1829 Marriage

Startet af Bill Petersen, 21 Jan 2011 - 01:08

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Bill Petersen

Would someone please look at the following record and tell me where these two are from if it's possible.
Stokkemarke, Lollands Sønder, Maribo...1820-1834...opslag 209, 3rd down...Christian and Dorte.
These two people have been very hard to trace. Thanks in advance for any help.
Mvh, Bill

Lissa Pedersen

Hi Bill,

Same people?

Christian Jørgensen from Stokkemarke and Dorte Hinsesdatter from Stokkemarke.

Lissa

Bill Petersen

Hi Lissa,
They are the same...just can't seem to find their birth records.
Bill

Ralph Rasmussen

This much I found.  Christian Jørgensen was confirmed at Stokkemarke, 1813-1822, opslag 124 as the son of Jørgen Strange.  He was born 4 January 1803, somewhere, and vaccinated 14 August 1812 by Bræstrup/Brædstrup.  The vaccination date can sometimes lead to the relevant parish.

I found no confirmation in Stokkemarke for Dorthe.

mvh
-Ralph
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Ralph Rasmussen

Dorte seems to be 'Hansesdatter' as I reexamine the marriage record.  A few women are styled 'Hansesdatter' on the 1834 census. 

Combing over the confirmation records, I haven't decided where Dr. Brædstrup was most active, nor have I found a Dorte Hansdatter/Hansesdatter born ca. 1805 confirmed.  I have had a go at Ryde, Vestenskov, Skovlænge, and Søllested.

mvh
-Ralph
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen

Bill Petersen

Hi Ralph,
Just returned to find that you have some information for me...thanks, I appreciate your time.
I will look in the birth recordings for other chidren by Jørgen Strange...also the death records.
Your information on Chistian and Dorte is interesting. I found them on the 1834 census with her name spelled Hingsesdatter, although I can't seem to get it to come up again. I guess I have seen a few cases where the Vicar has erred on the census reports.
I found her death in 1836...opslag 270 #9 in Stokkemarke. I think I found Christian's new marrage
26 Sep 1840...Opslag 144 #5...but I can't read her name.
Thanks again.
Mvh,
Bill

Ralph Rasmussen

As easily as I was convinced of Hansesdatter, the other parish records and the 1834 census make that reading unlikely.  Here is that census:

Samtlige personer i husstanden

maribo, Lollands Sønder, Stokkemarke, Kjeldernæs Bye, et Huus, , 28, FT-1834, B7419
Navn: Alder: Civilstand: Stilling i husstanden: Erhverv: Fødested:
Hans Sørensen 43  Gift  Dagleier og Inderste  
Maren Larsdatter 40  Gift  hans Kone  
Lars Hansen 11  Ugift  deres Barn  
Hans Hansen 6  Ugift  deres Barn  
Dorthe Hansdatter 13  Ugift  deres Barn  
Christjan Jørgensen 29  Gift  Dagleier og Inderste  
Dorthe Hingsesdatter 28  Gift  hans Kone  
Kirstine Christjansdatter 5  Ugift  deres Barn

The record, census 1834 and his second marriage, also argues for a birth in 1805 rather than 1803 for Christian.  I get the second wife to be Kirstine Davidsdatter.

As a farm hand, Christian moved around a bit.  He is noted in the 1830's on opslag 190#453 and opslag 225#31.  

How does this thread relate to your December thread?  It might have saved a couple steps to know that Dorthe's father had a name, however elusive.  I had referenced it, and now am quickly revising my two cents worth.

You wrote:  Would someone please translate the 4th column of the following record:
Søllested, Lollands Sønder, Maribo...1813-1831..opslag 35 #98...Rasmus Rasmussen
I'm assuming this is an illegitimate birth for Dorte Hingsesdatter.
Thanks for any help.

mvh
-Ralph
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen

Bill Petersen

Hi Ralph,
Sorry about the confussion.
I feel you have the correct birthdate for Christian. According to his marriage recording to Dorte,
7 Nov 1829...Opslag 209 3rd down, he is listed as 26. I would feel more confident in this recording
rather than a census report which tend to error frequently with ages.
I have just found two of his children by the second marriage...
Hans, 1 Jul 1840...opslag 24 #16...1834-1845 Stokkemarke
Maren Dorthe 10 Feb 1843...opslag 80 #3       "
The mothers name is still hard to read, but I think you are correct
Thanks for your time and effort.
Mvh,
Bil

Ralph Rasmussen

Trying to find Christian in the 1845 census, I came to the conclusion that he really wasn't there.  That lead eventually to opslag 265 #5 of the 1834-1845 parish register, Christian Jørgensen (Strange) buried.

Still no Kirstine or the children in the 1845 census.

mvh
-Ralph
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen

Bill Petersen

Hi Ralph,
Thank you once again for your time and effort.
I have probably looked at that death recording several times without really knowing what I was
looking at.
I notice that the Søllested records don't go beyound 1813...I was hoping that it was part of another Parish prior to that, but since you have already tried all of the surrounding Parishes, I guess that answers that question. I guess you just have to be prepared to accept the fact that your not going to find everything.
I will look in the Søllested confirmation records for siblings to Dorte.
Thanks again.
Mvh,
Bill

Ralph Rasmussen

'All' is really only a certain number of the nearby parishes.  Judging by the jævnførelsesregister (index) for Søllested, Dorte was confirmed in whichever neighboring parish hasn't been combed over yet.

As you suggested, her sister Else appears on opslag 83, #10.  Her birth date is listed.  Her death is listed as a private pensioner in Stokkemarke 1834-1845, opslag 277.  That death was all that Family Search could lead me to.

mvh
-Ralph

Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen

Ralph Rasmussen

This may be a missing link:

maribo, Lollands Nørre, Vesterborg, Skovhuuse, , 16, FT-1801, B7675
Navn: Alder: Civilstand: Stilling i husstanden: Erhverv: Fødested:
Hintse Andersen 54  Gift Mand Indsidder og Dagleier 
Ane Kristensdatter 28  Gift hans Kone   
Ane Hintsesdatter 13  Ugift hans Datter   
Dorthe Hintsesdatter 4  Ugift deres fælles Barn   
Else Hintsesdatter 2  Ugift deres fælles Barn

Andreas Hingse is given as Hintze at his marriage Stokkemarke, 1843, opslag 152.  And your Dorthe could be named after this Dorthe if she has died by 1805.

Else is in the 1845 census for Stokkemarke as in the care of Andreas.  Their birth place there is given as Stokkemarke, which hardly proves out in a run through of Stokkemarke births.

mvh
-Ralph
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen

Bill Petersen

Hi Ralph,
Wow, That could be a major find. Thanks for your diligence in this search, it is appreciated.
I certainly have plenty to follow up on now.
Lately whenever I try to access something on the census I get every year except the one I request.
And, whever I do find someone, I'm lucky to get that same page back again. Is anyone else having this problem? Thanks again Ralph.
Mvh,
Bill

Ralph Rasmussen

Blind alley, I'm afraid.  Based on her age, the Dorthe born in Vesterborg is probably the Dorthe married in Stokkemarke in 1830, opslag 211  #13 to Niels Hemmingsen(?).  Her birth is Vesterborg 1775-1814, opslag 61.

In DDD I now have to set the FT equals blank to the left of the year chosen.

Had you noted that % is a substitute for one or more letters between letters you have chosen as significant?  I also usually search for a fragment of a name if I can narrow the results down to a manageable number.  If you are down to a place or parish name you can always get everyone by searching for %%% as the individuals name.

mvh
-Ralph
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen

Bill Petersen

Thanks for the information on the DDD. That did solve some of my problems
I found the marriage for Hintse Andreasen and Ane Christensdatter...30 Jan 1796 in Birket,
opsalag 65 2nd column. Thanks again.
Mvh,
Bill

Ralph Rasmussen

If you are looking for the mother of Rasmus Rasmussen, Dorthe born in 1797 is almost certainly the right one.  It is difficult to imagine that two with such an unusual patronym would have a father named Andreasen. And you now have to find Rasmus's father, Rasmus Christensen.  Or have you done so in another thread?

The Dorthe born in 1805 is still rather a mystery.

mvh
-Ralph

Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen

Bill Petersen

Thanks again Ralph,
I'm finding things here and there...
Hintzes first marriage to Dorte Larsdatter...opsslag 20...1775-1814 Vesterborg
And four chidren by this marriage.
I intend to keep looking for things here and there.
Thanks for getting me started in the right direction.
Mvh,
Bill