Help finding Christiane Frederikke Anderson of Toksvaerd, Hammer, Praesto

Startet af Arlene Mabis, 10 Maj 2013 - 00:41

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Arlene Mabis

Christiane Frederikke Anderson married Niels Rasmussen on Feb. 21, 1862.  She was born on Nov. 20, 1837, in Fodby Parish, Soro Co. On July 10, 1889 records show that she was immigrating to  Rugby, Livingston Co., Ill. USA.  She was a widow at this time.  No records in America show that she arrived here.  Her daughter, Ane Kirstine Nielsen married Jens Christian (Christ) Wesselhoff on Jan 31, 1886 in Kong Parish, Hammer D., Praesto Co. Ane and Christ immigrated to Rugby, Livingston Co. on Sept. 3, 1890.  What I would like to find learn  is  what happened to Christiane.  Did she remarry and stay in Denmark??  I have tried to find her here in the USA with no results.  Unfortunately the 1890 Census records are unavailable due to a fire.  Ane and Christ Wesselhoff lived in the Rugby, Ill. area for many years.  Ane died on Jan 13, 1934, in Chicago, Cook Co., Ill.

David Peterson

Arlene:

This seems to be more or less the same question that was submitted two months ago by Jan McLaughlin.

https://www.slaegtogdata.dk/forum/index.php?topic=55534.0

Perhaps you are related to her?  There were some responses to her request, unfortunately none with an outright answer, and there was no further response from Jan.  Perhaps you should contact her to see if any headway was made.

David Peterson

Arlene Mabis

David

Thanks for your help.  I am not related but was asked by a friend who is related to Christiane Anderson to help search for info on her.  I'll tell him about the other person who has requested help from DisForum.  I used this site with great success when researching my family,  however, it has been quite a long time since I have used it.  It did seem strange to me that she would have immigrated without other family members.

Thanks, again.
Arlene