Maid in Kammerlaquai Westergaard in 1834

Startet af Ruth Becker Morenz, 02 Feb 2013 - 17:47

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Ruth Becker Morenz

My 3x great-grandmother was Marie Bondrup.  She was born in Aalborg about 1816.  I have found her in the 1834 Copenhagen census as a maid at "Copenhagen, Copenhagen (city), Hofetaten, Kronprindsens Palais, Amalienborg Castle, 46, FT-1834.  I know this is her because my 2x great-grandmother was born on the Castle property.

Would anyone know if there are records kept at the castle and/or palace regarding the people who worked there back in 1834?  I am desperately trying to find out more about Marie; i.e. birth date, parents, etc.  I know she was born in Aalborg but that is all I know. 

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Sincerely,
Ruth Becker Morenz

Jesper Skov

Bonderup is not that common a name.

Couldn't it be

Ålborg Budolfi 1814-1832 opslag 61

Kind regards,

Jesper Skov

Anni Larsen

If Jesper Skov found the right person, you will find her confirmation here:
Aalborg Budolfi, Fleskum, Aalborg, 1825-1865, opslag 154 no 13, confirmation 1830.

Regards
Anni Larsen

Ruth Becker Morenz

Dear Jesper,

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer and look up that record.  I did come across that one yesterday, as a matter of fact.  It could very well be her.  I was very excited and hopeful that it is indeed her birth record with her parents' names.  I was just wondering about the servant records for the palace as maybe an additional place to find her birthdate, etc.

Thanks again for taking the time to help me.  I really appreciate it.

Sincerely,
Ruth Becker Morenz

Ruth Becker Morenz

Dear Anni,

Thank you so much.  As I just told Jesper, I found that record yesterday and did try to find her confirmation but was unsuccessful.  Yeah for you.  I really appreciate your time and effort to help me.

Sincerely,
Ruth Becker Morenz

Ruth Becker Morenz

Dear Annie or anyone,

I hate to ask you but could you translate what it says below Marie's name on her confirmation record?

Respectfully,
Ruth Becker Morenz

Judith Olsen

Dear Ruth

It says: NB Konfirmeret efter meddelt tilladelse -meaning:

Confirmed by autorished permission

Hope that Google Translate is correct.

It means that she is confirmed - probable with permisson from the bishop, as she was not yet 14 years old.
Venlig hilsen
Judith Olsen
Terslev, 4690 Haslev
judith@olsen.mail.dk

Jesper Skov

Just to clarify:

Kammerlaquai Westergaard is a royal footman called Westergaard at whom she works.

It is probably pointless to search royal archives because her birth date, parents or birth place is normaly not mentioned in such records.

Try to find her death registration or the (assumed) parents' death registrations and probates.

Kind regards,

Jesper Skov

Anni Larsen

I agree with Judith. Marie was not old enough for confirmation.
You will see the same remark for the next girl nr. 14 Dorthe.

Regards
Anni

Ruth Becker Morenz

Dear Judith, Jesper and Anni,

You are all very kind to take the time to help me.  I so appreciate it.  I will continue my search and take all you comments and findings with me on this journey. 

Respectfully,
Ruth Becker Morenz