Need help finding marriage about 1920

Startet af Susanne Brown, 18 Mar 2013 - 19:27

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Susanne Brown

I am seeking the marriage record for Frands Ragnar Zimmerdahl born 9 March 1897 in København and Amalie Jensen born 1 May 1898 in Stenlille.  I believe they were married in København about 1920. They appear on the UK Outward Ship Passenger Lists leaving London, England on 2 December 1920 on the ship "Beltana" destined for Sydney, Australia. They are listed as married.

Any information or advice you can give me will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Paul Løndahl-Smidt

Hi Susanne,

Frands Ragnar Zimmerdahl and Amalie Jensen were married 23 Nov 1920 in Skt. Thomas, Sokkelund, København opslag 138 nr 105.  The record can also be found in Skt Andreas, Sokkelund, København, opslag 46 nr 0.

Sincerely,
Paul
Fåborg    Barløse

Susanne Brown

Hi Paul!

Wow!! That was fast!! Thank you so much!!

Sincerely,
Susanne

Paul Løndahl-Smidt

Hi once again Susanne,

Since you only listed Frands' birthplace as København I searched for the record.  He was baptized in Trinitatis, Sokkelund, København opslag 36 nr 36.

Sincerely,
Paul
Fåborg    Barløse

Susanne Brown

Once again Paul,

Wow!! I'm so impressed with how quickly you have been able to find this information. Are there indexes to the marriages and births?

Sincerely,
Susanne

Paul Løndahl-Smidt

Hi Susanne,

There are no indexes for births or marriages.  I just used good old detective work.  Now for some more information on your family.  Frands' parents were Johan Christian Zimmerdahl and Mathilda Olsson, both born in Sweden.  Johan Christian Zimmerdahl was born 28 Mar 1868 in Vollsjö, Malmöhus, Sweden, parents Simon Zimmerdahl and Wilhelmine Johnsson.  Mathilda Olsson was born 2 Jul 1870 in Fränninge, Malmöhus, Sweden, parents Ola Petersson and Anna Andersdotter.

Sincerely,
Paul
Fåborg    Barløse

Susanne Brown

Hi Paul,

You are an outstanding detective!! Thank you so much for all of the information that you have so kindly provided.

I would very much like to find the death records for Johan Christian Zimmerdahl and Mathilda Olsson. They appear on the 1930 Census for København, Rigensgade 25A, 4 Etage, Opslag 185. I only know that Johan was deceased by 19 June 1966. If you need to move on to other matters, I will fully understand!

Sincerely,
Susanne

Paul Løndahl-Smidt

Hi Susanne,

Finding the deaths of Johan and Mathilda would be next to impossible.  København is such a large city and has so many parishes that it might take years to find the deaths.  Sorry. 

Sincerely,
Paul
Fåborg    Barløse

Susanne Brown

Hi Paul,

Thank you for all of your effort on my behalf!

In appreciation,
Susanne

Verner Bentsen

Hi Susanne & Paul

If you open this link: https://www.slaegtogdata.dk/forum/index.php/topic,54213.0.html

and go to the last page (Side 3) and then ask Bente to look in "Begravelsesprotokollerne" for Johan Christian Zimmerdahl and Mathilda Olsson, deceased between 1930 and 1966. I'm sure she can help you.

You can refer to your site: https://www.slaegtogdata.dk/forum/index.php/topic,55862.0.html

mvh Verner

Paul Løndahl-Smidt

Hi Susanne,

I found the marriage of Simon Nilsson Zimmerdahl and Gustafa Wilhelmina Johnsson  on 10 Mar 1866 in Vollsjö, Malmöhus.

Sincerely,
Paul
Fåborg    Barløse

Susanne Brown

Hi Verner,

Thank you so much for the information! I have posted a request as you have suggested.

Sincerely,
Susanne

Susanne Brown

Hi Paul,

I am a descendent of Gustafva Johnsson through her son Anders Magnus who was born out of wedlock on  28 June 1863 in  Lund. As you have found, Gustafva married Simon Nilsson Zimmerdahl on 10 Mar 1866 in Vollsjö. I have proven that Simon is not the biological father of my grandfather Anders Magnus Zimmerdahl (his father is still to be determined). It appears, however, that Simon was a wonderful step-father to Anders Magnus and that he had a close relationship with his half-siblings. In fact, I have been able to establish contact with a descendant of his half-sister Sofia Kristina Zimmerdahl. It has been my desire to follow all of the children of Simon and Gustafva which has brought me to the family of Johan Christian Zimmerdahl and I very much appreciate all of the help that you have provided to further me in this attempt.

Sincerely,
Susanne

bente lindhardt

Hej til alle som hjælper Susanne.

Jeg var på Københavns Stadsarkiv for at lede i begravelsesregistrene i det håb om at finde Johan Christian Zimmerdahl og hans kone, men jeg fandt ingen af dem i årene 1930-1970, så de er ikke døde i Københavns kommune.

Hilsen
Bente Lindhardt

Verner Bentsen

Tak for forsøget, Bente.

mvh Verner

Vivi Winther

Hej

Johan Christian Zimmerdahl
http://www.politietsregisterblade.dk/index.php?option=com_sfup&controller=politregisterblade&task=viewRegisterblad&id=1925745&searchname=polit_simple

FT 1921 København, Rigensgade opslag 49  - Familien uden Anton -
FT 1925 København, Rigensgade opslag 192 - Familien med Anna og Albert -
FT 1930 København, Rigensgade opslag 185 - Familien med Albert

Johan Og Mathilde er viet 19 maj 1894 og har 4 børn ifølge opslaget FT 1930, dvs Anton er født uden for ægteskab.

Mvh

Vivi

"Intet er umuligt for den der bevarer viljen i hjertet"

bente lindhardt

Johan og Matilde Zimmerdahls dødsdatoer er fundet. De er begge døde i Bispebjerg sogn henholdsvis 1945 og 1948. Anton er Johans bror og ikke hans søn.

Hilsen
Bente L

Susanne Brown

I want to express my gratitude to all who have provided information on my Zimmerdahl family.  I particularly want to acknowledge Bente, who has been so generous in her efforts on my behalf.
In appreciation,
Susanne