Neilsen Family of Grimstrup, Skt Peder's Landsogn

Startet af Jan McLaughlin, 27 Maj 2013 - 23:56

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Jan McLaughlin

I am looking for members of the Nielsen family who did not immigrate to the US.  After his wife passed away, Lars Peder Nielsen of Naestved immigrated to Massachusetts where his sons had preceded him.  He arrived with his two youngest children, Albert and Christence in 1906.  But I cannot find any evidence of those who remained.  His wife must have passed away between 1893 and 1906, but I can find no evidence of her death in Skt Peder, Naestved.  Nor can I find her oldest daughters and oldest son.  They are:
1.   Ane Marie Nielsen,  my great grand aunt, born 9 Jun 1853 in Toksværd, Hammer, Praesto, Denmark
2.   Her daughter, Karen Marie Kristine Nielsen, born 1877 in  Toxsvaerd
3.   Another daughter, Anna Louise Vilhelmine Nielsen born 1879 Skt Peder's, Naestved,
4.   And a son,  Christen Nielsen born 1880  Skt Peder, Naestved, Praesto, Denmark
They all appear in the 1890 census, in Grimstrup, Skt Peder's Landsogn, Tybjerg, Praesto.

If they moved into the Kobstad, I have no way of knowing where to look without an adddress. 

Any direction you can point me in would be gratefully appreciated.
MVH
Jan

Inger Toudal

Hi Jan,

Albert Ankjær Nielsen was confirmed 1 Oct. 1905 in Næstved (Næstved Skt Morten, opslag 342 # 40). The address of the family was Trikotagevej (also spelt Tricotagevej).

His mother Anne Marie Nielsen died 20 April 1906 (same book, opslag 543 # 21). The address was Trikotagevej 51 K.

In 1901, the parents and five children born 1884-1893 were living at Trikotagevej 51 K (AO: Folketællinger, 1901, Købstad, Næstved, Trikotagevej, opslag 24).

The census tells us that Lars Peter Nielsen was unemplyed at the time (A), the parents were married 1876, they had 9 living children at the time, and 1 child had died.

Best regards,
Inger T.
Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal

Jan McLaughlin

You are wonderful, Inger!! Thank you!