Trying to help someone trace their family

Startet af Paul Londahl-Smidt, 07 Jan 2011 - 16:50

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Paul Londahl-Smidt

I am trying to help a fellow researcher trace their family.  I have tracked Hans Nielsen Drejoe back his marriage

Hans Nielsen Drejoe married Anna Pedersdatter on 8 Jan 1789 in Ærøskøbing, Ærø, Svendborg, opslag 37.

He is in the 1803 Ærøskøbing census

Svendborg, Ærø, Ærøskøbing Købstad, , , Norderstrasse No 113, 259, FT-1803
Name:    Age:    Marital status:    Occupation in household:    Occupation:    Birth place:
Hans Nielsen Dreyoe   44    Gift   Hausvater   Schiffer   
Anne Marie Pederstochter   35    Gift   dessen Frau      
Niels Hansen   13    Ugift   ihre Kinder      
Peder Jensen   5    Ugift   ihre Kinder      
Mogens Jensen   1    Ugift   ihre Kinder      
Anna Maria   10    Ugift   ihre Kinder      
Christiana   8    Ugift   ihre Kinder      
Sidsel Cathrine Schröder   17    Ugift   Dienstmagd

I have found Niels Dreyøe in the 1769 census for Ærøskøbing

Niels Dreyøe   55,5    Gift      4a. klasse: Skipper eller Fisker   
-   42    Gift   hands Koene   4a. klasse: Skipper eller Fisker   
-   8,25    Ugift   Sønn   4b. klasse: Barn af Skipper eller Fisker   
-   2       Sønn   4b. klasse: Barn af Skipper eller Fisker   
-   16    Ugift   Datter   4b. klasse: Barn af Skipper eller Fisker   
-   13    Ugift   Datter   4b. klasse: Barn af Skipper eller Fisker   
-   4       Datter   4b. klasse: Barn af Skipper eller Fisker   
Kirstina Hansdatter Dreyøe   50    Ugift      5. klasse: Tienestebud eller Daglønner, og 6. klasse: svagø

I have found the marriage of Niels Hansen Dreyoe to Anna Maria Clausdatter on 29 Nov 1758 in Ærøskøbing, opslag 227 and the baptism of a son Hans on 16 Apr 1761 in Ærøskøbing, opslag 262.

I have also found the baptism of Hans to Hans Hansen Dreyoe on 2 Mar 1714 in Ærøskøbing, opslag 515.

My questions are, is the Hans Nielsen Dreyoe of the 1803 census the son of Niels Dreyoe fo the 1769 census and  the Niels who was baptized in 1761, and is the Hans baptized in 1714 the same Hans Dreyoe of the 1769 census.

I know this is complicated, but I appreciate any help or suggestions.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul 

Paul Londahl-Smidt

I have found the baptism of Ellen Marie to Niels Hansen Dreyoe and Christiana Hansdatter in Ærøskøbing on 15 Dec 1748, opslag 57.

mvh
Paul

Ruth Steenberg Rasmussen

Hi Paul
I found this in a script about Raadmand Hans Steffensen, who was godfather to Niels in 1714:

1714-03-02 Niels Hans Hansen Drejøe
d. eodem døbte ieg Hans Hansen Drejøemand en søn kaldet Niels. Raadmand Hans Stephansen bar det barn, hvis faddere vare og Christen Bydker, Christen Rasmussen, Marens Hansis og Salome Peitersdatter.

1778: D: 28 (april) blev Niels Drejøe begravet, 64 Aar gamel.
(Ærøskøbing 1744-1785, opslag 448)

So I think that it is Niels born 1714 who dies in 1778, and he fits with Niels Hansen Drejø in FT 1769.

By the way - you get the names Hans and Niels mixed a bit. That makes it difficult a little difficult to find read the informations ;)

Regards
Ruth

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Hej Ruth,

Tusind tak for din hjælp.

I am sorry for getting Niels and Hans mixed up.  Your help is sincerely appreciated.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Now to try to find the marriage of Niels Hansen Drejoe and Christiana Hansdatter.

Julie Pickett

Hello Paul,

There is some kind of record for Niels Hansen Dreyøe and Christiana Hansdatter, the first entry for 1749, in Ærøskøbing (opslag 59).

(As a side note, in case you are researching other relatives, there is a 1750 entry - looks like a betrothal perhaps -  for a Berte Dreyøe on opslag 84.)

Kind regards,

Julie

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Hi Julie,

Thanks for the information.

Sincerely,
Paul

Ruth Steenberg Rasmussen

Hi Paul

1743, opslag 466: Eodem die (15. aug.) Hans Hansen Drejøe betrothed to Anne Elisabeth Rasmusdatter, Best man: Hans Hansen Drejøe.

1743, opslag 471: Marriage of Hans Hansen Drejøe and Anne Elisabeth Rasmusdatter.

1745, opslag 7: Manddagen d. 5. april buried Hans Hansen Drejøe, Age 72

1745, opslag 10: Eodem Die (24. sept.) Hans Hansen Drejøe 1 Son baptized.

1747, opslag 42, Eodem Die (20. november) appeared Hans Lauritzen and Hans Hansen both here from the town and asked asked as guarantors for betrothal between Niels Hansen and Christiane Hansdatter on the first coming Thursday the 23th of Nov.

In 1756, opslag 188,  Hans Hansen Drejø second marriage where you find Niels Hansen Drejø as best man.

I think Hans Hansen (younger) and Niels Hansen were brothers, but have not found his birth.
This Hans Hansens death must be found before FT 1769 where you can find his widow.

Regards
Ruth

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Tusind tak Ruth.  I feel like a detective when I am doing genealogy.  You find clues and then draw conclusions.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul