Hellehojk

Startet af Arlene Mabis, 31 Dec 2010 - 07:15

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Arlene Mabis

Is this town name the same as Hellerup?  I have been trying to find Erik Antonius Hansen and wife, Berna Alice in the 1925 census.  I know that in 1940 Berna Alice was married to Knud Christian Charles Christensen and they lived at Parkowsvej 20.  Erik Hansen had died about 1937.  He and Berna Alice were married in 1923.  I have been trying to find the church record of his death.  He was about 42 when he died of cancer.  He was the owner of an exclusive lingerie factory and was quite wealthy.

Jørgen Sørensen

Arlene
It could be Hellerup.
Where did you have the name Hellehojk from?
In Denmark, there are many places that ends with -høj (-hoej)
Do you have a few more details?

Happy New Year
Venligst Jørgen - 2300

Arlene Mabis

Erik and Berna adopted a child on June 29, 1929.  Their address was shown as Hellehojx.  You can see this on AO  1928-1929  Rigshospitalet   Kobenhavn   Sokkelund  Op 187   #874  Bent Christensen.
Both Erik  and Berna Alice were married in the Ordup Kirke.  They were married at the Ordup Kirke on September 22, 1923.  Do you know of any other areas where I could look for a town by the name of Hellehojx?

Anne Mortensen

Their address was shown as Hellehojx
It is Hellerup
------------------------------

Venlig hilsen
Anne Mortensen - 2770

Helmer Christiansen

Citat fra: Arlene Mabis Dato 31 Dec 2010 - 08:45
Erik and Berna adopted a child on June 29, 1929.  Their address was shown as Hellehojx.  You can see this on AO  1928-1929  Rigshospitalet   Kobenhavn   Sokkelund  Op 187   #874  Bent Christensen.
Both Erik  and Berna Alice were married in the Ordup Kirke.  They were married at the Ordup Kirke on September 22, 1923.  Do you know of any other areas where I could look for a town by the name of Hellehojx?

I read it as Hellevej, a street name (vej = road). Today there is a Hellevej in Greve south of Copenhagen.

The child was adobted twice. The 2nd time June 21st 1940 to prokurist Knud Kristian Charles Christensen and wife Berna Alice, née Ulrichsen - Parkowsvej 20 in Gentofte.

(Prokurist is a person entitled to sign for the firm.)
Helmer Christiansen
2000 F

Anne Mortensen

I think it must be Hellerup, when the family still living in this area - also with No. 2 husband.
---------------------------------
København
Gentofte 1933-1947
Konf.
opslag 112
Bent Christensen
Gentofte, Jægersborg Sogn

Prokurist Knud Christian Charles
Christensen og Hstr. Berna Alice
Ulrichsen ____ Kgl. Adoptionsbev.
af 21.6.1840
Parkovsvej 20

Venlig hilsen
Anne Mortensen - 2770

Arlene Mabis

Thanks for the help.  I have been trying to find the exact date of Erik Hansen's death and also the date that Berna Alice remarried.  I have checked the Gentofte Kirke records but can't find either the death of Erik or the marriage of Berna Alice and her second husband.

Arlene Mabis

I have been searching for Jaegersborg Sogn but have not been able to find it.  Would their records of death, births and so forth be kept by the Gentofte Kirke?  Erik Antonius Hansen was born on Sept 23, 1895 he died when he was about 42.

Helmer Christiansen

Citat fra: Arlene Mabis Dato 02 Jan 2011 - 05:35
I have been searching for Jaegersborg Sogn but have not been able to find it.  Would their records of death, births and so forth be kept by the Gentofte Kirke?  Erik Antonius Hansen was born on Sept 23, 1895 he died when he was about 42.
Jægersborg church was inaugarated December 7th 1941. Church records are therefore too new to be posted on the Internet. Before 1941 the parish was part of Gentofte parish.
Helmer Christiansen
2000 F

Arlene Mabis

Thanks, Helmer,
Now I am at a dead end on finding Erik's death date.  It is not in the Gentofte records so I assume they were attending some other parish.

Jørgen Sørensen

Just for "fun" take a look here -
Link - Parkovsvej 20
Select Parkovsvej 20 - Click the red balloon to the right
If you have IrfanView, open IrfanView, open the image with the house, press Alt + Prt scrn simultaneously open IrfanView and paste.
Select what you want, press Ctrl + y, save your image.
Venligst Jørgen - 2300

Arlene Mabis

Jorgen,  Thanks for the information on finding a picture of the house of Berna Alice.  These homes in this area appear to be very beautiful big homes.  I have learned that her husband, Erik, was a very wealthy man.  Unfortunately he died of cancer at age of about 42.  They had lived near each other prior to their marriage.  He also was a very good tennis player.  My great grandmother and her father were brother and sister.

Jørgen Sørensen

Thank you.
By using the compass top left you can see the house from different sides
and google maps has street view
Venligst Jørgen - 2300

Arlene Mabis

Jorgen, this is a great site.  I have found homes of other of my Danish ancestors.  I have spent several hours just playing around on this site.  Thanks for telling me about it!!  Have a Happy New Year.  Arlene (USA)