Help with Translation/Transcription Horslunde

Startet af Max Rasmussen, 07 Jan 2011 - 13:55

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Max Rasmussen

I am checking out a baptism record I found on Family Search with the actual Arkiveronline document.

Family Search indicated: "Hans Olesen Graver bapt. Feb 1756 - Horslunde, Maribo"

Looking at Maribo, Lolland Nørre, Horslunde/Nordlunde 1747 - 1813 opslag 40 entry 11 (the best fit for this reference) I find the following which I am only able to partially read/translate.

"Ole Rasmussen ***** i Nybølle * Hans Døbt ***** og *****(unable to read the rest of the text)

Can someone assit with a transcript or translation of this entry please, so I can see if this is the entry I was looking for (the baptism of my 5x Greatgrandfather).

Med venling hilsen

Max Rasmussen
-Norfolk England
Med venlig hilsen

Max Rasmussen - Norfolk, England

Kathe Rasmussen

Hej Max;

It reads:  "Ole Rasmussens child in Nybølle named Hans. Baptised at home and died immediately after birth"

It was customary to name the next boy born after the one who died, so therefore, go through the records and see if you can find a boy child at a later date with the same name.

Good luck, Kindest regards,
Kathe Kristensen Rasmussen
4952 Stokkemarke, Lolland (abt. 5 miles from Horslunde)

Max Rasmussen

Hej Kathe,

Thank you for your help and the tip to look later in the records for another "Hans" Olesen.

I do know Stokkemarke where you live, having visited the Kirke there with my family in 2009. Stokkemarke is the birth place of my Grandfather, Georg Rasmussen (b.1896 - although I do not know at which address in Stokkemarke he lived as the family were only there for a short time before moving to København).

Med venlig hilsen

Max Rasmussen -Norfolk, England

Med venlig hilsen

Max Rasmussen - Norfolk, England