nørre Tyrstrup, Hejls, Trappendahl, Kaadnerbygning, 113, FT-1845, b7036
Name:    Age:    Marital status:      Pos. in household:      Occupation:      Birth place:
Hans Bonnichsen    49    Gift       Kaadner, kjører Sand til Kristiansfeldt    Tyrstrup Hadersl:
Marie Grægersdatter    43    Gift       hans Hustrue    Tyrstrup Hadersl
:
Gregers Bonnichsen    22    Ugift       deres Barn    Tyrstrup Hadersl:
Katrine Bonnichsen    18    Ugift       deres Barn    Tyrstrup Hadersl:
Hans Bonnichsen    15    Ugift       deres Barn    Heils Hadersl:
Maren Bonnichsen    12    Ugift       deres Barn    Heils Hadersl:
Jens Bonnichsen    9    Ugift       deres Barn    Heils Hadersl:
Jørgen Bonnichsen    5    Ugift       deres Barn    Heils Hadersl:

No census was taken in 1850 in Nørre Tyrstrup district because of the 1848-1850 war.

Prior to 1870, Nørre Tyrstrup district was in Schleswig. That's why the census was taken in 1835, not in 1834.
After the 1864 war, the district became part of the Kingdom of Denmark.

The 1860 census: AO, Folketællinger, Slesvig, Sogn: Hejls
The 1870 census: AO, Folketællinger, Landsogn, Sogn: Hejls

Best regards,
Inger T.

PS: Sara Cathrine's brother Gregers Bonniksen of Tyrstrup is one of the witnesses at Kristine Marie's baptism in 1871.
Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal

Eva Morfiadakis

In 1853 the family moved to Brorsmåla Norregård.

In parish book AI:25 1866-1876, page 329,  it is said that Peter Olsson died 22 February 1868 and Christina Hansdotter died 26 March 1870.

Håkan got a working permit in 1868 and it is said he had been in Germany for 3 years. On 30 June 1871 Håkan finally moved to Sleswig.

I will see if I can find his two brothers.

Eva M
Eva M

Eva Morfiadakis

Förnamn: Johan   Utflyttningsdatum: 1868-10-13
Efternamn: Petersson    Utflyttningslän: Kronoberg
Födelsedatum: 1845-08-19   Utflyttningsförsamling: Almundsryd
Gårdsnamn (ex. Bäcke-Nils):    Utflyttningsort: Brorsmåla Södregård
Födelselän: Kronoberg   Destination ort: Schleswig
Födelseförsamling: Almundsryd   Destination land: Tyskland
Födelseort:    Landskod: 
Födelseort (Utom Sverige):    Ensam/Familj: E
Födelseland (Utom Sverige):    Aktnr: 26
Yrke: Dräng   Källa: 
Ålder: 23   Sida i husförhör: 332
Kön: M   Nr i utflyttningslängd: 
Civilstånd: O

Brother Johan also moved to Sleswig.

Eva M
Eva M

Ellen Steen-Petersen

And this is Sara' fathers dead:

Kirkebog. Hejl, Nørre Tyrstrup, Vejle. 1826-1867 (Opslag 226)
Død: 14. November
Begravet: 20. November
Landsboelsmand Hans Bonnichsen ... på Heils Mark som var født i Bøgeskov 10. Marts 1797 som .. Gaardmand Hans Bonnichsen og hustru Mette Katrine Jørgensdatter i Bøgeskov.
Ægteviede 19. juli 1823 til pigen Ane Marie Petersdatter af Bøgeskov, Datter af Gaardmand Gregers Jensens og Maren Jørgensdatter, som i en lang årrække  (boede på?...) Heils Mark.
Af ægteskabets 10 lever nu 7:
1. Gregers
2. Hans gift med Ane Marie Schmidt
3. Maren gift med Paul Nielsen Schultz
4. Jens Hansen
5. Jørgen Knudsen
6. Erik
7. Sara Kathrine
Børnene var ...???
Han døde af brysttæring. 66½ aar.

Death: 14th of November. Buried: 20th of November
Small-holder Hans Bonnichsen .. on on Heils Field, who was born in Bøgeskov on 10th of March 1797 as (first born?) søn of farmer Hans Bonnichsen and wife Mette Kathrine Jørgens daugther of Bøgeskov.
Married 19th of July 1823 to maid Ane Marie Peters daugther of Bøgeskov, daugther of farmer Gregers Jensen and Maren Jørgens daugther, who for many years (lived?) on Heils Field.
Of the 10 children born in wedlock 7 are living:
1. Gregers
2. Hans married to Ane Marie Schmidt
3. Maren married to Paul Nielsen Schultz
4. Jens Hansen
5. Jørgen Knudsen
6. Erik
7. Sara Kathrine
The children was ...
He died of [disease in the lungs]. 66½ years.

Can anybody help with the last paragraph in the dead.. I can't read it.
/Ellen

Ellen Steen-Petersen

Here is Sara's father in the Census of 1803:

Haderslev, Sønder Tyrstrup, Tyrstrup, Dorfs Boyschau, , 5, FT-1803, C2847
Hanns Bonnichsen 52 Hausvater Hufner
Mette Catharina 51 dessen Frau
Bonnich Bonnichsen 24 ihre Kinder
Kiesten Magdalena Bonnichsen 21 ihre Kinder
Sara Bonnichsen 18 ihre Kinder
Jurgen Bonnichsen 13 ihre Kinder
Knud Bonnichsen 10 ihre Kinder
Hans Bonnichsen 6 ihre Kinder

So he actually came from Tyrstrup, Bøgeskov village.

Belinda Abell

Thank you all.. what a wonderful job you have done, and special thanks to Ellen for the break-through in finding Haken in the records.  It seems I have been following the wrong Sara Bonnichsen.  I have so much to do now to catch up with the documents you've all given me.

Thanks again.  You are all angels!

Eva Morfiadakis

Petersson, Sven

Gräskulla Norregård

Död 13/8 1934. /Died/

Kyrkobokförd i Almundsryd (Kronobergs län, Småland). (Registered in...)

Född 11/8 1850 (ingen uppgift om födelseort)  

Änkling. (Widower).

This is Håkan's younger brother. He stayed in Sweden in Almundsryd, got married in 1774 and had a number of children. In 1885 three of them died.

This is his wife:

Petersson f. Petersdotter, Sara Kristina

Gräskulla Norregård

Död 28/12 1932.

Kyrkobokförd i Almundsryd (Kronobergs län, Småland).

Född 6/2 1849 (ingen uppgift om födelseort)

Gift kvinna. (Married woman)

She was born in Södra Sandsjö and in the parish book it is said she was born on 4 Feb. 1849.

Eva M
Eva M

Ellen Steen-Petersen

Hi Belinda

A little bit more..
Sara's Mothers dead:
Død: 24. September 1881
Begravet: 1. Oktober 1881
Anne Marie Petersdatter Bonnichsen Nissen
Enke efter 1st ægteskab m. husmand Hans Bonnichsen Nissen som døde 14. November 1863 og med hvem hu var blevet ægteviet  19. juli 1823.
Hun var en datter af Gaardmand Gregers Jensen og hustru Maren Jørgensdatter og var født i Bøgeskov, Tyrstrup sogn 1. marts 1802. Hun boede de sidste år hun levede som aftægtskone hos sin søn Erik Bonnichsen. 79½ år.

Dead: 24. sept. Buried: 1. october
Anne Marie Petersdatter Bonnichsen Nissen
Widow after 1st marriage with small-holder Hans Bonnichsen Nissen who died 14. November 1863 and with who she was married on 19th july 1823.
She was a daughter of farmer Gregers Jensen and wife Maren Jørgens daughter and was born in Bøgeskov, Tyrstrup Parish on 1st of March 1802. She lived her last years as [retired] with her son Erik Bonnichsen. 79½ years.

Her family in the Census for 1803:
Haderslev, Sønder Tyrstrup, Tyrstrup, Dorfs Boyschau, , 6, FT-1803, C2847
Gregers Jensen 52 Hausvater Hufner
Maren Jensen 39 Frau
Jurgen Petersen 19 ihre Kinder
Jens Petersen 4 ihre Kinder
Anna Maria Petersen 1 ihre Kinder
Peter Christian 29 Dienstboten
Dorothea Hanstochter 41 Dienstboten
Sophie Peders 11 Dienstboten

/Ellen