Ellen Nielsdatter 4th GGrandmother

Startet af Lynn Christiansen, 06 Jun 2013 - 17:09

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Lynn Christiansen

I am trying to document the birth of my 4th great grandmother, Ellen Nielsdatter.

I have her marriage information: 1773-1814 Sennels Hillerslev Thisted img 86 pg 44 #1800-3

Death: 1814-1838  Sennels Hillerslev Thisted img 162 pg 211-#4

From Family Tree she was born about 1767 in Sennels. When I search the 1727-1772 Sennels Hillerslev Thisted register I do not find any births for an "Ellen" until opslag #40 record #4. This is for the year 1768. I am trying to determine if this is my Ellen.

Could someone provide me with a transcript and translation of this entry? Is she my Ellen??

Thank you for any help.
Research Areas: Thisted, Aarhus, Viborg

Ralph Rasmussen

I miss too much to offer a transcription.

But this mother and daughter do fit what I can make out:

Thisted, Hillerslev, Sennels, Sennels Bye, et jordløs Huus, 28, FT-1787, B1184
Navn: Alder: Civilstand: Stilling i husstanden: Erhverv: Fødested:
Maren Larsdaatter 60  Enke(mand) hans kone nyder sognets almisse [widow, receives alms]
Ellen Nielsdaatter 20  Ugift hendes daatter af 2det egteskab gaaer i dagleye [her daughter of a second marriage, day laborer]
Maren Andersdaatter 56  Ugift  inderst og gaaer i dagleye 
Mette Andersdaatter 46  Ugift  inderst og gaaer i dagleye

In the baptism, her father is Niels Christensen.  In the 1787 and 1801 censuses, ages are meant to be entered as number of years entered into rather than years completed.  In Ellen's case suggesting birth late in 1767 or early 1768.
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Lynn Christiansen

Thank you Ralph---you provided enough information to confirm what I thought I read but was not sure enough to transcribe it.

You also provided me with another idea for seeking information.

Lynn Christiansen

In reviewing this thread I believe I referred to the wrong opslag (i.e. 40 verse 57).

I have located an Ellen in the 1727-1772 Sennels Hillerslev Thisted register OPSLAG 57 #4

I transcribe the following:

? April
4 d 10de April Niels (correct ??) Christensen ?? og Hustrue Maren Larsdatter, Datter ?? hiemmedøbt, samme Dag og kaldet ELLEN, ?? af ?? Bÿe ?? Marie Christensdaatter ?? . Faddrene Søren ?? ?? og Johanne ?? i Nor ?gaard.

Could someone review my transcription and complete the ???

I believe I can translate the Danish but I am interested in the names and places.

Thank you....

Ralph Rasmussen

An oops.  I didn't mention finding the baptism in opslag/lookup 57.  Here is most of the transcription.

4 d 10de April Niels Christensen Hjød og Hustrue Maren Larsdatter en Datter
fød, hiemmedøbt sam͞e Dag og kalt Ellen, baaren af D[egnens?] Pige Sidse?
Marie Christens Datter.  de andre Faddre Søren Brøndeslev? .... ....
Mette Skiøt og Johanne Chrisiansd? i Nørre Knudgaard
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Lynn Christiansen

Thank you Ralph---I appreciate your feedback and the input you gave me... :) :) :)